Griese is a Loser | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese is a Loser

I am done...now your turn to leave it alone...and man...those one liners you use are terrible!...lol....Go Phins!

Originally posted by NYPhinFan
I am done...now your turn to leave it alone...and man...those one liners you use are terrible!...lol....Go Phins!
they must have hit home or you wouldn't have commented on em!:D

DeDolfan, Yes, I knew who he was aiming at. Just seemed like his aim was a long way off. The post that got me wondering is now 'missing', so I guess I will never figure it out. :cry:

One thing about this Forum, it seems like there are a lot more people that really pay attention to what is ACTUALLY happening on the field (and you 'place the blame' where it belongs) than there were on the Broncos Forums through 2002. The neat thing is, those who DID stick up for Brian during his first four years as a starter are now able to say, "I told you so", and are doing it. :D

Maybe 06 and a few of the others that don't want Brian could go read some of the posts on Orangemane. They had quite a QB controversy last year also. There were those who insisted that Steve Beuerlein was going to light up the Offense. :confused:

I know a lot of people don't like stats. NFL just keeps them as a hobby? NOT so! If nothing else, it is a way to figure out who is more likely to make it under various circumstances. Funny thing is, WITH Brian, the Broncos were almost always in the top 8 in the entire NFL in Passing, from 2000 on. (Brian did what HE had to do to win) Don't even count Plummers game against KC and look where they were at in Passing, with him.

Last year the people on the Forums were saying Vick was the best QB in the NFL. (Jay is NOT Michael Vick) Well, several posters pointed out that he was more likely to be injured because of the Rushing. Brian's worst injury, and the one that won him the SECOND All HEART, happened on a Running play.

Without a First Quarter meltdown by the D and ST against Baltimore and some really stupid Playcalling by the coach against Miami, Brian would have been 8 for 8 going against Oakland last year. Instead, the SB lovers decided Brian's Ints lost both games.

Balt. P/R attempts 54/21. Gotta wonder how many QBs WON'T have Ints under those circumstances? and he still got 306 yards.

Miami P/R attempts 46/26. 299 yards.

Oak. P/R attempts 47/22. 265 yards and a Bronco D that went down in the record books as the first NFL team to ALLOW 34 of 38 Passing.

This is the story of Brian's Career. On a team that excels in the Ground game, WHEN they use it. Take a look at the LAST time Denver attempted the Rush more than the Pass for the majority of their games. (Only 5 were +Pass and never a 2/1 Ratio or anywhere close.) 1998. The following year, with a schedule befitting winners of the SB, a first year starter was asked to Pass twice as often as they attempted to Rush in two of his first five games. The other 3 were also lopsided. In fact, that entire year, he only played in 2 games that favored the Rush. He still got 3032 yards for the year.

Brian does his part. Hopefully, Miami can get the Ground game going and give him a little help. Take a look at the P/R ratio from the Indy game.

Sorry this is so long but I checked out a bunch of QBs and their W/L regarding the P/R. In four years, Brian won all but one game where the attempts were in favor of the ground game. Same for John Elway, in 3 years. Brian even won one where he attempted the pass 50 times. (Last year KC) John Elway never attempted 50 times in his last 3 years.

I guess some have noticed that I am a Brian Griese fan. You bet! But then, I pay attention to what ALL of the players are doing in the games. Laying the blame for the losses on Brian was way beyond despicable.

It may look bad to some of you that I would switch from a Bronco fan to a Brian fan. Little background. I never sat down and watched a game until the SB with SF. I was far from home and bored. Knew nothing about Football, but the announcers kept saying how bad the calls were against Denver. I was really impressed with John Elway during that game. They lost of course but I was hooked.

Since that game, I have watched all the games I could get. Have most of the Bronco Ws on tape and have watched each several times. In that time, no team has done to their QB what Denver did to Brian last year. I am a definately a Brian Griese fan and darn proud of it. Had you watched each of those games as many times as I have, you would realize just how unjust the treatment of him was. I can't be a fan of a team that would do what they did to a player who so very clearly did NOT deserve such treatment.

dolfan06, Ater reading your last few posts, I am impressed! Have you ever heard the old saying, "Vulgarity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcibly"?

I am also impressed that you could 'change' another well known saying, "He will get his.", to "he will get his 2nd loss". To most of the English speaking world, "He will get his.", has a very definate meaning. Not even close to your attempt at 'spin'. Neat try. No cigar!

I am also impressed, (After reading many of your posts) that you would even realize that the original statement was not a very nice thing to say. (That is the only thing you seem to have realized.) I would have been even more impressed had you decided to apologize for the statement instead of making such a lame attempt to cover it up. :rolleyes:

NYPhinFan, Leaving sarcasm aside, I "really" am impressed with your attempts to enlighten 06. Sorry, but I think that is a losing game. If it isn't way overblown praise for Jay Fiedler, he is just NOT going to get it, no matter how many FACTs you have on your side.

Thanks

Thanks Becky...I just don't get all the venom and hate coming Grieses' way.......I just want what is best for the team...and all this namecalling and stuff just does not cut it....but I guess it will go on no matter what...so we can just ignore it

Originally posted by Beckyj4
dolfan06, Ater reading your last few posts, I am impressed! Have you ever heard the old saying, "Vulgarity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcibly"?

I am also impressed that you could 'change' another well known saying, "He will get his.", to "he will get his 2nd loss". To most of the English speaking world, "He will get his.", has a very definate meaning. Not even close to your attempt at 'spin'. Neat try. No cigar!

I am also impressed, (After reading many of your posts) that you would even realize that the original statement was not a very nice thing to say. (That is the only thing you seem to have realized.) I would have been even more impressed had you decided to apologize for the statement instead of making such a lame attempt to cover it up. :rolleyes:
actually j4, i didn't think i needed to spell it out since we were discussing wins and losses, but i guess you have to take some people to the library.

btw, have you ever played football, or coached football or have you just watched it on tv. i have done all three and it seems like you are lacking in several areas!
and since we are talking about phrases that are not cool, this is one of the worst(or best, depending on whice side of the 50 you stand):""I told you so", and are doing it." touche!

Re: Thanks

...I just don't get all the venom and hate coming Grieses' way.......
i think this is exactly what we were saying when jay was catching the flack, yet it didn't slow people down one bit!;)

I agree Dolphin06...but I don't think it benifits anyone...thats why I don't do it...and maybe alot of other people here who do it should follow the lead....can't say it wasn't fair to Jay...then do it to Brian...its a no win situation

Originally posted by dolfan06
i don't know if the game would have turned out better, no one can say that for sure. but it would have turned out different!. jay can run, and brian can't.;)

I guess I must have gotten the wrong info. I thought I heard that Jay can't run either, right now.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I agree Dolphin06...but I don't think it benifits anyone...thats why I don't do it...and maybe alot of other people here who do it should follow the lead....can't say it wasn't fair to Jay...then do it to Brian...its a no win situation
besides, i never said i hate brian. as a matter of fact, i liked him before he came on the team, mainly becuse he's bobs son. i used to follow him at michigan. i just don't think he's the best option for this team the way the OLine is!;)

DeDolfan, Yes, I knew who he was aiming at. Just seemed like his aim was a long way off. The post that got me wondering is now 'missing', so I guess I will never figure it out. :cry:

One thing about this Forum, it seems like there are a lot more people that really pay attention to what is ACTUALLY happening on the field (and you 'place the blame' where it belongs) than there were on the Broncos Forums through 2002. The neat thing is, those who DID stick up for Brian during his first four years as a starter are now able to say, "I told you so", and are doing it. :D

Maybe 06 and a few of the others that don't want Brian could go read some of the posts on Orangemane. They had quite a QB controversy last year also. There were those who insisted that Steve Beuerlein was going to light up the Offense. :confused:

I know a lot of people don't like stats. NFL just keeps them as a hobby? NOT so! If nothing else, it is a way to figure out who is more likely to make it under various circumstances. Funny thing is, WITH Brian, the Broncos were almost always in the top 8 in the entire NFL in Passing, from 2000 on. (Brian did what HE had to do to win) Don't even count Plummers game against KC and look where they were at in Passing, with him.

Last year the people on the Forums were saying Vick was the best QB in the NFL. (Jay is NOT Michael Vick) Well, several posters pointed out that he was more likely to be injured because of the Rushing. Brian's worst injury, and the one that won him the SECOND All HEART, happened on a Running play.

Without a First Quarter meltdown by the D and ST against Baltimore and some really stupid Playcalling by the coach against Miami, Brian would have been 8 for 8 going against Oakland last year. Instead, the SB lovers decided Brian's Ints lost both games.

Balt. P/R attempts 54/21. Gotta wonder how many QBs WON'T have Ints under those circumstances? and he still got 306 yards.

Miami P/R attempts 46/26. 299 yards.

Oak. P/R attempts 47/22. 265 yards and a Bronco D that went down in the record books as the first NFL team to ALLOW 34 of 38 Passing.

This is the story of Brian's Career. On a team that excels in the Ground game, WHEN they use it. Take a look at the LAST time Denver attempted the Rush more than the Pass for the majority of their games. (Only 5 were +Pass and never a 2/1 Ratio or anywhere close.) 1998. The following year, with a schedule befitting winners of the SB, a first year starter was asked to Pass twice as often as they attempted to Rush in two of his first five games. The other 3 were also lopsided. In fact, that entire year, he only played in 2 games that favored the Rush. He still got 3032 yards for the year.

Brian does his part. Hopefully, Miami can get the Ground game going and give him a little help. Take a look at the P/R ratio from the Indy game.

Sorry this is so long but I checked out a bunch of QBs and their W/L regarding the P/R. In four years, Brian won all but one game where the attempts were in favor of the ground game. Same for John Elway, in 3 years. Brian even won one where he attempted the pass 50 times. (Last year KC) John Elway never attempted 50 times in his last 3 years.

I guess some have noticed that I am a Brian Griese fan. You bet! But then, I pay attention to what ALL of the players are doing in the games. Laying the blame for the losses on Brian was way beyond despicable.

It may look bad to some of you that I would switch from a Bronco fan to a Brian fan. Little background. I never sat down and watched a game until the SB with SF. I was far from home and bored. Knew nothing about Football, but the announcers kept saying how bad the calls were against Denver. I was really impressed with John Elway during that game. They lost of course but I was hooked.

Since that game, I have watched all the games I could get. Have most of the Bronco Ws on tape and have watched each several times. In that time, no team has done to their QB what Denver did to Brian last year. I am a definately a Brian Griese fan and darn proud of it. Had you watched each of those games as many times as I have, you would realize just how unjust the treatment of him was. I can't be a fan of a team that would do what they did to a player who so very clearly did NOT deserve such treatment.

Wow, becky, that was pretty deep !! ;) But as you well know, there is alot of opinions abounding that if you are "not for" a particular player, then you must be against him, regardless idf one thinks that another player gives us a better chance of winning. OK, cut thru the chaff now, Jay and Brian, I feel Brian gives us that better chance simply because he throws much better and he's shown that's he's better there in only two games. since that's what a QB is supposed to be able to do, brian's my guy. Not to mean that i'm against jay as he can do some things better, ie mobility, but that not what we want the QB to do. if he can, that's great also, but not at the expense of the passing game tho.
I've seen some of Griese's games before. Directv makes it easy and i'm of the opinion that most of his problems there were personal, not athletic !! ;)

Originally posted by DeDolfan

Not to mean that i'm against jay as he can do some things better, ie mobility,
that is why i think jay is the better QB for this system. brian has the better arm but because of the line play, he can't use it!

notice the "because in my post";)

Wow!

Originally posted by dolfan06
actually j4, i didn't think i needed to spell it out since we were discussing wins and losses, but i guess you have to take some people to the library.

That finally dawned on you? WHAT has that to do with your lame statement and the subsequent spin? BTW, I have been to many Libraries. You obviously haven't.

>>>btw, have you ever played football, or coached football or have you just watched it on tv. i have done all three and it seems like you are lacking in several areas!<<<

I'm not the one defending a QB with the sole positive that "He lived near me". I repeat, at present Jay cannot run either. :confused:

>>>and since we are talking about phrases that are not cool, this is one of the worst(or best, depending on whice side of the 50 you stand):&quot;&quot;I told you so&quot;, and are doing it.&quot; touche!

Wow! What an amazing quote. Did you come up with that all by yourself? I would ask you what it is you "told me", but really don't want to strain your thought processes any further. :D :lol:

Besides, I would rather talk about Brian, even though "I grew up many many miles from him". :D Silly me. I didn't know that was a requisite in judging a QB.

Since you refuse to answer anyone with anything even remotely resembling a valid reason for your fixation with Jay, and INABILITY to see the positives with Brian, I really have to question your claim on your involvement with football, or if true, your effectiveness.

It is obvious that I can't talk Football at your level. Frankly, I really wouldn't care to. Have a nice day, but thank you for not using your potty mouth when replying to me. All sarcasm aside, I really did appreciate that.

Wow!

I would ask you what it is you &quot;told me&quot;, .
since some of you people can't seem to remember what you posted, let me refer you to you post, 3 posts earlier. the question i have for you is what did you tell us.

and since you like to make stuff up, show me the post where i said you had to live close to the player in question to make an evaluation. since you can't let me say have a nice day now! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom