How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite?

Rosen is going to get killed behind that crap line.

1. Our line is bad
2. Bad lines don't travel
3. Rosen holds the ball too long

Not sure what the game plan is going to be, but changing the QB isn't going to change us getting killed by Dallas on Sunday.

Yeah, I would be surprised if he survives. Our team is much worse than the Cardinals last year.

Let’s say 7 wins were because of his play?

You're trying to measure Rosen based on Ws and Ls. We and Ls are the result of a team effort.

A QB influences a game more than any other player. But the other 52 players can be the reason for a loss.

You're over simplifying a complex assessment.

No I subscribe to the the cult like fashion of being done with decent qb play on Sundays. It's a pointless endeavor to try to find hope in a decent qb, we lived it for almost a decade and you'd think everyone would be tired of dealing with it, but alas..
What I'm tired of is piss poor OL play which makes it impossible for an offense to perform.

Actually, he went 3-10 with no mentors yet talking heads think Darnold who went 4-9 with McCown as a mentor and now 4-10 is the real deal. Go figure :dontknow:
While the jury is still out on the current Dolphin organization, one thing that is not debateable is that AZ was atotal fiasco from GM to coaching staff, therefore I can't put much creedance in judging Rosen based on last season.

Teaching should not be underestimated. There's a reason why guys like Andy Reid are successful no matter the circumstances.

Seriously? We all witnessed that last year when he was with the the worst team in the league. How’d that fare facing legit NFL caliber defenders then? Oh yeah that’s right he didn’t fare too well.
A little like Tua against top college defenses, even with all his protection and assets last year :dontknow:

A little like Tua against top college defenses, even with all his protection and assets last year :dontknow:
Kid had a mediocre O line but still played decently against top tier defenses.
Considering that was his first full season playing that’s pretty damn good.

While the jury is still out on the current Dolphin organization, one thing that is not debateable is that AZ was atotal fiasco from GM to coaching staff, therefore I can't put much creedance in judging Rosen based on last season.

Teaching should not be underestimated. There's a reason why guys like Andy Reid are successful no matter the circumstances.
Then you won't be able to put much credence into judging Rosen this season because Miami is abomination compared to Arizona.

Then you won't be able to put much credence into judging Rosen this season because Miami is abomination compared to Arizona.
I would agree to an extent.

All I can say is that Rosen showed very little improvement in his 12 starts at AZ. If it's the same story here, then his future as an NFL starter is probably all but over.

If, however, he plays better, and shows quantifiable improvement as the season progresses, I would have to assume he was handled poorly last year, which I think is a distinct possibility.

I'll reserve judgement on that until I see how Rosen does against legitimate NFL caliber defenders with one of the worst teams in the league vs how Tua does this year vs last season on one of the best teams against top college defenses instead of throwing against tomorrow's FEDEX drivers.

Well you saw that last year. And he produced on of the worst rookie season ever by a QB. Murray looks a lot better though 2 games than Rosen ever did last year.

The OL is no worse than it's always been. Qb play goes a long way to helping our OL play.
I would say our line is worse, as it stands today. When you take James and Tunsil away, it's hard to make a case that we are no worse than the past. Let's see where we are at in December.

Well you saw that last year. And he produced on of the worst rookie season ever by a QB. Murray looks a lot better though 2 games than Rosen ever did last year.
Not a comparable situation. Different staff, different philosophy, and Murray isn't playing behind a line that was picked up at labor force.

Not a comparable situation. Different staff, different philosophy, and Murray isn't playing behind a line that was picked up at labor force.
So unless every single player and coach is exactly the same, we can sweep Rosen's terrible season under the rug and absolve him of all blame. Got it.

I don't think it has anything to do with wins, as much as to show consistancy, and be able to move the offense. I guess it has to be at least 4 or 5 if you look at the schedule.

If he continually makes great throws, but receivers drop passes, that will not be on him, and hopefully the coaching staff will keep that in mind.

If he is able to move the offense consistently and actually start scoring, but the defense leaks points back to the opponent quicker then Rosen can keep up, that can't be blamed on him.

If he is making great throws, great decisions, showing great awareness of the pass-rush, but the inffective O-line is not giving him enough time to do his job, that is not on Rosen also.

Rosen needs to do his Job well, and prove he could be a franchise QB in the making, and he could win a chance to prove himself next year with far better talent.

Back
Top Bottom