How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite?

Or, you know, just a young QB playing to the same statistical levels that many young QB's play to, and doing so on worse teams than most.
Show me the list of young QBs that had a 1-2 TD/TO ratio in this league after one year and then became a decent starting QB in this league in the last 30 years.

You mention 3 QBs who I think are going to be obvious busts and one guy who is getting propped up by McVay. That's the company you're putting Rosen in that actually makes you comfortable?

Look, I think a few of them will end up busts, but regardless all of those guys went into their second year as starter because NFL teams themselves don't freak out when these guys play this way. The only people who assume rookie QB's are busts when they haven't played pro bowl level football as a rookie are ignorant fans.

Goff is propped up by McVay as Wentz is propped up by Pederson as Brady is propped up by Bellichek as Mahomes was blessed with the QB guru, turn everyone into a successful QB Andy Reid. Who cares, Goff despite a subpar Super Bowl and some occasional rough games is a very successful QB who executes far more often than not.

Show me the list of young QBs that had a 1-2 TD/TO ratio in this league after one year and then became a decent starting QB in this league in the last 30 years.

Why don't you do the research and get back to me since it's pretty common knowledge to most except you.

Why don't you do the research and get back to me since it's pretty common knowledge to most except you.
So in other words you made that crap up. I have done the research that's why I know your post was full of it.

Wow. Are you implying that every team with a winning record had an elite QB?
This word elite is ridiculous. There's about 3 of them in the league currently but you think everybody should just go get them one huh?

Yeah I agree. An elite QB usually means you can be competitive regardless of what kind of crappy shape your roster is in because they hide a lot of flaws. Yet usually when you look back at their careers they win a championship when they have a freaking stacked team around them and generally fall short afterwords.

You win by having a good team and good QB play is a part of that. Peyton Manning only won two SB's and one was carried by a defense when his arm had fallen off.

Good, then share that, I'm not typing a term paper for you.
lol...that's pathetic to make crap up, try to pass it off as fact.

Here's your list of players that had a 1/2 TD/TO ratio in their first year and then became decent starters in the last 30 years...

There you go. There is your term paper.

lol...that's pathetic to make crap up, try to pass it off as fact.

Here's your list of players that had a 1/2 TD/TO ratio in their first year and then became decent starters in the last 30 years...

There you go. There is your term paper.

Cool, Eli Manning and Jared Goff, now have a nice night.

Top of my head:
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Eli Manning (close to a 1-2 ratio)

Though a lot of the young QBs sat on the sidelines for the first year (and more):
Brady
Rivers
Favre
Rodgers
Mahomes

just to name a few of the top of my head.

You can nitpick numbers as much as you want. It will always be a circle jerk discussion. Rosen is our starting QB for now. You can now decide to root for Josh in hope that he could become our franchise QB or you can root against the Dolphins. The choice is yours.

Cool, Eli Manning and Jared Goff, now have a nice night.
Not quite...both were 1/1.5 and by the time they had as many throws as Rosen has now they were both over 1/1 ratio.

Top of my head:
Troy Aikman
Steve Young
Eli Manning (close to a 1-2 ratio)

Though a lot of the young QBs sat on the sidelines for the first year (and more):
Brady
Rivers
Favre
Rodgers
Mahomes

just to name a few of the top of my head.

You can nitpick numbers as much as you want. It will always be a circle jerk discussion. Rosen is our starting QB for now. You can now decide to root for Josh in hope that he could become our franchise QB or you can root against the Dolphins. The choice is yours.
Young was 34 years ago, Manning didn't quite cut it. But Aikman was a good call...rookie season was 1989. Of course the league has changed tremendously since 89

1989 = 582 TD pass / 559 int; 1.04-to-1 ratio

2018 = 831 TD pass / 390 int; 2.13-to-1 ratio
And the only QB to throw more interceptions than TDs of the 40 QBs with at least 4 TD passes besides Rosen was Josh Allen, but when factoring in TD rush and fumbles lost he had a 18-14 TD-to-TO ratio as compared to Rosen's 11-19 TD-to-TO ratio

lol...I stand corrected as long this season doesn't count b/c Aikman's rookie season would have been 31 years ago if it did, should have said the past 29 years...Sirspud's term paper

Troy Aikman

Last edited:
I'm not LOLing aboiut anything, I'm purely smiling cause I know Miami finally gets it. You need an elite qb to win. Getting one is extremely difficult, but you need one.

You literally typed “LOL” in what I quoted, and didn’t answer the question.

Back
Top Bottom