Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round

Here was our last mini qb experiment and we all know how that went, wasn't he really respected for his accuracy too.

View attachment 59236
No completely different. White was known for his running. As soon as Tua completed one pass he passed white statistically. White was drafted as a wildcat luxury and not a future starter.

No completely different. White was known for his running. As soon as Tua completed one pass he passed white statistically. White was drafted as a wildcat luxury and not a future starter.
Second in completion percentage in WVU history by completing 64.6% of his passes. He was extremely accurate.

Tua's been mediocre at best, but you have to give him at least this year and next. If he's still not viable, then you look at a Sam Howell in 2022.
This is what I keep saying. Give him the rest of this year. A full offseason and then another full season. We are too impatient nowadays. I'm not saying give him 7 years but I feel you have to give a rookie qb until year 3.

I took a lot of heat on this forum prior to the draft when I questioned if Tua would be a good NFL QB. I was worried about his numerous injuries at Alabama, especially his hip surgery. I also pointed out at the time that he had several mediocre games at QB against the better defenses he played against in college. At the time I questioned if he would be the great QB many on here thought he would be.

Yet the Dolphins drafted Tua and I am certainly not going to judge whether he is going to be a top tier QB in the NFL after 4 games. He is playing with basically mediocre or worse talent at many positions on the offensive unit. Until he has at least an average OL and some quality WR’s besides Parker, there is no way to determine his effectiveness in the future. He also has no running game and therefore opposing defenses don’t have to worry about defending the run,

I also stated before the draft that I had no problem if the Dolphins drafted Herbert instead of Tua. Again at this stage of their careers I have no idea which of them will turn out to be the better NFL QB. I have no desire to see the Dolphins use a high draft pick on a QB in the 2021 draft. If by the end of the 2021 season the coaches and front office feel Tua is not the answer at the QB position, they can always draft a QB in 2022. I just think it is too soon
to say that Tua will not have success as an NFL QB. Even though I wasn’t as high on him as many people on here prior to the draft. I think it is absurd some people have already determined he will be a bust after only 4 starts in the NFL. I prefer to see how he plays once he has more time as a starting QB and hopefully with better talent around him.

Second in completion percentage in WVU history by completing 64.6% of his passes. He was extremely accurate.
Ok but he was the best rushing QB In College football history at the time, the biggest question mark coming into the NFL was his size and throwing ability and he only went over 200 yards passing 3 times in his final year of college. I think this is apples to oranges. White was drafted as a wildcat piece, not the QB of the future. Many scouting reports had him converting to WR or RB and stated he couldn’t go through progressions. I’ll give you the 64% but nothing else about Pat White sounds like Tua. Final word was LATE ROUND PICK, with chance to develop.

This is what I keep saying. Give him the rest of this year. A full offseason and then another full season. We are too impatient nowadays. I'm not saying give him 7 years but I feel you have to give a rookie qb until year 3.
At least...

Back
Top Bottom