How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ?

Would this board meltdown if they draft Sewell at #6 then Harris at #18.
That would tell you that Flores wants to run the ball more than trust Tua to pass.
I would be mad if we draft any defense position at 1A - all the best talents in this class are mostly offense players.

I will also be disappointed if we draft another O-lineman at #6. last off season we invested so much in the O-line and neglected skill position players on offense and it showed this past season.

And ill be pissed if we draft a RB at #6 - I dont think our front office would do it but I will be deeply concern about Grier's future if we draft ANY RB at #6.

Wouldn't go that far, mostly because I se receiver at 6 or 18 as close to locked as possible. D at #6 would tell me Flo is much happier with Fuller and a lower pick receiver than most here

Besides his size, what are the “too many questions”?

And four years of game tape isn’t enough, he needs to run around in his underwear for some to validate his status? I just don’t get it :shrug:

I believe in measuring everything before investing in it, this kid is hiding things that directly effect his ability to play this game. While I agree with you he played good/great college ball, that was in college on a superior team.

I want to see/measure HIM, not his team, HIM. I want to know size/weight/speed ratio and it would infuriate many people that they must make a decision based upon incomplete information.

You cannot rely upon game tape alone, otherwise drafting would be simple, the more information the more opportunities to find or elevate issues. I suspect this kid is alot less than 170 declared playing weight, so I want to weight him, stopwatch him (not just the 40) in the same day.

Lamar Thomas was 6-3 165 at the combine, are you telling me that this is kid is 6-0 175? (while looking thinner?) I put him anywhere from 150-160, that is a HUGE issue in the NFL and you know it.

Fields just knocked it out of the park at his pro day, if you've not watched it yet, check the reruns on NFLN or on gampass if you have. This was after running 4.43 in the 40 ! This is great for us because the pressure is ramping up on ATL to take him at 4 or Denver or Carolina to trade up for him. 6 is a real nice spot to be in right now :)

Fields just knocked it out of the park at his pro day, if you've not watched it yet, check the reruns on NFLN or on gampass if you have. This was after running 4.43 in the 40 ! This is great for us because the pressure is ramping up on ATL to take him at 4 or Denver or Carolina to trade up for him. 6 is a real nice spot to be in right now :)
Carolina's Matt Rhule was there and there has to be discussions about them moving up tp #6 if Fields is available.

Carolina's Matt Rhule was there and there has to be discussions about them moving up tp #6 if Fields is available.

This is where Carolina is so screwed, he's probably gone at 4 and the only way they can get there is to trade up with a divisional rival in ATL. They probably hate us right now, but if they had just ponied up they could have had their choice between Fields and Lance.

I'm not sure if I have got the point over that I like Pitts, and would love to see us take him at 6. But honestly if the FO wanted to go in a different direction I would still largely get behind virtually anything they do, as long as that first pick is one of Sewell, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts of course. I would also be on board with a trade back if we still secured one of these elite offensive players. I could even get on board with a big trade down for a massive haul of multiple firsts and 2021 day 2 picks.

What would make me mad is if we took Parsons or one of the CBs at 6 or reach on an edge with 1a. I would also be pretty mad if we took a trade back that netted us no more than an extra day 2 pick and we missed put on the elite O talent.

All in all we are in a pretty good place any one of the blue chip O players will improve our offense in a huge way in my view. Pitts would have the biggest impact, but the others will be a huge upgrade on what we have also.

What about you guys ? What will have you banging your head against the wall or dusting off the Chris Grier effigy and getting out you box of pins ?

Drafting a skinny receiver.

Would this board meltdown if they draft Sewell at #6 then Harris at #18.
That would tell you that Flores wants to run the ball more than trust Tua to pass.
That would tell me he realizes that the offensive line wasn’t good enough last year and that having an offensive line that is vastly improved in the running and passing game is what is needed to get the offense to the next level.

Drafting Harris at 18 would mean that he thinks Harris is the best RB in the draft and likely wouldn’t be available at 36. The signing of Fuller, the drafting of Sewell and Harris in the scenario you presented would mean to me that Flores is comfortable with the receivers now on the team and that Tua will have more success with a strong running game and an offensive line that can give him more time in the passing game.

I don’t expect the draft to fall the way you projected but I wouldn’t be upset if it did happen this way.

Back
Top Bottom