How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild?

Well, the way I see it we have no say as to who's in charge. All we can do is hope for the best. I do like the fact that we have Allen and McKenzie in the FO so I'm hoping they'll help Grier like a lot when it comes time to get players in free agency and the draft.

I mean we've never had this much draft capital before so that's definitely new but it always come down to the same thing.......the reason we've been irrelevant for 20 years is because we have drafted poorly. We couldn't build an oline worth a damn and we had an exceptionally few amount of elite players, not to mention bad coaches....that's pretty much it. And it comes down to the same thing this year.....we draft poorly we will continue to stink....if we somehow become adept at drafting our fortunes will change

Right. Very good point. He's set the table and made the party plans...

I am fully invested with the strategy and sincerely hope we capitalize monumentally

on the draft stash! If we blow it, the entire franchise will have to be nuked.

I just don't see that mushroom cloud on the horizon.

Problem is everyone is beyond frustrated and there's like 0 time on the internal fan clock.

But for now -- all we can do (IMO) is allow the process to play out and make our judgements

down the line. I'm hopeful. And for the first time in a while (under Ross ownership)

I think we may have finally done the right thing...

That's all.

I genuinely hope you're right and I'm dead ass wrong so you can rub it in my face for the next decade while the fins are competing for SBs.

images.jpeg

I mean we've never had this much draft capital before so that's definitely new but it always come down to the same thing.......the reason we've been irrelevant for 20 years is because we have drafted poorly. We couldn't build an oline worth a damn and we had an exceptionally few amount of elite players....that's pretty much it. And it comes down to the same thing this year.....we draft poorly we will continue to stink....if we somehow become adept at drafting our fortunes will change

Massage yourself internally with the realization Marvin got us Williams.

Now just imagine the draft board loaded with delicious targets throughput R1 (3 new starters)

including the long awaited franchise coitus back and wait! There's more!

2 R2s and multi R3 and... Then in '21 two more R1s and...

add to that millions and millions for FA prime meat and by now you must be

football horny!

>>> enjoy the process because the alternative sucks!

Fear the Grier... Whats even worst is that now with all those draft picks and cap space, the GM and HC positions of the Miami Dolphins wouldl be as attractive as they'd ever be...

Fear the Grier... Whats even worst is that now with all those draft picks and cap space, the GM and HC positions of the Miami Dolphins wouldl be as attractive as they'd ever be...

Another valid point. And it's 100% on target.

It would certainly be a wild bizarre twist of fate if Ross axed Grier + Flores upon the same realization!

But do you seriously think he'd have a clue as to who to target as replacements?

Bottom line, IMO, Grier was/is his only hope.

If this s h i t blows up Ross has gotta get his a s s outta town.

So yeah, the stakes are pretty high!

But we like drama in America!

Massage yourself internally with the realization Marvin got us Williams.

Now just imagine the draft board loaded with delicious targets throughput R1 (3 new starters)

including the long awaited franchise coitus back and wait! There's more!

2 R2s and multi R3 and... Then in '21 two more R1s and...

add to that millions and millions for FA prime meat and by now you must be

football horny!

>>> enjoy the process because the alternative sucks!

I am imagining it. I was one of the first people here calling to tank. Don’t confuse my posts for negativity. I’m very excited for the possibilities. I just don’t have confidence in Grier. I wish I did but he needs to nail these drafts for me to think he can turn our fortunes around

I am imagining it. I was one of the first people here calling to tank. Don’t confuse my posts for negativity. I’m very excited for the possibilities. I just don’t have confidence in Grier. I wish I did but he needs to nail these drafts for me to think he can turn our fortunes around

I totally agree with that!

What logical reasons can people give that points towards Grier being a good GM? I just dont see any... I dont even think he was a legit GM candidate. His resume is basically 20 years learning the ropes on a mediocre franchise that failed one time after another to secure a QB, a decent OL or even a top half offense.

I mean great, they have a **** ton of picks and money now. Thats the easy part, anyone can strip an NFL team of all its talent in exchange for cash and draft picks.

What logical reasons can people give that points towards Grier being a good GM? I just dont see any... I dont even think he was a legit GM candidate. His resume is basically 20 years learning the ropes on a mediocre franchise that failed one time after another to secure a QB, a decent OL or even a top half offense.

I mean great, they have a **** ton of picks and money now. Thats the easy part, anyone can strip an NFL team of all its talent in exchange for cash and draft picks.

Chill!

Have a colatta and a sponge bath...

Embrace the Grier!

Embrace the picks!

Let go of your frustrations!

Deepak Chopra is our next owner!

:lol:

I mean you cant absolve grier of any blame when he was director of scouting cause he didnt make the final decision and than laud Allen while he was director of scouting for good picks his team made...i mean you can but its pretty disingenous
I believe this is fact. This is Grier's 1st year as being the shot caller yes?

As far as the work he did as the scouting director. I'm not sure what that has to do with him now being the shot caller? He didn't make the final decision. He accumulated the data for the shot caller. Beyond that you or I would make assumptions how much influence he had on the final decision. My guess, he had a voice, nothing more. If you think it was more. Good for you. Both are an opinion, nothing more.

I believe this is fact. This is Grier's 1st year as being the shot caller yes?

As far as the work he did as the scouting director. I'm not sure what that has to do with him now being the shot caller? He didn't make the final decision. He accumulated the data for the shot caller. Beyond that you or I would make assumptions how much influence he had on the final decision. My guess, he had a voice, nothing more. If you think it was more. Good for you. Both are an opinion, nothing more.

You didn’t get my point

Back
Top Bottom