How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How many wins would Rosen need to prove he’s elite?

I'm not LOLing aboiut anything, I'm purely smiling cause I know Miami finally gets it. You need an elite qb to win. Getting one is extremely difficult, but you need one.

Wow. Are you implying that every team with a winning record had an elite QB?
This word elite is ridiculous. There's about 3 of them in the league currently but you think everybody should just go get them one huh?

Team Rosen all the way, he's got my full support! I've got a good feeling about him.

I would love to go into the draft feeling confident that he's our guy. Tua is no guarantee and I wouldn't be surprised if he busts at the Nfl level.

That's very comforting!

Thanks!

Team Rosen all the way, he's got my full support! I've got a good feeling about him.

I would love to go into the draft feeling confident that he's our guy. Tua is no guarantee and I wouldn't be surprised if he busts at the Nfl level.
Weird, because given his career trajectory so far, Rosen is already heading towards bust territory, yet you're confident in him.

Wonder why...

I'm perfectly fine with drafting Tua or whoever at the end of the year as long as we've given Rosen a fair shot to see what he can do first. I wasn't ok with drafting a QB if we hadn't played Rosen. I thought Rosen would have been better off getting to start the year, and I still question the team's handling of the whole situation, but at least he'll get a shot.

If we win 4 games with him that is a sign he is good. Fitzpatrick can barely score on this team. If Rosen throws for 2 TDs next game he is better than Fitzpatrick has been all season. Simple as that.

I do think we may see Fitzpatrick out there soon anyway. Rosen is bound to get injured.

lol...so far team Rosen has produced 11 TD (pass + run) and 21 turnovers (int + lost fumbles)

A little like seeing a train wreck that's gone off the rails and thinking I've got a good feeling about that train.

Can you tell me how many games the defense will give up under 30 points. Then I can give you a answer about how many wins it will take.

Weird, because given his career trajectory so far, Rosen is already heading towards bust territory, yet you're confident in him.

Wonder why...

The guy's rookie numbers were in the same ballpark as Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Mitch Trubisky, and Jared Goff, yet all those guys got to come into their second season as unquestioned starters because that's how it usually is being a young QB in the NFL. The only reason you can say he is on the path to being a bust is because he hasn't proven he's not yet like a lot of young QB's.

lol...so far team Rosen has produced 11 TD (pass + run) and 21 turnovers (int + lost fumbles)

A little like seeing a train wreck that's gone off the rails and thinking I've got a good feeling about that train.

Or, you know, just a young QB playing to the same statistical levels that many young QB's play to, and doing so on worse teams than most.

The guy's rookie numbers were in the same ballpark as Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Mitch Trubisky, and Jared Goff, yet all those guys got to come into their second season as unquestioned starters because that's how it usually is being a young QB in the NFL. The only reason you can say he is on the path to being a bust is because he hasn't proven he's not yet like a lot of young QB's.
You mention 3 QBs who I think are going to be obvious busts and one guy who is getting propped up by McVay. That's the company you're putting Rosen in that actually makes you comfortable?

LOL.

Rosen isn't elite. He won't be elite.

I wish he wouldn't have this cult following after a meh preseason, but here we are...

I feel like the Cardinals and Dolphins did literally nothing to put Rosen in a position to succeed. Not saying that he would be elite if they did, but the kid certainly outplayed Fitzpatrick in the preseason.

I really don’t get the love for tua. He’s on the best team in college football. We don’t even know what we have in Rosen yet. If he pans out we can build around him with our draft picks. Sounds a lot better than drafting tua who could be a bust in the nfl

It's not solely about wins but I will say that after an abysmal start the stage has definitely been set for him to prove himself. I doubt it will happen overnight but if he can miraculously turn this season around, put the team on his shoulders, lead the team and chain together an impressive seven game win streak to finish the season then we might need to reevaluate. I just don't see this happening though because I don't think there's a QB in the league capable of turning this situation around. We just have too many broken parts and I would be surprised if Rosen makes it through the season without going to IR. The odds couldn't be more stacked against him but if we end the season with a winning record then I believe he's proved something. Maybe not elite - but definitely proved something. (Allow me to go back to drinking my JD now, lol)

Wins not the measure. Tannehill could get you 7 from the day he started.

ya know what. **** that man. the ONLY game in 7 years i EVER remember tannehill winning was that home game vs the falcons. 1 ****ing game in 7 years. hence why he's holding a clipboard right now.

Back
Top Bottom