Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ?

LOL. Well good for you. Pardon me for failing to be a paranoid simpleton who believes they have to express frothing hatred toward the Jets to fit in around here.

The Jets have been my second favorite team since early 1969, when I attended the Jets/Colts Super Bowl as a kid. Believe it or not the entire city of Miami rooted for the Jets in that game. There was immense AFL pride. It felt like everybody won. Prior to that game we were technically a pro football team but it really didn't feel that way. The AFL was the second class upstart league that had been pushed around in the first two Super Bowls.

There was celebration in school in Miami after the Jets victory. I was in elementary school. Everybody was pretending to be Joe Namath during physical education. The appreciation for the Jets lasted many years. Heck, I remember when Al Woodall won a huge game as road underdog when Namath was hurt. The following week all the kids wanted to be Al Woodall.

The Colts were our hated rivals in those days. I still have no idea when it turned toward the Jets. Must have been when I was away at college. Regardless, I'm not going to apologize for embracing my roots and not happy adjusting my preferences. I'm still a bigger fan of the Canes even though I'm a USC alum.

BTW, I also don't care for stupid abbreviations like Fins or Phins. Those didn't exist in the early days and shouldn't exist today. Kudos to John Congemi for always saying Miami Dolphins in full.

I seem to remember mentioning that I like the Jets at least a dozen times on this site. Maybe you were asleep or happy adjusting something.

Cool story. Go Fins.

Right now I don't want either. I think Geno is close to his ceiling already. He does throw some nice passes but can be quite reckless too often. Ryan has regressed big time. It is one thing to stall because a new offense is installed but the way he regressed, my goodness.

Geno did improve from last year. But so did Tannehill from year 1 to 2. But neither has franchise QB material. And that has nothing to with Geno being a Jet. The Jets may give Geno another year depending on his progress this year but they will join us no later than in a couple of years looking for another franchise QB.

The one I thought would be the weakest in our division is probably the best of the three newcomers at this point: EJ Manuel

This year is basically just an extension of his first year since he only played in 10 games last year. But if I compare all three EJ is leaps and bounds above Tannehill and Smith. He is not a flashy QB but plays very smart. He stays within his limitations yet confident in his abilities. I don't know how far EJ can go and if he is the solution to the Bills QB misery but at this point he looks much more promising than Geno or Ryan at any point in their young NFL careers.

I still would not want him.

BWAHAHAHA...Bring back the buttfumble:lol2:

Geno had a typical Ryan Tannehill type game... a little over 6 yards/attempt, a TD mixed in with a few fumbles/INT's, a QB rating of just below 70, and a big "L" in the loss column. Let's do this every week....

sure...let's...teams have figured out the jets tendencies and there's not a damn thing that qb can do about it...the oc doesnt trust that qb at all...

You have a 23 year old with about 20 starts under his belt going up against the #1 defense in the NFL, versus a 26 year old with 36 starts under his belt going up against the worst team in the league that lines up one DB against a bunch formation with 3 WR's that's lost 10 in a row going to London. That was the difference this weekend.

is that the FINAL WORD...:lol: or is there room for a happy adjustment down the road on it

too funny best d in football talk...2 elite dts for sure lost their best lb for the year last week in tulloch secondary still as suspect as it ever has been...sounds like excuses to me...not saying we will fare well when we play them with those 2 dts but our oc trust the qb...the jets are scared to death he will screw it up and for good reason

no excuses fro Geno, there were plays to be made yesterday and he failed. It wasn't all on him but he wasn't very good most of the game. He has regressed since that 21-3 lead in lambeau 2 weeks ago.

hes played awful pretty much all year...the opener he had 2 turnovers both on him...horrible the 2nd half vs the pack...awful on mnf and yesterdays horrible showing...they will pull him soon but it wont matter unless thers some time machine mike vick in waiting...and i know there's not

Again, just using statistical facts. Detroit is #1 in the NFL in total defense. "Best defense in football" isn't what was said. You read about as well as Ryan Tannehill reads defenses.

You know what the final word is. It's the same as it was when Miami drafted him. He's an average game manager with the same flaws I pointed out 2 years ago coming out of Texas A&M. They're still the same... down to as fine a detail as you're willing to go.

The OC would trust you to play quarterback against the Raiders. Much less Tom Brady with legs...

It's hilarious to watch NFL fans overreact every week. Jets fans will be screaming for Mike Vick so he can go out there and turn the football over for a few games like he always does until he gets hurt.... like he always does.

Although Rex might need to threaten to bench Geno like Philbin did Tannehill to see how he responds. It can get you by for a week or so.

Back
Top Bottom