Head Coach Tracker | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

With Loggains getting an interview that could mean one of two things. Either Rizzi is getting the job and Loggains will be the OC or they are just killing time. Maybe both Richard and Flores decided they didn’t want to take the job.

The only way this turns out positive if they get Richard. Otherwise any other coach is a downgrade from Gase no matter how much people hate him or his attitude. So dolphins.

What time was Rizzi's interview, in comparison to what time they announced Loggains being interviewed? Just curious if Rizzi would want to retain him if he was the guy hired and if that was the reasoning behind the interview. I was just speculating because other than that or holding off the Jets from interviewing, that's the only two reasonable arguments that I can see.
While I hate the idea, I think that is sound logic.

With Loggains getting an interview that could mean one of two things. Either Rizzi is getting the job and Loggains will be the OC or they are just killing time. Maybe both Richard and Flores decided they didn’t want to take the job.
Sounds like they're killing all of us.

But what if neither Richard nor Flores was onboard with tanking and Rizzi gets it and just lied and said he would tank? Gives Rizzi a free year to build, if he wins, great, if he loses … it looks like he was trying to lose per the plan. If he's poor towards the end of the season, THEN he can tank for real. For a special teams coach unlikely to get a shot no matter how well he does, I can definitely see him taking that approach.

If the owner and upper management desire was to tank next year I think they would promote somebody from within and go with that without much thought involved. I find it hard to believe they're interviewing candidates, specifically some good candidates such as Richard and they're telling them they plan on taking next year in an interview. I don't believe that's how it's done and I don't think for a second that it's being done.

Sounds like they're killing all of us.

But what if neither Richard nor Flores was onboard with tanking and Rizzi gets it and just lied and said he would tank? Gives Rizzi a free year to build, if he wins, great, if he loses … it looks like he was trying to lose per the plan. If he's poor towards the end of the season, THEN he can tank for real. For a special teams coach unlikely to get a shot no matter how well he does, I can definitely see him taking that approach.
I think the longer this drags out there's more people to get in Richard and Flores heads telling them going to Miami would be a terrible decision.

Grier don't out smart ur self as gm. if unsure get vet coach. Mike Mccarthy is there

rizzi, flores, loggains, this team does not have to tank. They will lose plenty next year. It is going to be a long year especially because Gase will have success next year. Darnold will be going into his second year and the growth for a qb usually occurs during that time. They have 100 million in cap room and high draft pick.
My question is what would be considered success next year for Miami? winning one game or competing again for a wild card. I don't think we rationally can expect this team to be any good next year. I think having an outstanding draft and building a young d line and o-line that are up and coming. Winning games won't happen nor will it happen. I also would draft a qb this year and still draft another in 2020.

I think the longer this drags out there's more people to get in Richard and Flores heads telling them going to Miami would be a terrible decision.
Good point. In the Ross era, time has never helped our talent search.

UPDATED as of Jan 11th 12:30 AM

So let's keep count. We _think_ it is:

Team......……… Coach
Green Bay........ Matt LaFleur (Confirmed)
Tampa Bay....... Bruce Arians (Confirmed, with Todd Bowles rumored DC)
Arizona......……. Kliff Kingsbury (Confirmed)
Cleveland......… Kevin Stefanski (Confirmed)
Denver....……… Vic Fangio (Confirmed)
New York...…… Adam Gase (Confirmed, with Vance Joseph as his DC and Dowell Loggains as his OC)
Cincinnati...….. Zac Taylor (Confirmed … the old Philbin QB Coach)
Miami:

Zero NFC vacancies and one AFC vacancy.

Look at that Miami coaching tree spread out everywhere but Miami. LOL

So has both the Loggains and Rizzi interview concluded? Hopefully that’s the last I hear of those 2 prospective HCs.

Back
Top Bottom