Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round

Don’t forget, Murray has an NFL arm, tua does not. Murray is a world class athlete, tua is not. Murray is waaaay better than advertised, tua is not.

the only thing I’ve seen tua do well is red zone offense. Absolutely fantastic inside the 20. Garbage everywhere else and can’t throw to all areas of the field.

How did Murray look when he started his career?

Game 1-
29/54...308yrds...2 TDs/1 INT...75.2

Game 2-
25/40...349...0 TDs/ 0 INT....90.5

Game 3-
30/43...173...2TDs/2 INTs....73.1

Game 4-
22/32...241...0 TDs/0 INTs...77.7

But wait, that's unfair, Tua got to sit and learn for 6 games (Even though Murray had a Pre-Season that Tua didn't, for argument sake, lets see how Kyler did games 7,8,9, and 10)

Game 7-
14/21...104...0 TDs/0 INTs...78.3

Game 8-
19/33...220...0 TDs/0 INTs...77.8

Game 9-
17/24...241...2 TDs/0 INTs...130.7

Game 10-
27/44...324...3 TDs/1 INTs...97.2

As you can see, even after 8 games, Kyler was still being asked to sling it all over the place and still not looking like todays Kyler Murray until game 9.

Don't get me wrong, not saying you're wrong or right, just that Tua is being brought along slowly, being asked to do only as much as he needs to, to win games, and this past week was the 1st game he was not able to do enough to help his team...Give him time to either succeed or fail, before making him out to be a bust.

Last edited:
Tua's been mediocre at best, but you have to give him at least this year and next. If he's still not viable, then you look at a Sam Howell in 2022.
You can look at any QB you want, but having the draft capital is another matter.

We have it now, and to not consider all factors is shortsighted.

It is definitely too early to make knee jerk decisions, but never too early to consider possibilities.

You can look at any QB you want, but having the draft capital is another matter.

We have it now, and to not consider all factors is shortsighted.

It is definitely too early to make knee jerk decisions, but never too early to consider possibilities.
I think we need to consider a middle round QB. We can easily afford that. ...and there would be no QB controversy with a middle round guy.

I think we need to consider a middle round QB. We can easily afford that. ...and there would be no QB controversy with a middle round guy.
You can have a 6. We have too many holes to fill and we all know that our 5 is our magic number for luck.

Back
Top Bottom