Grade the draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade the draft

Grade the draft

• Total voters
He didn't know who Eichenberg was, so he thinks no one else does.

Edit: I mean, c'mon. No one really knows one lineman from another, other than the true studs, without doing some homework. It's not like linemen get a lot of airtime during the games
I still think anyone who watches college football even casually knows who he is. He's not a sexy pick so he doesn't count I guess? I find it funny that Williams became the must have guy for our team in the span of about 3 months. Guess what, he won't do **** if you don't have guys to block for him.
Lol, so yall are the all knowing oracles of what people know and don't know now? That statement of any casual fan who watches college football should know who he is has got to be the most ridiculous statement I've ever heard. Yall must be some payasos!!

We took a stab at Najee but Minnesota apparently said it would take both seconds this year and something else. I would've done it and flipped one of our one's next year and grabbed Jenkins...flip the one in 2023 for Creed.

Waddle
Phillips
Harris
Jenkins
Humphrey

But that's why I'm a fan. Glad they took Holland and Eichenberg.

That said and the fact we have 2 extra first rounders the next 2 years...this draft gets an A mother ****ing plus

We took a stab at Najee but Minnesota apparently said it would take both seconds this year and something else. I would've done it and flipped one of our one's next year and grabbed Jenkins...flip the one in 2023 for Creed.

Waddle
Phillips
Harris
Jenkins
Humphrey

But that's why I'm a fan. Glad they took Holland and Eichenberg.

That said and the fact we have 2 extra first rounders the next 2 years...this draft gets an A mother ****ing plus
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we lost our first from next year to get to sixth overall. So we only have 49ers first next year. But we do have two firsts in 2023

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we lost our first from next year to get to sixth overall. So we only have 49ers first next year. But we do have two firsts in 2023

Crap, you're right...still though

This is an A draft with definite potential to be A+. The only pick I can even begin to wonder about is Hunter Long but not because I don’t like the player but because I thought we could have went with a different position but the player himself is a solid pick.

We got my 2 guys Jaelan Phillips and Jevon Holland. Both of those guys will be true impact players. Jaylen Waddle will show his impact from day 1. He can and will take it the distance from anywhere on the field. I even liked trading that 5th for a future 4th. Nice under the radar move. Larnel Coleman will have a chance to stick as a swing Tackle and Gerrid Doaks I actually saw on 3 different occasions and always thought he was underrated. He’s a big back at 230 and he falls forward every single time he touches the ball. Maybe he can be for us what we had hoped Jordan Howard would be. A short yardage/goal line power back that will smash it in there between the tackles.

This absolutely has a chance to be the best draft class of my lifetime and I’m 31. I have seriously never been more excited for a draft class.

Overall I really like this draft. I have been watching Miami Dolphins drafts for the last 30 years and there are always a pick early on where I am scratching my head and bemoaning being a Dolphins fan but with Waddle and Phillips I have no qualms on those picks. Phillips is the type of DE Miami should have taken when they wasted the first rounder a few years ago on Charles Harris. I like Holland's playmaking ability at safety and in Eichenberg they got a tackle that some saw as a late first rounder.

The only downside with this draft is the TE Long pick and the lack of picks in the mid to late rounds. Long was a WTF pick for me given that Quinn Meinerz was still available and I don't see where Long really benefits this team other than future security. He is not as dynamic or good of a pass catcher as Gesicki and he is not the blocker that Smythe is. So where does he help other than that both Gesicki and Smythe are nearing the end of their rookie contracts? Really wish they would have went with Meinerz who I will not be surprise turns into a very solid starting C. Also wish Miami had a few more picks in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds but not something I am really going to complain about. Overall this was a A- to B+ draft which would have been a solid A with Meinerz instead of Long or if Denver had not stolen Javonte Williams in the early 2nd round.

I gave it a C.

So very disappointed we lost out on Pitts and chase. I'm not mad at the move to 6 though. I just thought for sure one of them would be there. Cincy WILL regret not picking Sewell. I'm good with waddle. I'm good with Phillips. Concussions scare me though.

Not really to excited about Holland. I would have went osuwu koramoah there if I was going defense. Otherwise I would have went OT Jenkins there at 2a. 2b I would have went WR terrace Marshall Jr.

After that I can't say what I would or wouldn't have done. I didnt do that much research. The TE pick was out of no where as was the Holland pick in the second. But that is Griers MO though so I can't say I'm surprised. Just smh. Another iggy pick I think.

Overall I wish we would have came away with more playmakers/support for Tua. That was the whole damn argument last year for all his lovers. I just can't count on 3 injury prone wide receivers to play a full year when none of them have in the last how many years? It also doesn't make sense to draft a weak unathletic LT and put him on the right side having to learn pretty much the opposite of playing the left side from scratch when a natural RT who is a better lineman imo was there for the taking in Jenkins. The Heartbreaker was Denver moving up and taking RB Williams right from under us. I'm confident we would have taken him if he was there. No I don't have any proof and your right, I can't say for sure, I just feel it.

We got 1 concensus playmaker in waddle and even he is not a guarantee.

I trust in Flo though so I will take a wait and see approach. It just doesn't feel good at this moment

I agree with most of this, but I would say I am mad about the move to 6. I would have rather kept our picks we traded to the Eagles and drafted Parsons, or if you really wanted to go WR, Kadarius Toney.

No idea how these players will pan out but from a positional standpoint... WR - Pass Rusher - FS - T - TE - T - RB is how you manage your salary cap. Its flat out text book.
Well this made a bunch of cuts possible. And I mean grant, Wilson, McCain and Symth. All would save room

Lol you probably never even heard of eichenberg before this draft. Stop cappin

Just because you don't know a player in the draft doesn't mean we don't.

Dude played at ND, not some D3 school. You not knowing certain players is why your consistent bitching is the most annoying thing about this place.

Learn about the players Miami picked before typing on this fourm like a 12 year old child.

Back
Top Bottom