Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round

Huh? If they determine Tua isn't the answer and you see a talent you believe can be...it's not worth it to move up?
Apparently you don't watch Fields play. Do me a favor and go watch his last game film. Let me know what you think about that selection. It's amazing to hear people talk like this after 4 games. Amazing isn't even the right word. Stupifying is a little closer.

Apparently you don't watch Fields play. Do me a favor and go watch his last game film. Let me know what you think about that selection. It's amazing to hear people talk like this after 4 games. Amazing isn't even the right word. Stupifying is a little closer.
I actually just watched his highlights from the Indiana game lol, but thanks.

I don’t see how fields doesn’t go top 5 which is good for us. He’s gonna test well and he’s got an arm and a frame.

let the skill/impact defenders fall to us

I agree, I hated the pick since day one, I like prototype NFL passers which he is not at all. Wait until those baby hands try to grip a ball up here in the North East in December, literally a frozen Rock. They better start putting balls in the cooler and letting him practice with those.
You obviously don’t bother to check your facts before posting. Because Tua‘s hands were measured at nine and seven/eight at the combine. This was only one/eight inch smaller than Herbert and seven/eight inches larger than Burrow. He actually has large hands in comparison to most QB‘s in the NFL.

Perhaps in the future you can check the facts before posting.

Houston’s pick won’t be in range for the top QB prospects. That being said I don’t really have a problem with the OP. You look to upgrade any chance you get. I’m rooting for Tua but I’m not a member of the cult and I don’t care if I’m correct on my QB evaluation or not.
My poin
He missed some big ones. One he had Parker for a big play on busted coverage and took a sack. He's supposed to be able to see all this
Exactly

You obviously don’t bother to check your facts before posting. Because Tua‘s hands were measured at nine and seven/eight at the combine. This was only one/eight inch smaller than Herbert and seven/eight inches larger than Burrow. He actually has large hands in comparison to most QB‘s in the NFL.

Perhaps in the future you can check the facts before posting.
Awesome, you are a fact checking machine. LOL it was a joke... My point is that he is a small QB, which is a fact, also, can the kid play in cold weather. Geesh, take it easy Francis!

Tua has lost very few games as a starter. Very very few. As a kid in Hawaii, he used to dominate. His father allegedly used to take off his belt and wack him hard and humiliate him for any interception. The net effect is that Tua learned and became a very accurate passer who is risk averse to throwing interceptions. As such he is the complete opposite of Jameis Winston who is never afraid to go for anything.
I think that Tua can learn a lot from the Denver game. Fitz was inserted in an attempt to fire up the offense and he almost brought the team back in the final minute. The ball got intercepted but the learning for Tua was that Fitz wasn't afraid to have a go and the team seemed to respond to the challenge. This was not a time to be risk averse, the objective was just to win. Think of the Denver game as a terrific learning opportunity. Let's see how Tua now responds to it. He remains a very talented young QB.
The voice of reason, as always. Hope you’re well, man.

Tell you what, after week 17, come back and make that statement that Miami needs to use a very valuable 1st round pick on another QB.

In the mean time, lets actually wait till week 17, and see where Tua is then...Lets see if you will feel the need to again hope we go QB.
I can agree to that and hope i am proven wrong

Awesome, you are a fact checking machine. LOL it was a joke... My point is that he is a small QB, which is a fact, also, can the kid play in cold weather. Geesh, take it easy Francis!
Murray, Brees, Wilson, and Mayfield are all small in comparison to most NFL QB’s and that hasn’t prevented them from having success in the NFL. In fact the vast majority of QB’s who have been busts in the NFL are those QB’s who were suppose to have prototypical NFL measurements for NFL QB’s.

Murray, Brees, Wilson, and Mayfield are all small in comparison to most NFL QB’s and that hasn’t prevented them from having success in the NFL. In fact the vast majority of QB’s who have been busts in the NFL are those QB’s who were suppose to have prototypical NFL measurements for NFL QB’s.
Just to play devils advocate, Murray and Mayfield haven't accomplished anything yet in their short careers, and Brees was drafted almost 2 decades ago.

Those examples aren't really a very strong arguement.

That leaves you with Wilson. A bit of an outlier.

Not saying smallish guys are doomed to failure, just pointing out the flaw in that postulate.

Oh no! Don’t attack lord tua!

facts, he’s looked like garbage while Herbert, the guy we should have drafted, looks amazing. The defense has carried us.

I’ll also note, fitztragic is total garbage and I’d rather they not have benched tua.

Back
Top Bottom