Head Coach Tracker | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

Richards and Flores should get a shot at DC not straight to HC!

Rizzi should be our HC.
Hire Richards as DC
Hire someone with experience for OC

Richards and Flores should get a shot at DC not straight to HC!

Rizzi should be our HC.
Hire Richards as DC
Hire someone with experience for OC

Richard has been a DC / de facto DC for 4 seasons and led good defenses. He is experienced enough to get a legitimate shot at being a head coach based on what he's accomplished.

Flores is the guy whose resume is very thin, in my opinion.

This would be an incredible step towards tanking. I can only see this as either A) an attempt to block Adam Gase from adding another member of the staff with knowledge and insight into the Dolphins, B) an incredibly bad plan "B" which is more like a plan D, or C) the clearest signal yet that Ross and Grier are dead-set on tanking.

Wow, wish I could say the idea appealed to me, but it makes my skin crawl. Sure, giving Rizzi a chance is very risky, but Loggains is pure tanking commitment, and it nauseates me. Hey, I want to tank, but I just can't stomach committing to a known and proven bad coach, especially one who rode the coattails of our previous coach.

This would be an incredible step towards tanking. I can only see this as either A) an attempt to block Adam Gase from adding another member of the staff with knowledge and insight into the Dolphins, B) an incredibly bad plan "B" which is more like a plan D, or C) the clearest signal yet that Ross and Grier are dead-set on tanking.

Wow, wish I could say the idea appealed to me, but it makes my skin crawl. Sure, giving Rizzi a chance is very risky, but Loggains is pure tanking commitment, and it nauseates me. Hey, I want to tank, but I just can't stomach committing to a known and proven bad coach, especially one who rode the coattails of our previous coach.
If this isn't an attempt to block Gase then the only rational motive I can come up with is Richard has told them he is staying put and it's time for plan D-Z.

Hiring Loggains would be proof positive that team do tank openly.

Honestly, I’d rather Ross coach the team.

If this isn't an attempt to block Gase then the only rational motive I can come up with is Richard has told them he is staying put and it's time for plan D-Z.
It wouldn't be surprising, and it wouldn't be the first time the Dolphins had been turned down from a front office candidate that was not in demand. But yeah, Dowell Loggains just doesn't seem to have much upside whatsoever. I'd so much rather have gone with simply giving someone an interim head coach tag.

What time was Rizzi's interview, in comparison to what time they announced Loggains being interviewed? Just curious if Rizzi would want to retain him if he was the guy hired and if that was the reasoning behind the interview. I was just speculating because other than that or holding off the Jets from interviewing, that's the only two reasonable arguments that I can see.

The loggains interview just might be a favor for an agent or something like that... Like Wanny said the other day, this looks good on a coach's resume...

The loggains interview just might be a favor for an agent or something like that... Like Wanny said the other day, this looks good on a coach's resume...
It may look good but they may be doing Loggains a disservice if Gase decides he can't wait and hires another OC. Loggains may be out of work or have to find a lesser job because of this interview.

It may look good but they may be doing Loggains a disservice if Gase decides he can't wait and hires another OC. Loggains may be out of work or have to find a lesser job because of this interview.
In this scenario, I think its something they would have discussed in advance. Tbh here, Im just trying to find reasons that would explain this interview outside it being a legit and serious consideration... In other words, Im throwing ALOT of **** at the wall and I really really really hope some of it ends up sticking...

Back
Top Bottom