Grade the draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade the draft

Grade the draft

• Total voters
NY Post graded us as #1 draft. For whatever that is worth. View attachment 75159
As a CA based Dolfan since '82, I have a deep-seeded hate for the media for slighting the Dolphins.

In the nineties, DirecTV wouldn't give me service, and the Sunday Ticket, because I lived in an apartment, so I relied on ESPN highlights for at least half of the Miami games. An entire decade of one or two highlights per game really pissed me off.

So while I am not a fan of most of the media, and the NY Post is near the bottom, for other reasons, I'm enjoying all of the love the team is getting this year.

I gave it a C.

So very disappointed we lost out on Pitts and chase. I'm not mad at the move to 6 though. I just thought for sure one of them would be there. Cincy WILL regret not picking Sewell. I'm good with waddle. I'm good with Phillips. Concussions scare me though.

Not really to excited about Holland. I would have went osuwu koramoah there if I was going defense. Otherwise I would have went OT Jenkins there at 2a. 2b I would have went WR terrace Marshall Jr.

After that I can't say what I would or wouldn't have done. I didnt do that much research. The TE pick was out of no where as was the Holland pick in the second. But that is Griers MO though so I can't say I'm surprised. Just smh. Another iggy pick I think.

Overall I wish we would have came away with more playmakers/support for Tua. That was the whole damn argument last year for all his lovers. I just can't count on 3 injury prone wide receivers to play a full year when none of them have in the last how many years? It also doesn't make sense to draft a weak unathletic LT and put him on the right side having to learn pretty much the opposite of playing the left side from scratch when a natural RT who is a better lineman imo was there for the taking in Jenkins. The Heartbreaker was Denver moving up and taking RB Williams right from under us. I'm confident we would have taken him if he was there. No I don't have any proof and your right, I can't say for sure, I just feel it.

We got 1 concensus playmaker in waddle and even he is not a guarantee.

I trust in Flo though so I will take a wait and see approach. It just doesn't feel good at this moment

Well, is always too early to grade a draft this quick but I love what we did with our top 5 picks.
I wanted a playmaking WR and got one of the best in Waddle

I wanted a dynamic pass rusher and got the best in this draft with Phillips

I wanted a safety and we got a playmaking safety with Holland who can do many different things

I wanted to add to the O-line and got one of my favorite players in this draft in Eichenberg

Hunter Long was one of my favorite players in this draft as well so happy there too

We traded a 5th round pick for a 4th round pick so we won that one

Did not expect much from two 7 round picks so meh

Casserly said that our top 4 picks could all have been 1st round picks.

I'll go with B here only because we didn't get a top RB or Center but if the top 5 guys turn out to be as good as I hope this could be an A+ and people who know me well know that I'm not just a blind homer.
Lol you probably never even heard of eichenberg before this draft. Stop cappin

I feel in under two years Grier and Flo transformed this team. I have A's down the board on this draft. This is the most impressive draft any of my teams has ever complied. I'm prepared to tag this statement and revisit in 2 years. This will go down as the most successful class of the 2000s. Our first 5 picks will all be starters for us(for some time) going into the 3rd year of draft.
I think last years class may give this one a run for its money, all good either way.

He hasn't seen ND play for the past 3 years?
He didn't know who Eichenberg was, so he thinks no one else does.

Edit: I mean, c'mon. No one really knows one lineman from another, other than the true studs, without doing some homework. It's not like linemen get a lot of airtime during the games.

I said B..probably B+..could be A-..could be A+..we'll see in a few years.

The 7th rounders today can always work out or not..but our first 5 picks, 1st thru 3rd rounds..all really solid/good if you ask me!

He didn't know who Eichenberg was, so he thinks no one else does.

Edit: I mean, c'mon. No one really knows one lineman from another, other than the true studs, without doing some homework. It's not like linemen get a lot of airtime during the games.
I still think anyone who watches college football even casually knows who he is. He's not a sexy pick so he doesn't count I guess? I find it funny that Williams became the must have guy for our team in the span of about 3 months. Guess what, he won't do **** if you don't have guys to block for him.

C only because Grier has gotten more lazy these last 2 drafts and is not working the later rounds hard enough. The picks in first 3 rounds are solid starters but I did not feel like we got great value just good value especially with all those extra picks we got from the Texans we lucked into. B plus A minus first 3 rounds.

Who is Marc Ross? I don't recognize him as a former player. He's given Miami rave reviews for the draft.

Lol, so yall are the all knowing oracles of what people know and don't know now? That statement of any casual fan who watches college football should know who he is has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Yall must be some payasos!!

Lol, so yall are the all knowing oracles of what people know and don't know now? That statement of any casual fan who watches college football should know who he is has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Yall must be some payasos!!
I can't speak for everyone, but yeah, I am. I don't know what in the third world a payosos is, but whatever.

Back
Top Bottom