Head Coach Tracker | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Head Coach Tracker

Not sure where the stefanski hold up is... I've seen kitchens everywhere
It seems the Browns flipped their choice as ESPN is now reporting that they hired Kitchens and the announcement is today.

Reactions: A1.
I'm on record as not really liking the potential candidates out there today. I said that before we fired Gase, and I stick to it today. Of the guys with jobs and whom we've hired, I don't really care for many of them honestly. My top two picks were Bruce Arians who took the Tampa Bay job, and Vic Fangio who took the Denver Broncos job.

We didn't interview some other really good DC's like Eberflus with the Colts, who has really maximized that team's talent; and Wink Martindale with the Ravens, who has taken a talented Ravens defense and really had them playing at the top of their game. I would prefer a bright young OC, and yes, I am looking for the next Sean McVay. But, good defensive coaches can sometimes produce good offenses too, and offenses tend to be the dominant teams these days. My best example is Bill Belichick, and the candidate who most resembled him among these candidates was Vic Fangio. Sure, there are others with booming commanding voices and take charge attitudes who may do a great job. There are some that are great teachers, which we need. But just because someone is old and less charming, doesn't mean they can't be good too. IMHO, we lost out by not interviewing Vic Fangio, even if he never would have considered us, because his take on our roster is a valuable piece of information.

Fail for Fromm in full force.
it was a very poor hiring cycle and that trend will continue with all these retreads. The NFL has a very poor mentality in not promoting and urging teams to hire young progressive coaches.

Hell Freddie kitchens only got the job because the browns cast off the dead wait of Jackson and Haley. Who would have thought he would be such a difference for the team. For years people clamored for hue because of his inappropriate relationship with the media.

There is a lot of desperation with these hire. The cardinals and browns could have buyers remorse if neither guy can put together a staff and win.

We can only hope Richard is that coach we have been looking for. Albeit I'm concerned about his similarities to Gase

As long as they dont' hire Gase, I'm fine with it. One thing about Gase, he's not as bad as many think, and he holds a grudge. He built a team to beat the Patriots, and he has done that several times. I don't want him to build a team to beat the Dolphins. We need to keep the Jets soft.

As long as they dont' hire Gase, I'm fine with it. One thing about Gase, he's not as bad as many think, and he holds a grudge. He built a team to beat the Patriots, and he has done that several times. I don't want him to build a team to beat the Dolphins. We need to keep the Jets soft.

Huh?? So he built a team specifically to go 2-4 against the Patriots from 2016 - 2018??

Huh?? So he built a team specifically to go 2-4 against the Patriots from 2016 - 2018??
He just needed more time. I’m sure after enough time had passed, and after Brady and Belichick retired, then he could boost that record to .500 easily. Just needed more time. Same as Tannehill. In a few more years he could definitely, maybe, had beaten Buffalo in Buffalo— probably.

Well the point is that he actually had 2 wins in Miami in 3 years … yeah, that's a good record against the Patriots. The Patriots went undefeated at home this season … the home cooking is strong with that one. So yeah, beating them in Miami 2 of 3 years is an accomplishment.

Well the point is that he actually had 2 wins in Miami in 3 years … yeah, that's a good record against the Patriots. The Patriots went undefeated at home this season … the home cooking is strong with that one. So yeah, beating them in Miami 2 of 3 years is an accomplishment.

From 2013 - 2015 (pre-Gase), the Dolphins went 3-3 against the Patriots.

From 2013 - 2015 (pre-Gase), the Dolphins went 3-3 against the Patriots.
We musn’t let facts get in the way of the Gase apologetics. Because even though he was a failure here and a jackass to boot, I’m sure he’s going to do amazing things wherever he ends up.

Gase hitched his game with Tannehill; he hitched wrong. Elsewhere, if he does get a QB and an offensive line he might put together a good squad. After year 3 the negatives outweighed any hope "he might be the next Don Shula". If he steps back and learns from this experience he might do well for another franchise. It just sucks he was/is so arrogant and stubborn to change while he was here.

Why would they want the Baylor coach? That whole offense and conference is strange.

I must be too old school lol

Back
Top Bottom