Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round

So we should have drafted Herbert? So we drafted the wrong guy, hence looking into next years draft
Herbert is a guy who in college put up numbers and didn't win. In the pros he's put up numbers but hasn't won. He has a question mark as big as Tua when it comes to be if he can win.

His raw passing numbers are beyond exceptional for a young qb. I can't mention young qb numbers production and just gloss over his numbers.

What happened to this great fan forum us fans once had? These threads are absolutely ridiculous

Tua just doesn't seem like a viable starting qb going foward. We need to start looking into next years draft. There are quite a few intriguing prospects in the next draft. With Houston pick we should be in range for one.
You obviously just like to start threads to see how much of a reaction you will get for making foolish comments. Because it is fairly obvious you know nothing about football. Because if you did you certainly wouldn’t make an assessment of Tua after he made only his fourth start in the NFL.

While he certainly has a lot of room for improvement. The fact he is playing behind a struggling offensive line and has onlt one decent WR and little or no running game seems to totally escape you. The Dolphins need to upgrade their skill position players and continue to upgrade the offensive line in the 2021 draft. The last thing they need to do is draft another QB in the draft.

To me there is only one decent QB in the 2021 draft and that is Lawrence. The Dolphins have zero chance of drafting him. The rest of the QB’s in the draft appear to be huge draft risks and it won’t surprise me if the only long term starter in the entire group of QB’s ends up being Lawrence.

Fields had three interceptions against Indiana this past Saturday and watching the game, I was not impressed at all with him. The rest of the college QB’s projected in the first round all seem to be no better than backups on NFL rosters. Personally other than Lawrence, I don’t see a single QB in the next draft I would take over Tua.

You obviously just like to start threads to see how much of a reaction you will get for making foolish comments. Because it is fairly obvious you know nothing about football. Because if you did you certainly wouldn’t make an assessment of Tua after he made only his fourth start in the NFL.

While he certainly has a lot of room for improvement. The fact he is playing behind a struggling offensive line and has onlt one decent WR and little or no running game seems to totally escape you. The Dolphins need to upgrade their skill position players and continue to upgrade the offensive line in the 2021 draft. The last thing they need to do is draft another QB in the draft.

To me there is only one decent QB in the 2021 draft and that is Lawrence. The Dolphins have zero chance of drafting him. The rest of the QB’s in the draft appear to be huge draft risks and it won’t surprise me if the only long term starter in the entire group of QB’s ends up being Lawrence.

Fields had three interceptions against Indiana this past Saturday and watching the game, I was not impressed at all with him. The rest of the college QB’s projected in the first round all seem to be no better than backups on NFL rosters. Personally other than Lawrence, I don’t see a single QB in the next draft I would take over Tua.
Given a choice between Fields and the two at Florida and BYU, I might go there for a second QB (assuming that one of them falls to the third round or later).

Pittsburgh will trade their number one pick and number 2 pick for TUA if you want to trade him and pick another qb

Not sure why you are so upset. In the games he has played, he hasn't shown anything that would indicate that he is the long term answer at qb. Any qb of the scrap heap could have done what he has done so far. Nothing wrong with having a back up plan if he keeps playing like he has been

Cardinals moved on from Rosen after 1 year.

Why is this such a crazy thought?

You should hope that Flo has the balls to move on from a player (regardless of where he was selected), if he doesn’t think he has it.

I'm not against drafting a QB early in 2022 but for next season we need to get some talented playmakers for Tua as well as improving our Linebacking corp's and Dline.. I hate how teams just run us to death successfully every game.

If I were G.M. though i would absolutely draft a young QB to develop behind our starter, In the event he wen't down we wouldn't have to shuffle like that year we had to go out and get washed up Jay Cutler but instead you'd have a young signal caller with potential to win and keep improving if the starter goes down. There is also nothing as valuable as a good QB asset to flip into draft picks so analytically it is the smart way to spend.

I absolutely believe in Tua though so i'm not in anyway expecting any QB we draft to take his job

Yes. He was surrounded by first rounders at Alabama. They made him look better than he is
That was one of my arguments before the draft, so I see from where you're coming. However, once the fifth pick in the draft is used on a guy, you have to give him at least a couple years.

Reactions: Zeb
I’ll preface this by saying I am a Tua supporter and think he’ll bounce back.

However... IF Tua plays the remaining games of the season the way he did this past Sunday and we’re in a position to draft a good QB in 2021, I wouldn’t be opposed to it. Have him battle it out in camp with the new QB and trade the “loser”.

I think that is what would be best for the franchise... just look at what the Cardinals did with Rosen.

Again, this is not what I believe will happen, but it’s a scenario we have to consider if he puts up stinker after stinker for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom