How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite?

Rosen career is over before it started in miami. Why trade for qb that u dont want..this team is trash. It will be hard... he doesn't deserve be in this situation as young qb.

If they didnt want him, he wouldnt be on the roster.

So unless every single player and coach is exactly the same, we can sweep Rosen's terrible season under the rug and absolve him of all blame. Got it.
I think you are being disingenuous, to say the least.

We are not talking about a couple coaching changes. It's paramount to being an entirely different franchise, from HC, OC to overall offensive philosophy.

But I understand, ppl have different views, depending on their overriding agenda. Not everyone sees things the same.

Not a comparable situation. Different staff, different philosophy, and Murray isn't playing behind a line that was picked up at labor force.
I wouldn't even bother with the Murray debate. I haven't seen the Cards games this year but if one would go by stats the kid has a lot of yards but that's about it. But he is bottom 10 when it comes to completion percentage. For his yardage he also has a very low TD ratio. Everybody else in that yardage range has at least 3 or more TDs. His YPA also puts him into the bottom half.
But he has the most attempts by any QB so far.

It all sums it up to a lot of yardage but not very efficient. It looks to me they give him a lot of short passes. At this rate they are going to wear him out. Certainly not how you would want to develop your first round pic. I think Kingsbury wants to somehow justify the #1 pick and switch from Rosen.

I think you are being disingenuous, to say the least.

We are not talking about a couple coaching changes. It's paramount to being an entirely different franchise, from HC, OC to overall offensive philosophy.

But I understand, ppl have different views, depending on their overriding agenda. Not everyone sees things the same.
Just because it's different doesn't mean it's automatically better. We're talking about a failed college head coach taking over, so it's not like Andy Reid all of a sudden showed up and, wow, what do you know... Kyler Murray looks good.

Also, can we stop pretending like Rosen played with all horrible players on offense? Yeah, his offensive line was garbage, but he still had Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson on offense, 2 guys that are better than anybody we have.

Why can't we hold him accountable for the season that he had? I'm not saying he's automatically a bust because of it. I'm just saying, can we not just let him off the hook for free? Why does this fan base always make so many excuses for bad QB play?

Not a comparable situation. Different staff, different philosophy, and Murray isn't playing behind a line that was picked up at labor force.

Sounds like a lot of excuses. Either way. Rosen threw 2 TDs over his last 6 same and averaged 130 yards per game. Thats ****ing terrible.

At this point the question is what would Rosen have to do to prove he's as good or a better prospect than Tua? That seems like a very long shot even if Rosen looks prety good. So based on the road the team has started down Rosen even winning 4 or 5 games would be a loss for the team. I think it's Tua or bust.
When it comes to the draft just remember, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I wouldn't even bother with the Murray debate. I haven't seen the Cards games this year but if one would go by stats the kid has a lot of yards but that's about it. But he is bottom 10 when it comes to completion percentage. For his yardage he also has a very low TD ratio. Everybody else in that yardage range has at least 3 or more TDs. His YPA also puts him into the bottom half.
But he has the most attempts by any QB so far.

It all sums it up to a lot of yardage but not very efficient. It looks to me they give him a lot of short passes. At this rate they are going to wear him out. Certainly not how you would want to develop your first round pic. I think Kingsbury wants to somehow justify the #1 pick and switch from Rosen.
Kyler Murray against Baltimore: 25/40 62.5% 349yds 0 TD 0 INT 90.5 QB rating.
Josh Rosen against Baltimore: 1/3 33.3% 5yds 0 TD 1 INT 2.8 QB rating.

Murray had 40 throws against Baltimore without throwing a pick and it took Rosen 3, but that's fine, downplay Murray and make more excuses for Rosen. And before you possibly give me a nauseating excuse that the Baltimore defense knew Rosen had to throw, Arizona ran for TWENTY yards that game...

I can't wait until Sunday just to hear what kind of stuff is going to be made up for him after the game for why he was garbage like he's been his whole career.

Kyler Murray against Baltimore: 25/40 62.5% 349yds 0 TD 0 INT 90.5 QB rating.
Josh Rosen against Baltimore: 1/3 33.3% 5yds 0 TD 1 INT 2.8 QB rating.

Murray had 40 throws against Baltimore without throwing a pick and it took Rosen 3, but that's fine, downplay Murray and make more excuses for Rosen. And before you possibly give me a nauseating excuse that the Baltimore defense knew Rosen had to throw, Arizona ran for TWENTY yards that game...

I can't wait until Sunday just to hear what kind of stuff is going to be made up for him after the game for why he was garbage like he's been his whole career.

These same dudes were busting Kliff Kingsbury balls during the offseason because he was dumb enough to take Murray over Rosen. Now they are using him as an excuse because hes a better coach than last year in Arizona. Goal posts keep moving for Rosen.

Rosen couldnt overcome whatever situation he had in Arizona. What makes anyone think hes gonna overcome this situation? This team is going to be historically bad folks. I dont care who we got at QB. The FO set it up that way for a reason.

Yeah, if he’s the next Marino, then fine. That’ll show. But he’d have to be to get anywhere with this team.

Worst case scenario is he goes out there and plays just well enough for the excuses to start: he just needs better receivers; he just needs a better line; he just needs a better coach— i.e. exactly why this team was stuck with the human spare for so many years instead of cutting bait and moving on.

When it comes to the draft just remember, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

It all depends on the birds in question. If it was that cut and dry you would say it's always better to have to player you know on the roster than adding two players you don't in the draft. So why draft at all?

Back
Top Bottom