Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round

This thread should be deleted

Tua just doesn't seem like a viable starting qb going foward. We need to start looking into next years draft. There are quite a few intriguing prospects in the next draft. With Houston pick we should be in range for one.

Go on. Admit it. You don't "hate to say it", your glad to say it.

I wasn't a fan of the Tua pick, but that was based on my concerns about his recovery from injury. I didn't have favorites for a new QB, but I did have some preferences.

Now Tua is here and he looks pretty solid to me.

He will need some coaching over the next two years to really begin to show whither or not he will turn out a winner. I'm personally looking forward to watching him grow and develop with the team.

4 games and he has 6TDS and 0 INTs with a 100 passer rating and this is the reaction after his first real shaky start lmao.

I blame hot take sports culture for this Nonsense. It makes people absolutely stupid with the knee jerk reactions from game to game. Some of you are mental.

Tua just doesn't seem like a viable starting qb going foward. We need to start looking into next years draft. There are quite a few intriguing prospects in the next draft. With Houston pick we should be in range for one.
If Herbert wasnt doing this well no one would be saying this about Tua.

Any time you bench your top 5 pick qb 4 games into his starting career for any reason it’s not good.

there’s no bow to put on it
I agree, I hated the pick since day one, I like prototype NFL passers which he is not at all. Wait until those baby hands try to grip a ball up here in the North East in December, literally a frozen Rock. They better start putting balls in the cooler and letting him practice with those.

If Herbert wasnt doing this well no one would be saying this about Tua.
It does look bad that Herbert is looking like the number 1 pick people thought he could be the year before.

Tua has to play at a fairly high level for the remainder of the season, b/c if he doesn't the questions will be coming in fast heading into the draft.

Any time you bench your top 5 pick qb 4 games into his starting career for any reason it’s not good.

there’s no bow to put on it
If you're the Bengals or Chargers with 1 or 2 wins I agree. Different set of circumstances at 6-3 and a chance at tying for the division lead with a win

I agree, I hated the pick since day one, I like prototype NFL passers which he is not at all. Wait until those baby hands try to grip a ball up here in the North East in December, literally a frozen Rock. They better start putting balls in the cooler and letting him practice with those.
What baby hands? Tua's hands measured bigger than Herbert's...

I’m a tua guy first and foremost. But name me a top 5 pick that was benched four games into his starting career for any reason? Let alone for a 37 year old jag that the team even knows isn’t good enough thus he was benched himself.

and look I do understand that there was a set of reasons that made sense given the way that game was going but there still isn’t any positive take aways to be had from it

Go on. Admit it. You don't "hate to say it", your glad to say it.

I wasn't a fan of the Tua pick, but that was based on my concerns about his recovery from injury. I didn't have favorites for a new QB, but I did have some preferences.

Now Tua is here and he looks pretty solid to me.

He will need some coaching over the next two years to really begin to show whither or not he will turn out a winner. I'm personally looking forward to watching him grow and develop with the team.
I do hate to say it. I expect more from a supposedly generational type of talent. To me he just looks like a guy. Maybe that will change in time but we don't have the luxury of time.

Baby hands? His left hand is 10 inches and the ideal hand size for a QB, bigger than most QBs, where you getting “baby hands” from?

We haven’t seen generational talent yet. I’m not gonna lie to y’all

we haven’t seen it. We haven’t even seen the all fields accuracy that was his calling card in college

he never overthrew guys deep. Doesn’t mean it’s not coming.

we got a glimpse in the zona game of what he’s capable of.

but I will start getting worried when the oline play is solid in his snaps and he’s not getting the job done. On Sunday while tua was in there the line play was far far from solid.

Ultimately, if the Dolphins have the opportunity to move up to get a Justin Fields the questions will be asked IF Tua doesn't perform to expectations the remainder of the season.

Jets next week is a very big game for Tua to showcase his skills. If he doesn't, I will be concerned.

Back
Top Bottom