Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Geno Smith passed R. Tannehill ?

It's hilarious to watch NFL fans overreact every week. Jets fans will be screaming for Mike Vick so he can go out there and turn the football over for a few games like he always does until he gets hurt.... like he always does.

Although Rex might need to threaten to bench Geno like Philbin did Tannehill to see how he responds. It can get you by for a week or so.

you mean like you and tanneballs overreacted the last 2 weeks....such a damn hypocrite...

hes played awful pretty much all year...the opener he had 2 turnovers both on him...horrible the 2nd half vs the pack...awful on mnf and yesterdays horrible showing...they will pull him soon but it wont matter unless thers some time machine mike vick in waiting...and i know there's not

he was good against Oak, had one INT, the fumble his knee was down.

great 1st half at GB, terrible second half BUt did tie it up before blown call

up and down vs. Chi, did lead team down field for tying TD and obvious PI wasn't called

yesterday was up and down again.

he's been mediocre overall.
't

you mean like you and tanneballs overreacted the last 2 weeks....such a damn hypocrite...

I haven't overreacted to anything. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other about any of it. I may have needled you a little bit just on account of some of the outlandish things you say, but my assessment of Tannehill has never changed. He's not as bad as people think, or as good as people think. He's an average game manager with serious flaws that prevent him from being a top quarterback. That's never changed from my point of view. I just call it like I see it. Good kid though.

Even on his career days like yesterday against bad teams he can't avoid turning the football over at least once. But he's capable of having those type games against bad teams. He'll struggle against the better defenses. Simple as that.

You should be happy that he pulled you back even at .500. Because that's what he is, a .500 quarterback.

I haven't overreacted to anything. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other about any of it. I may have needled you a little bit just on account of some of the outlandish things you say, but my assessment of Tannehill has never changed. He's not as bad as people think, or as good as people think. He's an average game manager with serious flaws that prevent him from being a top quarterback. That's never changed from my point of view. I just call it like I see it. Good kid though.

Even on his career days like yesterday against bad teams he can't avoid turning the football over at least once. But he's capable of having those type games against bad teams. He'll struggle against the better defenses. Simple as that.

You should be happy that he pulled you back even at .500. Because that's what he is, a .500 quarterback.

no ones said more outlandish things than you...where's those FINAL WORDS anyways??? yeah sure i made a bold statement about this qb his rookie year and maybe 4 weeks in was too early to do so but i call em like i see em...and i stick with it til proven otherwise...

He's passed Ryan Tannehill in the number of f-bombs he's directed at his own fans after a backbreaking loss.

He's passed Ryan Tannehill in the number of f-bombs he's directed at his own fans after a backbreaking loss.
This is a huge difference between the two. Tannehill is far more mature now and when he was a 23 year old rokie than what Smith has shown. Firing your agent for your own free fall on draft day and spewing obscenities at a fan. Guy needs to grow up.

You have a 23 year old with about 20 starts under his belt going up against the #1 defense in the NFL, versus a 26 year old with 36 starts under his belt going up against the worst team in the league that lines up one DB against a bunch formation with 3 WR's that's lost 10 in a row going to London. That was the difference this weekend.

Oakland had the 5th best pass defense coming into the game. The offense stinks b/c their weapons are **** but the defense was pretty good.

Oakland had the 5th best pass defense coming into the game. The offense stinks b/c their weapons are **** but the defense was pretty good.
I believe it was fourth prior to yesterday's game but your point is loud and clear.

I believe it was fourth prior to yesterday's game but your point is loud and clear.

Gotcha. I figured it was one of the two. Someone else has brought up that Oakland had faced juggernauts like the Jets, Houston, and NE before the game vs. Miami. While true it doesn't negate the fact that Oakland's pass defense was top notch.

You can't be serious. Using the interception against him? That's low.

The thing that will always blow me away about Geno was when they won against the Bucs on a failed 4th down conversion because of a bonehead personal foul (thanks Schiano!) and Geno is there striking the Cristo Redentor pose on the sideline.

Seriously, dude?

You folks can't be serious with this. Oakland's pass defense was only top 5 in terms of yardage given up because teams are running for nearly 160 yards/game against them.

Passing yardage given up in that scenario is irrelevant. They're allowing QB's to average a 106 QB rating against their pass defense. In other words, they're allowing QB's to look like elite pro bowlers in terms of rating on average no matter who they are.

Back
Top Bottom