How will Flores regain respect of team after a historically bad season? (Analysis) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How will Flores regain respect of team after a historically bad season? (Analysis)

It's ALWAYS best to make final judgements early, even before you have substantial evidence to base it on.

So it was a more attractive job last year when our owner was talking about tanking to potential candidates and we had no QB? Compare to this upcoming offseason where the bandaid will have been pulled off already and we probably have a two picks in the top ten and over $120 million in cap space?

So it was a more attractive job last year when our owner was talking about tanking to potential candidates and we had no QB? Compare to this upcoming offseason where the bandaid will have been pulled off already and we probably have a two picks in the top ten and over $120 million in cap space?
I was referring to you already assuming our coach is no big loss...

I was referring to you already assuming our coach is no big loss...

Nothing against Flores. Maybe he is good but if we keep heading down the path we are can you really say its a big loss? I'd rather have any offensive coach to be honest. Keep the offensive philosophy the same over multiple years instead of having to hire a new OC once your offense does good. Defensive schemes are much easier to change out than offensive schemes.

As far as Harbaugh if he is struggling in Michigan I am not sure I am a fan. We have had a lot of name coaches in here before and imo if they struggle with a big name college team like Michigan then they will probably struggle here.

Flores has until game 8 for me to evaluate progress. The roster should be settled somewhat so we can measurehis ability to coach and develop talent. Some of his roster decisions I have questioned as far as who plays where. Hopefully he proves me wrong. I really just want to see wbatever players on tbe roster improve which indicates we have the right coach.

Grier is another matter. He has made decent trades so thats a plus next he has to find good free agent values without over paying and hit on the picks. His background in the past is a bit murkey because of the other parties involved. We shall see.

Most of these players who get most of the snaps would not get much playing time else-where.
It’s like an internship.

So everyone needs to recalibrate.

Flores is not getting fired - even if we go 0-16...

We have $150 million to spend and a HUGE draft haul coming so let’s go!!!

Flores and Grier are bulletproof until the end of next season as it should be, everyone needs time to develop and grow, especially with a roster like this and the draft capital we have.

Flores and Grier are bulletproof until the end of next season as it should be, everyone needs time to develop and grow, especially with a roster like this and the draft capital we have.

Sucks for some of us that even under the circumstances Flores has not impressed one iota in anyway

Nothing against Flores. Maybe he is good but if we keep heading down the path we are can you really say its a big loss? I'd rather have any offensive coach to be honest. Keep the offensive philosophy the same over multiple years instead of having to hire a new OC once your offense does good. Defensive schemes are much easier to change out than offensive schemes.
No I can't say it would be. I'm just surprised anyone can say one way or the other already

Sucks for some of us that even under the circumstances Flores has not impressed one iota in anyway

He hasn't impressed YOU. But some of us that are actually watching the game see improvements from Week 1 to Week 3. We see a team that lost terribly in all phases of the game in Week 1 to a team in Week 2 and Week 3, with literally no talent, keep it close in the first half against the defending SB champions and a predicted SB team.

This staff is doing a good job with the talent at hand. But with any staff there are always improvements that can be made.

Offensive coach like Gase? Howd that go? Hows it going with the Jets?

OP, my question is, how many of these players will be around next season to disrespect the coaches?

It's not fair to put any of this on Flores. It's JV out there.

By winning. Dumb question.

Ultimately, isn't that the cure for everything in sports? That's pretty much the crteria for every coach from Belicheat to Shula.

All this talk about Brain Flores isn't the right guy blah blah blah goes away if and when the team starts winning.

Clearly, That isn't this year. But the meter starts running next year!

Year 1: Doesn't count..Just develop and evaluate
Year 2: Give me at least 5 wins next year
Year 3: Give me at least 8 wins the year after
Year 4: Give me a must playoff the year after that.

Back
Top Bottom