Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Goodell announces all issues resolved. We have a FULL DOLPHINS SEASON.

Well that's going to be 85% of them this year. Nothing you can do about it sadly. I know there are some bans on going political so I'm not going to. But with that said, I fear for anyone in my personal world that wants to evaluate my love for this country and level of patriotism because I do or don't watch NFL football. It's my entertainment and I would rather politics stay out of sports in general. Sports is an escape. Not a place to learn what a bunch of millionaires paid to play a game think. It is immaterial whether I agree or not. Just keep it out.
I agree. I will not go to the sports pub (if you can find one that will show games anymore) and drop major coin on anything I find not to be entertaining. I love my Phish but am over the BS that is today's sports "entertainment".

I agree. I will not go to the sports pub (if you can find one that will show games anymore) and drop major coin on anything I find not to be entertaining. I love my Phish but am over the BS that is today's sports "entertainment".
Well, I'm not over it and I never will be. They can put as many politics as they want in there. it will annoy me but I'm a Dolphins fan until I die. Only one gear in the Fin-Loco mobile and it's max speed Go Dolphins with the gas pedal welded to the floor.

Well that's going to be 85% of them this year. Nothing you can do about it sadly. I know there are some bans on going political so I'm not going to. But with that said, I fear for anyone in my personal world that wants to evaluate my love for this country and level of patriotism because I do or don't watch NFL football. It's my entertainment and I would rather politics stay out of sports in general. Sports is an escape. Not a place to learn what a bunch of millionaires paid to play a game think. It is immaterial whether I agree or not. Just keep it out.
So keep it out then. You’ve just given your opinion while telling others not to give theirs.

The news also gives good info on the cap situation for 2021. The $175m floor is the cap figure for now, but if things go a bit better financially for the league, the cap could increase? This gives us fans an idea of where Miami will stand cap wise for 2021. Miami's top 51 for 2021 is something in the range of $160m-$163m leaving Miami with between $12m-$15m in cap space not including the $16m-$18m in rollover from 2020. Miami was expected to have around $50m in cap at $198m. They are still in a good position either way and are one of the better teams cap wise moving forward. Let's hope for the best and a season that doesn't tank or nose dive due to exploding virus issues around the league.

Interesting:

I believe he was saying all issues resolved between the owners and player union. I doubt he was talking about covid being resolved or any health issues. The players union wanted some concessions met before signing off on trying to have a a season and he was just saying the two sides have made the needed agreements.

I think that's what actually happened and what should have been said. But as worded it was somewhat wider in scope.

Sorry guys. I know I sounded like an ass hat. I’m involved with public health, and probably a little too much.

I want a full season as much as anyone. I also want our players, coaches, and their families to be safe.

Please, please don’t say anything about this being all overblown though. It is so disrespectful to the people losing their lives, the frontline health workers, etc.

If you think this is overblown in the media, then please go spend a day in the trenches and talk to me about it. It’s all political until your wife or kid is on a ventilator or something terrible.

I wish we had (as a league) looked at the “bubble” options and that the NFL had prepared better. You still have idiots like the Tampa Bay linebacker hosting a party for 2,000 people a couple weeks ago. Those decisions will ripple through the league, as these things don’t happen in a vacuum.

Sorry guys. I know I sounded like an *** hat. I’m involved with public health, and probably a little too much.

I want a full season as much as anyone. I also want our players, coaches, and their families to be safe.

Please, please don’t say anything about this being all overblown though. It is so disrespectful to the people losing their lives, the frontline health workers, etc.

If you think this is overblown in the media, then please go spend a day in the trenches and talk to me about it. It’s all political until your wife or kid is on a ventilator or something terrible.

I wish we had (as a league) looked at the “bubble” options and that the NFL had prepared better. You still have idiots like the Tampa Bay linebacker hosting a party for 2,000 people a couple weeks ago. Those decisions will ripple through the league, as these things don’t happen in a vacuum.
You don’t have to apologise for anything. The NFL have handled this poorly and the only reason there is a plan that goes some way to protecting players and staff is because the NFLPA have constantly negotiated the league towards it. God help the players, teams and ultimately the season if it went ahead with the NFL’s original ‘plans’.

Why? Because I see threads moved all the time because of ‘potential to get political’, and yet despite acknowledging you shouldn’t and saying that other people shouldn’t you’ve inserted your unrelated political views and surprise surprise the thread is still here.

I guess the majority of posters here leaning to the right means any threads with liberal views are quickly objected to and moved, I suppose there isn’t enough objection to right-wing views for moderators to have to worry about those kinds of comments being left in a non-political forum.

Sorry guys. I know I sounded like an *** hat. I’m involved with public health, and probably a little too much.

No sweat brother. Responses are all about the responder's perspective. We get it man. I would like to think there isn't a single person on the main Dolphins fan site that doesn't;t want to watch Dolphins football...

Why? Because I see threads moved all the time because of ‘potential to get political’, and yet despite acknowledging you shouldn’t and saying that other people shouldn’t you’ve inserted your unrelated political views and surprise surprise the thread is still here.

I guess the majority of posters here leaning to the right means any threads with liberal views are quickly objected to and moved, I suppose there isn’t enough objection to right-wing views for moderators to have to worry about those kinds of comments being left in a non-political forum.
I didn't voice a political thought except a wish that politics would not enter into our sports world. It doesn't get more vanilla than that. If that were held too, we wouldn't have anything to potentially argue over. I won't get my wish sadly.

Back
Top Bottom