How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite?

Keep him around to compete with the rookie for the starting position. He could be a nice backup for us but I think his attitude won't allow that.

LOL.

Rosen isn't elite. He won't be elite.

I wish he wouldn't have this cult following after a meh preseason, but here we are...
That wasn't the question, but thanks for the diversion!

With this team, anywhere between 6-9 wins to me is enough to prove he's got some serious talent.

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's automatically better. We're talking about a failed college head coach taking over, so it's not like Andy Reid all of a sudden showed up and, wow, what do you know... Kyler Murray looks good.

Also, can we stop pretending like Rosen played with all horrible players on offense? Yeah, his offensive line was garbage, but he still had Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson on offense, 2 guys that are better than anybody we have.

Why can't we hold him accountable for the season that he had? I'm not saying he's automatically a bust because of it. I'm just saying, can we not just let him off the hook for free? Why does this fan base always make so many excuses for bad QB play?
They had David Johnson playing out of position.. and they had 2 OCs who were terrible.. not to mention that was Rosen's 4th and 5th playbooks since he started college. And when you have Larry Fitz and little else, guess who the D is gonna double team?

They had David Johnson playing out of position.. and they had 2 OCs who were terrible.. not to mention that was Rosen's 4th and 5th playbooks since he started college. And when you have Larry Fitz and little else, guess who the D is gonna double team?

Sounds like a lot of the same excuses we heard for the other guy.

Its about how he looks. You do realize he will be running for his life just like Fitzpatrick was right? To expect anyone to look above average let alone average behind this gutted roster and OL is simply naive.

For me, its as simple as wanting to see his tight effortless throws, instead of Fitz's dead ducks.

If Rosen musters 6 wins, thats an accomplishment if done with half a roster of practice squad caliber players.

Let him and a rookie QB battle it out next year. Rosen has skills, but needs some stability and protection first. like any QB would.

Put Tua, Lawrence, Rodgers, Brady behing this OL, it doesnt matter. You cant take a ton seriously with what you see this year. The talent void as well as players not playing as hard as they would if we were trying to be competitive.

Sounds like a lot of the same excuses we heard for the other guy.
You are painting with a broad brush with that type of statement.

Many ppl who aren't RT apologists feel that the situation in AZ was next to impossible for Rosen to overcome. There is a difference between an "excuse", and a legitimate reason.

While our line didn't do Ryan any favors, his lack of pocket awareness was his ultimate downfall.

From what I've seen, that isn't an issue with Rosen.

Many ppl who aren't RT apologists feel that the situation in AZ was next to impossible for Rosen to overcome. There is a difference between an "excuse", and a legitimate reason.

While our line didn't do Ryan any favors, his lack of pocket awareness was his ultimate downfall.

To quote West Side Story:

"When you're in love you're in love all the way"

For me, Joshua is now our QB we root for him WIN OR LOSE. He can win games for us. He has done it before 3-10. I want to see him be productive and to direct the offense. BE THE COMMANDER! Get them in position and down the field and score points consistently. Show awareness, escape the pocket when need be, or climb the pocket, make all the right throws, and be decisive if its not there get rid of it. We need to see what he can do and I am excited to see him as a duo with Williams and the crew. I would be thrilled for him to win 4 games. But, if the OL can gel and be together all 5 for several games and build cohesiveness, I say they will win more 5 or 6 that would tell me we have something we can build around. It just takes time for everything to come together seriously. I want him to succeed. He is only 22 with serious potential to be our FQB! So go out there Joshua an make us proud!!! I got your back!!!

It's all excuses for why a player can't perform. You don't need everything to be perfect to play well.

Plenty of qbs have less than stellar OL play and play great football, some have less than stellar wide outs and still play great football. Rosen failed as a rookie. We all want him to be great, but I guess I'm tired of waiting on great.

Kyler Murray against Baltimore: 25/40 62.5% 349yds 0 TD 0 INT 90.5 QB rating.
Josh Rosen against Baltimore: 1/3 33.3% 5yds 0 TD 1 INT 2.8 QB rating.

Murray had 40 throws against Baltimore without throwing a pick and it took Rosen 3, but that's fine, downplay Murray and make more excuses for Rosen. And before you possibly give me a nauseating excuse that the Baltimore defense knew Rosen had to throw, Arizona ran for TWENTY yards that game...

I can't wait until Sunday just to hear what kind of stuff is going to be made up for him after the game for why he was garbage like he's been his whole career.
You guys are really not good at what you are doing. Comparing the stats of a QB who started the game and the stats of a guy who came in after the game was a blowout already shows us only one thing: you hate Rosen. You hate him so much that you root against the Dolphins.

It would be much easier to simply say: I hate Rosen.

Back
Top Bottom