Head Coach Tracker | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

Good job by the Cards snagging Kingsbury. He's going to turn Rosen into something good.

Is Richard in the running for any other coaching jobs? Can't recall him interviewing elsewhere. Would be nice to NOT have competition for once.

You just know Ross is going to crap the bed on this coaching search. We'll hire the coach Ross wants, NOT who Grier wants. We'll be the ones to suffer for years to come.

I don't believe you are correct on this one. I actually believe that Ross has taken his hands off of the controls and we are getting the coach that Grier wants. I think a lot of signs point to that. Here are some observatrions:

- We interviewed Eric Bienemy, a guy who has had some trouble with the law in the past and was part of a sexual assault scandal at Colorado. I do not think Ross would have put this guy on 'his' list.
- We are interviewing a guy who is rather inexperienced, but came up through New England's scouting department and is a Belichick protege. Chris Grier is a guy who started in scouting and whose father was a key guy in the New England organization's scouting department for many years. Grier is also a Parcells protege, and that's a very close family with the Belichick tree.
- Grier has stated that Pete Carroll has been a huge influence on him. Kris Richard is considered to be something of a Pete Carroll disciple.
- Dennis Allen was recommended by Jeff Ireland. Jeff Ireland is a Parcells Guy. Grier is a Parcells Guy.

So the Dolphins have interviewed four outside candidates. Two of them come recommended through the Parcells extended coaching family and one is in the Pete Carroll family. These are the two coaching families (and I wish I had a better word to use here) that Chris Grier is associated with. The fourth candidate is a man that I think Steve Ross is very unlikely to have selected as a finalist based on his colorful past and my knowledge of the way Ross is doing things. We have not had any other outside interviews that have been made public.

So, I think that Ross has taken a more hands off approach and has decided to let Grier run the show. Perhaps I am wrong, but that's the impression that I get from this coaching search.

Sure talking about the team is fine, but every time a head coach themed thread pops up there are a few who use it as an opportunity to crap on any move that is or isn't made by the phins FO. It gets tiring to read when I'm looking in a thread that hopefully has some good information rather then complaints about how we're not hiring anyone fast enough or we're going to be stuck with leftovers.

Crapping on the team makes us feel better, because the team has played like crap. It's cathartic. I know we are a bit rabid around here lately -- hell, I had a guy flip out on me because I said Dennis Allen was a dumpster fire head coach with the Raiders -- but I don't think it's too bad. There's good discussion in here with the ranting. And the ranting can be entertaining.

So that would leave Bengals, Jets and Dolphins...

I think the Jets end up with McCarthy or Gase. Bengals looked keyed in on coaches with prior connections like Vance Joseph and Hue Jackson. That leaves us to pick between the candidates we already showed interest in... either Flores or Richard.

Is Richard in the running for any other coaching jobs? Can't recall him interviewing elsewhere. Would be nice to NOT have competition for once.

He interviewed in Tampa and NYJ same day as us.

He interviewed for TB and Jets, but it doesn't look like either will pursue him seriously.

one has to wonder why all these other teams aren't pushing for Richard, Fangio or Bieniemy. Do they know something we don't?
Denver had Fangio in strong consideration. Bieniemy had a number of interviews including the Jets. And of course, GB I believe was the only team to interview LeFleur. Maybe Packers fans would feel better if we interviewed him also?

Crapping on the team makes us feel better, because the team has played like crap. It's cathartic. I know we are a bit rabid around here lately -- hell, I had a guy flip out on me because I said Dennis Allen was a dumpster fire head coach with the Raiders -- but I don't think it's too bad. There's good discussion in here with the ranting. And the ranting can be entertaining.

I feel like it's pointless to crap on the team now because this isn't the same team. Most of the coaches are gone and probably all will be gone. I'm ready to see what the next chapter brings, rather than reliving the misery of last year. Gase is gone, lets hope Ross finds lightning in a bottle for once and we can just look at these last years as a blessing of sorts.

Would loved to have Todd Munken OC of Tampa, the only one that has achieved a top 3 NFL offense without a top 20 QB, no top RB and with a good amount of injuries on the offense. Next I would have chosen Richard whom I think could thrive with more power, then Jim or John Harbaugh. Both going to the Superbowl without a top QB. But if none of them Is an options then I want Rizzi, just because he can be a one year gap filler until we have the 1st overall pick for 2020 and then a top coach can come here to draft his franchise QB and look good for the next decade.

Looks like LaFleur to GB is a done deal. Arians to Bucs a done deal.

Kingsbury to AZ almost done.

Kitchens to Cleveland close.

Munchak to Denver is already on wiki page. LOL

People in this thread looking at the above list: "Oh well, looks like we'll be dumpster diving again. Dolphins gonna Dolphin. Look at Ross, he's going to **** the bed on this."

Give me a ****ing break.

It's not like Chuck Noll went to the Jets, Bill Walsh went to the Browns, Vince Lombardi went to the Buccaneers, and we wanted all of them.

I feel like it's pointless to crap on the team now because this isn't the same team. Most of the coaches are gone and probably all will be gone. I'm ready to see what the next chapter brings, rather than reliving the misery of last year. Gase is gone, lets hope Ross finds lightning in a bottle for once and we can just look at these last years as a blessing of sorts.

I think Chris Grier being promoted to run the show after being a key cog in the machine for years of failure is an indication that this is, in fact, the same team. But we can agree to disagree. I still think crapping on the team can be fun.

I would hope that regardless of who the coach is and how the off-season plays out, people will either be hopeful for the future, or find humor in the misery.

Back
Top Bottom