How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How comfortable are you with Grier spearheading the rebuild?

I believe this is fact. This is Grier's 1st year as being the shot caller yes?

As far as the work he did as the scouting director. I'm not sure what that has to do with him now being the shot caller? He didn't make the final decision. He accumulated the data for the shot caller. Beyond that you or I would make assumptions how much influence he had on the final decision. My guess, he had a voice, nothing more. If you think it was more. Good for you. Both are an opinion, nothing more.

Bingo!

You didn’t get my point
I got your point. If he was the shot caller past decisions made by this franchise may have been in fact different. That's the point I think is more important. But who knows maybe you are right. Maybe he would have made the same choices as the previous shot callers.

I am confident in the structure Grier has put in place -- specifically the addition of Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie (boots on the ground doing the down and dirty investigative work to maximize the procurement of talent).

In addition, Flores has a scouting/evaluation background and it's been clearly defined he's included in the "collaborative process."

In my view Grier has played the game many moves ahead by creating the core structure to maximize our draft potential in ADVANCE of the high-value deals (swindles?) he's orchestrated.

Even the constant nags can't deny the masterful job he's done setting this franchise up with a cache of draft bounty that's probably unparalleled.

So he completely rebuilt the scouting dept., dumped dead wood, and has undeniably done the best job we've ever seen around here leveraging assets for premium draft capital.

TBum is gone. And the stupidity of his ways are gone. Grier obviously clearly defined his "plan" to Ross and Ross (to his billionaire credit) admitted the METHOD he was behind (read TBum) was the "definition of insanity."

I think the man (Mister Grier) may have just performed the BEST rapid-fire deconstruction/reconstruction plan ever witnessed in the NFL!

And let's put it this way -- if the team he's assembled crushes the picks he's harvested the dude will be legendary!

Oh yeah, and let's not forget the salary cap bonanza he's also accumulated.

But I consider that the cherry on top!
well said my man! I agree with it, it also seems like they have a clear idea of what they are looking for. They probably already know who they like most as a QB prospect.

Not.

He's been here for almost two decades and for almost two decades Miami has had below average talent across the board.

Is all that his fault - of course not but I'm sure he's had a heavy hand in acquiring several below par players with premium draft picks recently, Charles Harris being the main culprit.

Regardless, it is what it is and I hope he hits them all out of the park over the next few years.

I'm getting too old to wait.

I got your point. If he was the shot caller past decisions made by this franchise may have been in fact different. That's the point I think is more important. But who knows maybe you are right. Maybe he would have made the same choices as the previous shot callers.

That wasn’t my point

What logical reasons can people give that points towards Grier being a good GM? I just dont see any... I dont even think he was a legit GM candidate. His resume is basically 20 years learning the ropes on a mediocre franchise that failed one time after another to secure a QB, a decent OL or even a top half offense.

I mean great, they have a **** ton of picks and money now. Thats the easy part, anyone can strip an NFL team of all its talent in exchange for cash and draft picks.

I think the Rosen, Tunsil and Minkah trades are a good indicators he gets it. I don't think those moves would have either happened or would have been handled as well as they were.

His point is you cant claim Allen is good based on his stint in a position, and turn around and say Grier had no bearing on the failures of his team while in that same exact position... In other words, you cant have your cake and eat it too...

I think the Rosen, Tunsil and Minkah trades are a good indicators he gets it. I don't think those moves would have either happened or would have been handled as well as they were.
Getting rid of talent is a whole lot easier than aquiring talent... I liked the Rosen trade, but not because I thought he was good....

His point is you cant claim Allen is good based on his stint in a position, and turn around and say Grier had no bearing on the failures of his team while in that same exact position... In other words, you cant have your cake and eat it too...
Yup I got that, but he obviously didn't get mine.

I believe the issue is some are saying Grier had no influence. That is obviously impossible. He had at a minimum had some. The issue IMO is how much. None of us know the answer to that.

I like PIE much more better thx.

With the task at hand he has been doing very well. It easy to trade talent away, but the return Grier has procured has been impressive. I have never seen the Dolphins with this much draft capital and not for just one draft, the next two are both going to be exciting. Not sure I remember $120 million in cap space either. One thing we can agree is this definitely isn’t the way things have been done in the last 20 years.

Yup I got that, but he obviously didn't get mine.

I believe the issue is some are saying Grier had no influence. That is obviously impossible. He had at a minimum had some. The issue IMO is how much. None of us know the answer to that.

I like PIE much more better thx.
The influence is irrelevant here IMO, because as you stated, nobody really knows... What I dont like about Grier, and why I think he's a long shot is simply his career path and learning experience... First of all, he spent all(or at least most) of his pro carrer on a team that was constantly mediocre, failed to secure a good QB, failed to field a decent OL and also failed to field a decent offense. What is it that makes it likely someone with that resume ends up being great? Outside of pure blind luck I mean...

Who did this guy learn from that really makes you say, guy is ready to go out on his own...
What situation did he really nail where you can say, this guy is going to be great at building a football team?
How come during those 20 years, not 1 team decided to promote him to their organization?
How many guys would you like running the next draft over Grier off the top of your head? (I think this one really takes the cake.... Pie...)

Back
Top Bottom