How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite?

Rosen averaged about 2 1/2 seconds of protection with the Cardinals last year. With us looks like he gets a break, maybe 3 - 3 1/2 seconds.....and yet still many will judge him by how his performance under such ridiculous drawbacks, as if he's suppose to walk on water....

Oh ya for you Tua freaks wonder what he'd look like with 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 sec. in the NFL.....
He is not going to be able to sit back there and have his lunch like with Ala. and also be dealing with NFL caliber..

Got my own opinion and not telling you what to think, just please think.....

I just want him to pass the eye test.

Assuming by eye test you mean after he is sacked for the 10th time and the medical staff is making sure he doesn't have brain damage by moving a pen from side to side for his eyes to follow?

Hope he passes that too. Our thoughts and prayers to you Josh.

Rosen averaged about 2 1/2 seconds of protection with the Cardinals last year. With us looks like he gets a break, maybe 3 - 3 1/2 seconds.....and yet still many will judge him by how his performance under such ridiculous drawbacks, as if he's suppose to walk on water....

Oh ya for you Tua freaks wonder what he'd look like with 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 sec. in the NFL.....
He is not going to be able to sit back there and have his lunch like with Ala. and also be dealing with NFL caliber..

Better than Rosen's 11TDs and 16 ints. Can't get much worse unless you look at Nathan Peterman.

LOL.

Rosen isn't elite. He won't be elite.

I wish he wouldn't have this cult following after a meh preseason, but here we are...

Yes. He is not elite...now, maybe; with this bad-news-bears squad. But your statement, "He won't be elite" cannot be said since he is only a second year player, and the dude is young! He might...instead of won't...be elite. That the better way to phrase it IMHO.

What I love about Rosen, and it is very helpful that he can do this, is break away, with success, when the pocket - as is the usual outcome - falls apart. That is a major plus with our sorry-ass offensive line.

Yes. He is not elite...now, maybe; with this bad-news-bears squad. But your statement, "He won't be elite" cannot be said since he is only a second year player, and the dude is young! He might...instead of won't...be elite. That the better way to phrase it IMHO.

True and maybe I'm a little harsh on the kid but I'm tired of waiting on elite.

When a player is elite they usually show it instantly, yes there is plenty of examples of players breaking out later, Brees, Warner, Bledsoe and Gannon but that's extremely rare.

Go for the higher potential of elite. Odds are in your favor.

It all depends on the birds in question. If it was that cut and dry you would say it's always better to have to player you know on the roster than adding two players you don't in the draft. So why draft at all?

You draft in order to:

1) Get top ranked (1st round typically) players to improve performance in specific positions and depth in critical positions.
2) Replace 1st string players lost to injury or retirement when replacements are not available in Free Agency (typically limited by cap space).
3) Bring in depth players, some who will hopefully develop into 1st team players.

Of drafted players, typically 50% are gone after less then 4 years due to lack of performance in the NFL. This is why its more important to be able to use coaching to improve players effectiveness via improving their skill sets or game planning, then to rely totally on each drafted player to perform as expected.

Rosen couldnt overcome whatever situation he had in Arizona. What makes anyone think hes gonna overcome this situation? This team is going to be historically bad folks. I dont care who we got at QB. The FO set it up that way for a reason.

Which situation, their poor offensive line or dealing with 3 OC's in one year (each with a different system)?

Last edited:

just please think.....
From your post to Gods ear.

Which situation, their poor offensive line or dealing with 3 OC's in one year (each with a different system)?

Each had an entirely different system? I find that hard to believe. With three your odds are good that you find one that works right?

True and maybe I'm a little harsh on the kid but I'm tired of waiting on elite.

When a player is elite they usually show it instantly, yes there is plenty of examples of players breaking out later, Brees, Warner, Bledsoe and Gannon but that's extremely rare.

Go for the higher potential of elite. Odds are in your favor.

This is what I keep going back to. Maybe its the bettor in me or the financial background I work in. People try to find the exceptions with regards to Rosen. The outlier. Thats not smart business sense. Or good sense at all.

For Rosen it's not about wins, it's about improvement. Improving his pre-snap awareness. Reducing foolish turnovers. Getting the ball out on time and accurate. Becoming a leader.

That's what will decide Rosen's future and how people view him.....not wins this year or next.

Back
Top Bottom