How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ?

Going with Sewell at 6 after drafting Jackson, Hunt, and Kindley last year would really bug me.

The offense is desperate for playmakers. So, I’d be really annoyed going D at 6, too.

The only pick that would bother me is, Smith.
He is ridiculously skinny.
I get it if he was “Skinny” and not a good receiver. But the guy one the Heisman. So the only knock is he’s Skinny?

OK, because some people number these things differently, it might be great if you went the extra mile and noted which pick is 1a. Some people call it 1 (#6 overall) and 1a (#18 overall), and some people use it to say 1a (#6 overall) and 1b (#18 overall). So just for clarity maybe add at the beginning that you're asking about #6 ... assuming that you are.

Personally, I'm on the Ja'Marr Chase train at #6. Probably available, BPA, fits a need, builds around our young QB, gives us a cornerstone offensive player, high ceiling and high floor guy, durable, young with sky high potential so fits the Grier profile, and really seems like a can't-miss prospect. Also seems like a smooth, natural athlete with dynamite hands and good RAC so he fits our offense to a T. Kinda like a more athletic Jarvis Landry with speed and no attitude problems. To me, his game reminds me of Jerry Rice--kinda gliding past guys in pads despite pedestrian 40 times, vice grip hands, exceptional RAC and an open-field devestator who has decent separation but phenomenal ability to win the 50/50 balls. Scheme him open and he's unstoppable. Clutch when you need a 1st down. Dependable to always win his 1v1's no matter what CB is put on him. Commands a double team and a good throw still beats the double team every time because he always makes the catch. Understands the down markers and situation within the game. Elusive, fast, strong, reliable, and he has durability unlike practically every other WR on our team. He's not skinny and brittle so he's not going to miss large stretches of games from injury. Really just an ideal prospect at #6.
I definitely see Jerry Rice with his run after the catch ability.

"Good player is a good player , is a good player"

Some of you might as well get disappointed now because you can pencil Smith in at 6. Unless something crazy happens between now and April 29, he will be our pick at 6
Not if Pitts is on the board.

I wouldn’t necessary love a Parsons pick. But if Miami came back with offensive talent early and often afterwards, I might change my mind.

Parsons and a slight trade up for Smith wouldn't be a bad way to start a draft.

What about Parsons, Marshall, Elijah Moore with the first three selections?

That said, I really think it comes down to one of the receivers at #6.

I want Pitts, a later wr and we will have one hell of a wr core. Oh, just food for thought, I'd like Amari Rodgers, he balled out this year at Clemson when he needed to shine.

Smith or Waddle.....If we orignally had 6 I would be OK with what they do but to give up a first next year and drop 40 spots later in this draft to get a guy who might be there at 12 would be so Miami

The wideouts. Pitts. Or even Sewell I would be okay with even though it would annoy me. Anything else would piss me off.

Back
Top Bottom