How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How could Miami make you mad with pick 1a ?

You make it seems like the guy at this stage is Ted Ginn! While I have questions too. I do believe he's shown more than enough to suggest he's going to be an average reciever at worst at the next level.

Just to be fair would you draft J. Waddle? He is not participating today either (and yes I realize both have injuries that need to heal)

I see Waddle as a slot receiver, I have trouble taking a slot @6 overall, I think that last guy like this taken high was Tavon Austin, although I believe Waddle is above him in receiving skills.

I do believe that Waddle has an NFL build however.

You make it seems like the guy at this stage is Ted Ginn! While I have questions too. I do believe he's shown more than enough to suggest he's going to be an average reciever at worst at the next level.
Ted Ginn, that makes my head hurt.....#9 overall, what a horrible moment that was......

The only move that could make me mad is any move or moves that kept us from getting one of these guys:
WR Chase, Waddle, or Smith
TE Pitts
OT Sewell
LB Parsons

As long as we get one of them I'm happy as a clam!

I do HOPE we aren't done moving, and that we make moves to land TWO of them. Preferably WR Smith and Pitts.

1A. Devonta Smith - Too many questions and now will not run or workout at Alabama Pro Day

I may consider him at 18.....
Besides his size, what are the “too many questions”?

And four years of game tape isn’t enough, he needs to run around in his underwear for some to validate his status? I just don’t get it :shrug:

Id be upset with pick 1A if....

We don't land one of: Chase, Pitts, Sewell

We trade down again and don't land one of the three just mentioned above plus Parsons, Waddle & Smith

I'd be furious with pick 1B if........

We use it on a runningback!

sewell and i think if grier does this, its truly the beginning of the end for him

sewell and i think if grier does this, its truly the beginning of the end for him
Dude I think taking either of the Alabama WRs is far more risky than Sewell.

Or what if we did something none of us are talking about, like something on the "Ted Ginn" level of draft stupidity. Like taking a Running back at #6 or another Corner.

Getting Sewell isn't my preference but we could do a hell of alot worse.

i hear you but here is the thing. Drafting Sewell is the safe route that we always go and its not going to make our offense much better. certainly not more explosive. our lack of weapons is scary and honestly, its because we have neglected these positions in the draft. Playmakers win games for you and to get the true difference makers, you have to take the chance in the draft (for the most part). even if we draft smith , waddle or pitts and they bust id rather go down swinging for the fences as opposes to playing it conservative as usual.

I'm not sure if I have got the point over that I like Pitts, and would love to see us take him at 6. But honestly if the FO wanted to go in a different direction I would still largely get behind virtually anything they do, as long as that first pick is one of Sewell, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts of course. I would also be on board with a trade back if we still secured one of these elite offensive players. I could even get on board with a big trade down for a massive haul of multiple firsts and 2021 day 2 picks.

What would make me mad is if we took Parsons or one of the CBs at 6 or reach on an edge with 1a. I would also be pretty mad if we took a trade back that netted us no more than an extra day 2 pick and we missed put on the elite O talent.

All in all we are in a pretty good place any one of the blue chip O players will improve our offense in a huge way in my view. Pitts would have the biggest impact, but the others will be a huge upgrade on what we have also.

What about you guys ? What will have you banging your head against the wall or dusting off the Chris Grier effigy and getting out you box of pins ?

Excluding TT, I've never sat down to watch a draft and had a focus on one player. I have 3-5 players I'd like so my likelihood of being "mad" is lower than some here.
For now, I'm happy with Chase, Pitts, Parsons, waddle and wouldn't be upset with Surtain, depending on 1b. Mad? QB, RB, NT . . . actually any position other than receiver, LB, edge, CB.

Only thing that will make me angry (because I believe there is a plan with #6) is trading back out of the top ten and missing what I consider to be the elite skill players on offense.

If they go defense with the first pick, that would be upsetting to me. While RB would be much too high at 6, an offensive tackle, WR, or TE, if it is Pitts will be perfectly fine with me.

Would this board meltdown if they draft Sewell at #6 then Harris at #18.
That would tell you that Flores wants to run the ball more than trust Tua to pass.

I would be mad if we draft any defense position at 1A - all the best talents in this class are mostly offense players.

I will also be disappointed if we draft another O-lineman at #6. last off season we invested so much in the O-line and neglected skill position players on offense and it showed this past season.

And ill be pissed if we draft a RB at #6 - I dont think our front office would do it but I will be deeply concern about Grier's future if we draft ANY RB at #6.

Back
Top Bottom