Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herd w/Colin Cowherd doesn't think Tua will be good because he is small with no wiggle

I thought going into the draft that Herbert and Burrow were both going to be excellent QB’s in the NFL. I also thought Tua would be an excellent QB if he is able to avoid suffering another hip injury. I really don’t understand those individuals who diss on Burrow and Herbert simply because they like Tua better. Personally I hope all three of them have long and successful careers in the NFL.
I mean it’s better for the league as a whole if all the young qbs pan Out. Otherwise we get boring Unexciting games with bad QB play. Miami for example has been a pretty boring team to watch most of these last 20 years

Tua made how many throws on Sunday the 18th? I saw 2 of them and was impressed by both.
Throw #1 Good pocket presence, no panic, right read, right on the money.
Throw #2 quick release, right read, right on the money.

He's not gonna suck. Relax.

He was considered to be a generational talent by most of these guys for 2 years. He was short back then. Didn't ever have a cannon. But you can prob find infinite videos of Cowherd (and others like him) praising him endlessly.

Then the injury happened. Before that, Tua vs Herbert would have been a laughable debate regarding the draft.

I respect your skepticism if you were never a fan of Tua or if the injury is a factor.

But WTF is Cowherd doing changing his opinion on Tua based on traits we've known about for forever? Did he just watch him on YouTube for the first time 4 days ago?

Last edited:
Tua will be to the NFL what Steph Curry is to the NBA.

How the hell that little dude doing what he is doing in a big boy sport?

Tua made how many throws on Sunday the 18th? I saw 2 of them and was impressed by both.
Throw #1 Good pocket presence, no panic, right read, right on the money.
Throw #2 quick release, right read, right on the money.

He's not gonna suck. Relax.
Not to be a hater, but you can't judge the quality of a QB on two passes. If you had mentioned any of his college play, sure. But what you stated is not a way to judge a players abilities.

What was his point a few months ago? Why change a few days before the debut?
Its to get people to talk about him. Exactly what is happening on this message board.

So he did exactly what he wanted to do.

Tua does not have elite arm strength, like Josh Allen or Justin Herbert, but I do not see it as an issue. He has an NFL arm. I don't see him having any less velocity on his throws than Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, or Tom Brady for example.

I think all 3 of those guys throw with more velocity especially Wilson. In terms of velocity he looks below average for an NFL starter, Matt Ryan and Sam Darnold look to have about average arm strength he looks a tier below them in the arm strength department.

That's not what the discussion was about.

I don't know about overrated. There are times when it is a great asset, but a "strong arm" by itself is just a disaster waiting to happen.

The fact is, Tua has enough physical tools to get the job done.
Marino, Elway, Favre, Unitas, Kelly, Vick, Mahomes, Rodgers didn't get the memo about arm strength.

Wilson brady and brees have all developed more arm strength in the pros with core work and shoulder strength training etc.

I see no reason tua will be any different in time.

Drew Brees arm is probably a solid comp. but not the 40 plus year old version

I think all 3 of those guys throw with more velocity especially Wilson. In terms of velocity he looks below average for an NFL starter, Matt Ryan and Sam Darnold look to have about average arm strength he looks a tier below them in the arm strength department.
Neither Brees nor Brady do anymore. Brady needs so much air under that ball to get it downfield. Wilson has a very good arm no doubt.

Hebert has looked awesome - I can’t believe he’s a rookie making these big time throws. More to the point, Montana could only throw it 50, Marino 60 - neither of those guys were winning longest throw competitions. How far you can throw it is not that relevant. How many patterns allow for a guy to get 70 yards down field before you hit him?
Prime Marino can throw it 70+, It's not about him needing to throw a 65 yard bomb it's the ability to do so shows how much at ease you will be when asked to throw a bomb in the face of a pass rush or in dirty pocket that why I showed the Herbert clip. Ball velocity is the true measure of arm strength anyway and is much more important.

Neither Brees nor Brady do anymore. Brady needs so much air under that ball to get it downfield. Wilson has a very good arm no doubt.
Brees is the closest to him, Brees throws a tighter spiral so he has the edge, Tom Brady posted a pic of him reaching 61 mph for ball velocity last year on a radar gun that elite ! Tua is not touching that. The idea that Tom Brady has only average arm strength is fake news.

Wilson brady and brees have all developed more arm strength in the pros with core work and shoulder strength training etc.

I see no reason tua will be any different in time.

Drew Brees arm is probably a solid comp. but not the 40 plus year old version

The old version is a perfect comp, younger Brees arm is way stronger than Tua.

Back
Top Bottom