Godsey and Dorsey 2 rumours flying around Twitter | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Godsey and Dorsey 2 rumours flying around Twitter

I don't think dorsey's come in here it might be somebody in house if that's the case I don't understand why it's taking so long and it hasn't been announced already

I would think that hiring a positions coach as a new OC from outside the organization would be a difficult task. You have a Defensive guy in Flores as a head coach and this OC hire will be the 5th in 5 years for this organization. My opinion, I think a hot QB coach or a hot positions coach looking for his 1st OC job might be hesitant to sign with the Dolphins. If it didn’t work out after year 1 and he is let go, what does his future opportunities look like as an OC?

I would think that hiring a positions coach as a new OC from outside the organization would be a difficult task. You have a Defensive guy in Flores as a head coach and this OC hire will be the 5th in 5 years for this organization. My opinion, I think a hot QB coach or a hot positions coach looking for his 1st OC job might be hesitant to sign with the Dolphins. If it didn’t work out after year 1 and he is let go, what does his future opportunities look like as an OC?
Come in do a good job you stay. It ain't hard.

I don't think dorsey's come in here it might be somebody in house if that's the case I don't understand why it's taking so long and it hasn't been announced already
What, from the team's perspective, is the advantage in announcing anything?

I realize hardcore fans think they are entitled to timely intel, but it isn't even February yet......

Disagree with virtually every thing you said.

Omar's baseless opining aside, Flo doesn't play the "buddy" game, and he damn sure believes in accountability.

I'm not sure why ppl assume an OC, particularly a first time play caller, is going to come in and have carte blanche over all offensive staff hires. I'm not sure why ppl think Flo is going to just abandon his offensive philosophy, in favor of some unproven OC.

The HC is in charge of all aspects of the team.

Don't confuse delegation with deferring.
I wont turn this into a big back and forth just want to touch on what I feel is you speaking of points I didn't make.

The buddies reference is factual Flores and Godsey are close, Studesville is a coach Flores has publicly stated will be an OC someday....so he like both.

As for accountability it's very difficult to have complete understanding who is being successful or not when two people split a duty, otherwise why dont teams have co coordinators at the NFL level? If you want to keep a hot coaching prospect? IN MY OPINION it's a bad recipe, it also hurts the 2 coaches involved with advancing their career, critics or doubters will ask if he was so good why did he have to share responsibility.

The outsider I never said would be unproven you may have assumed that was my thought.....I dont know who the external options are.

As for the new OC making hires ...I not once said that(though many here wanted to connect the dots because of the Frye hiring) my point was directly related to the team has made an announcement on the OL coach and QB coach hiring.

If they were going to hire one or both of the internal options certainly by now they would have made it official.

I stand by my belief they will hire outside the organization.

Who I have a hunch ....I will have to wait and see if I guessed right,lol

Omar has always been terrible and with the tight lips in Davie it makes him guess a lot more so he hopes what he says sticks and can shout out he was right.
You're right. He makes a calculated guess that it won't happen. It's just a guess, but he acts like he has the inside info. Good chance he's right and then he can crow.

What, from the team's perspective, is the advantage in announcing anything?

I realize hardcore fans think they are entitled to timely intel, but it isn't even February yet......
I promise I'm not picking on you ,lol

I agree the team doesn't work on fans timeline, the idea that its advantages not to announce the hiring of the OC when 1-they are announcing every position they fill as its filled (based on your logic they shouldn't have made any announcements yet)
2- every team makes the announcement once they hire a coach
(Seattle,LA Chargers most recently)

It's not a government secret they simply have not made a decision.

And its seems clear why their 1st option is not available.....yet.

Another team just hired an OC.
Does that mean we have an agreement with a Tampa or Kansas City assistant?

The fact we're now in senior bowl practices and an OC hasn't been named makes me believe it will be in-house.

Would have to believe you would want the OC looking at these players with the staff

The fact we're now in senior bowl practices and an OC hasn't been named makes me believe it will be in-house.

Would have to believe you would want the OC looking at these players with the staff
Funny, it makes me think it will be an outside hire. Why would you have co OC's wouldn't you name one?

Back
Top Bottom