Grier And Ross On Tannehill | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier And Ross On Tannehill

God forbid we give Ryan a little bit of a running game and protection to help us win a damn game.

Jonathan Martin (rd 2)

Dallas Thomas (rd 3)

Ju Juan James (rd 1)

Billy Turner (rd 3)

Jamil Douglas (rd 4)

Laremy Tunsil (rd 1)

Not to mention that Pouncey was already here when Tannehill arrived. Tannehill has had an o-line. Whether the o-line was evaluated correctly, or the coaching wasn't up to par...he had a line AND a running back in Lamar Miller

I have said it before and I will say it again.....he won at a very high rate when our still below average line was somewhat healthy.......he did not win at a high rate when the scrubs came in due to constant injury on the OL. FACTS!

Jonathan Martin (rd 2)

Dallas Thomas (rd 3)

Ju Juan James (rd 1)

Billy Turner (rd 3)

Jamil Douglas (rd 4)

Laremy Tunsil (rd 1)

Not to mention that Pouncey was already here when Tannehill arrived. Tannehill has had an o-line. Whether the o-line was evaluated correctly, or the coaching wasn't up to par...he had a line AND a running back in Lamar Miller

I was talking about in that particular game. He played better when we got rid of the dead weight and was able to establish a running threat . . . In comparison to the first 5 weeks of that season.

Having the assets and seeing them come to fruition consistenly are two different things.

I was talking about in that particular game. He played better when we got rid of the dead weight and was able to establish a running threat . . . In comparison to the first 5 weeks of that season.

Having the assets and seeing them come to fruition consistenly are two different things.

IJS...we tried to give him the tools. We may just be cursed.

I wouldn’t say it was because of getting rid of anybody. They started to play better when the coaching realized that you couldn’t rely on tannehill. After that terrible 5 game stretch they took the ball out of his hands.

The first five games he averaged 34.6 dropbacks a game vs 18 rushing attempts a game. Compare this to the next 8 games where he averaged 30 dropbacks and 28 rushing attempts per game.

Last edited:
Jonathan Martin (rd 2)

Dallas Thomas (rd 3)

Ju Juan James (rd 1)

Billy Turner (rd 3)

Jamil Douglas (rd 4)

Laremy Tunsil (rd 1)

The lines the OL coach was doing was far better than any line Tannehill ever had. When Pouncey, James, Tunsil, and Albert were all healthy, we still tanked 25th in the league as an OL but Tannehill won a lot of games, just like he did the year before when Pouncey, James, and Albert were healthy. That line was still very bad, regardless of draft pedigree....but it wasn't the turnstile the OL became when those players were hurt, which they were A LOT!

I don't know what to make of Ryan Tannehill but I'd like to see him play again. If fragile Mariota lives up to his billing Ryan will play in 2019. I know I like to point out when the site is wrong and it's probably annoying at times but the thing is I personally don't care about being wrong about what I post on a fan message forum wile for some reason others do. Anyway my point is I admit I was wrong about Tannehill and Gase. I made a point never to be sold on an HC after a good first year after the Sparano/Pennington 2008 year and what followed. Yet I did it again. At the end of 2016 I was convinced we'd found a HC and QB that would keep us competitive for a while. I don't know about winning championships, I never really predict that kind of stuff because it's so hard, but a perennial playoff team with a chance. I remained positive even though huge holes were blown in that theory in 2017 even with the HC being hamstrung but the QB. The QB he handpicked after all. 2018 was an extreme disappointment. I liked the offense we were putting together and I thought Adam genuinely like what we had here and we were poised to get back to the playoffs. Then there were more moments that made you scratch your head and we find out Adam was trying to trade for Matt Stafford. A QB who may be better than Tannehill but still one that I really wouldn't want unless maybe I was building a fantasy football team and he wasn't even at good at that as he usually is.

It will be interesting to see what Gase does with the Jets. If Darnold ends up being good he'll probably get lucky otherwise he'll run Leveon into the ground and probably get him injured. We shall see.

The lines the OL coach was doing was far better than any line Tannehill ever had. When Pouncey, James, Tunsil, and Albert were all healthy, we still tanked 25th in the league as an OL but Tannehill won a lot of games, just like he did the year before when Pouncey, James, and Albert were healthy. That line was still very bad, regardless of draft pedigree....but it wasn't the turnstile the OL became when those players were hurt, which they were A LOT!

Funny and true story :roflmao

The lines the OL coach was doing was far better than any line Tannehill ever had. When Pouncey, James, Tunsil, and Albert were all healthy, we still tanked 25th in the league as an OL but Tannehill won a lot of games, just like he did the year before when Pouncey, James, and Albert were healthy.

Define "a lot" as it pertains to the games Tannehill won....

"ABCD and ELEMENOPEE!!!"

You do remember Tannehill being like 8-3 or some s*** when Pouncey, James, and Albert played together right?

I don't remember the exact numbers but the difference was night and day with those 3 being in vs. out (as if it was some great trio, and it was compared to the backups and other starting 2), but hey don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

May the lord have mercy of Ryan Fitzmagic's back.

Does any other quarterback have as many wins (3) against Tom Brady since Tannehill came into the league?

Actually it is 4 wins against Brady and nobody but Peyton Manning has more wins vs Brady.

It should be noted that Ryan has also had the most chances to play against Brady (10 tries, 4-6 record) since he entered the league.

Brady has only lost 21 regular season games since that 2012 season opener.

I wouldn’t say it was because of getting rid of anybody. They started to play better when the coaching realized that you couldn’t rely on tannehill. After that terrible 5 game stretch they took the ball out of his hands.

The first five games he averaged 34.6 dropbacks a game vs 18 rushing attempts a game. Compare this to the next 8 games where he averaged 30 dropbacks and 28 rushing attempts per game.

I mean part of that has to do with the offensive line playing better once we got rid of the dead weight, allowing our team to get out to leads and then taking the ball out of Ryan's hands to grind the clock down with the running game.

Saying they couldn't rely on Tannehill when the guy was still dropping back 30 times a game at a 70% completion clip and winning 7 of the next 8 games . . . seems a bit shortsighted.

When he played like trash on the road vs. the Rams, they didn't take the ball out of his hands, they put it right back in his hands and he lead the team to 2 touchdowns in the last 5 minutes for the win.

I wouldn't call that not being able to rely on Tannehill. He had a good stretch of play that year.

The Dolphins as a team always had much bigger problems than just the QB

They needed a super star, blue chip, Hall of Fame QB to overcome all the other holes.

RT was a tough player playing QB, let's leave it at that

I mean part of that has to do with the offensive line playing better once we got rid of the dead weight, allowing our team to get out to leads and then taking the ball out of Ryan's hands to grind the clock down with the running game.

Saying they couldn't rely on Tannehill when the guy was still dropping back 30 times a game at a 70% completion clip and winning 7 of the next 8 games . . . seems a bit shortsighted.

When he played like trash on the road vs. the Rams, they didn't take the ball out of his hands, they put it right back in his hands and he lead the team to 2 touchdowns in the last 5 minutes for the win.

I wouldn't call that not being able to rely on Tannehill. He had a good stretch of play that year.

They went from 65% pass to 51% pass and that isn’t taking the ball out of his hands?

He was great in the rams game. 142 net passing yards on 38 dropbacks.

Back
Top Bottom