Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hate to say it, we need to draft a qb in the first round

I’m a tua guy first and foremost. But name me a top 5 pick that was benched four games into his starting career for any reason? Let alone for a 37 year old jag that the team even knows isn’t good enough thus he was benched himself.

and look I do understand that there was a set of reasons that made sense given the way that game was going but there still isn’t any positive take aways to be had from it
In hindsight you're right. But if Fitz doesnt do what he has so often done in big moments we're looking at this in a different light.

Houston’s pick won’t be in range for the top QB prospects. That being said I don’t really have a problem with the OP. You look to upgrade any chance you get. I’m rooting for Tua but I’m not a member of the cult and I don’t care if I’m correct on my QB evaluation or not.

Ultimately, if the Dolphins have the opportunity to move up to get a Justin Fields the questions will be asked IF Tua doesn't perform to expectations the remainder of the season.

Jets next week is a very big game for Tua to showcase his skills. If he doesn't, I will be concerned.
How do you know how good Justin Fields will be?

In hindsight you're right. But if Fitz doesnt do what he has so often done in big moments we're looking at this in a different light.

why because he wins the game? Fitz is what he is. What his career has been defined as. It’s not gonna change in a 37 year old package.

he’s earned his reputation. And like I’ve been saying for a long time now it’s not good enough.

so don’t waste time with it.

imo it’s a no brainer to go back to tua but you know tuas gonna have to show more too. Right now it’s not good enough regardless of who the qb is

Ultimately, if the Dolphins have the opportunity to move up to get a Justin Fields the questions will be asked IF Tua doesn't perform to expectations the remainder of the season.

Jets next week is a very big game for Tua to showcase his skills. If he doesn't, I will be concerned.
Are you out of your mind? Move UP for Fields?!

This thread should be deleted
Why?

Because you disagree?

I believe there is a "Tua is god", echo chamber thread here if you prefer that type of forum.

That's not a comment on my stance about the OP. Just my stance on free speech.

He’s a rookie Show me a rookie that doesn’t have a bad game. Knee jerk reaction lol

I’m not worried about it too much. Flo will do what is best for the team. Flo isn’t babysitting a baby arm QB, the benching should be a wake up call to Tua. Fitz comes in against the same defense and bad Tua look like he doesn’t belong. If Tua doesn’t start to produce we’ll be drafting another QB. But the problem is who! There is no trading up for Trevor or Fields. The Jets and Jags need a QB in the worst way, they aren’t trading. I’m taking the best WR with our 1A and maybe 1B or 2A taking a QB.

How do you know how good Justin Fields will be?
No one "knows". What you can do is watch his film an analyze his skillset.

In the small amount I've seen, he's very athletic and a quick runner. Seems to have good arm strength, but also has ages to make decisions in the pocket, so it's hard for me to assess his overall ability as a passer.

Also how can you judge Tua when you look at our WRs lol get him weapons and watch him do work

Tua has lost very few games as a starter. Very very few. As a kid in Hawaii, he used to dominate. His father allegedly used to take off his belt and wack him hard and humiliate him for any interception. The net effect is that Tua learned and became a very accurate passer who is risk averse to throwing interceptions. As such he is the complete opposite of Jameis Winston who is never afraid to go for anything.
I think that Tua can learn a lot from the Denver game. Fitz was inserted in an attempt to fire up the offense and he almost brought the team back in the final minute. The ball got intercepted but the learning for Tua was that Fitz wasn't afraid to have a go and the team seemed to respond to the challenge. This was not a time to be risk averse, the objective was just to win. Think of the Denver game as a terrific learning opportunity. Let's see how Tua now responds to it. He remains a very talented young QB.

Tua just doesn't seem like a viable starting qb going foward. We need to start looking into next years draft. There are quite a few intriguing prospects in the next draft. With Houston pick we should be in range for one.

Tell you what, after week 17, come back and make that statement that Miami needs to use a very valuable 1st round pick on another QB.

In the mean time, lets actually wait till week 17, and see where Tua is then...Lets see if you will feel the need to again hope we go QB.

That was an oline problem more than it was any weapons problem sunday. But the weapons isn’t far behind it appears.

No doubt. Losing Preston has hurt our iso vertical game. Big target big catch radius. At least gave us that

Back
Top Bottom