How Would Feeley Perform In Another System? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Feeley Perform In Another System?

DrAstroZoom said:
IF AJ can't succeed in the Linehan system, he won't succeed anywhere.

Hopefully Feeley will succeed in Lienhan's offense. I am pulling for Feeley to show all the doubters that he can be a good starting QB.

DrAstroZoom said:
IF AJ can't succeed in the Linehan system, he won't succeed anywhere.

Excelant point. I have been an AJ supporter from the begining. AJ on paper is a very good fit for Linehans system. He has a good arm and if you give him time he will make good reads. Linehans system is fast and does not put too much pressure on the quarterback. If Feeley does not thrive in this system, I will be the first one label him a bust

PhiNomina said:
He's not a new QB, he has been in the league for 4-5 years. He isn't a rookie and shouldn't be treated like one. We are the only team I know that would consider our "QB of the future" to be a former 5th? round pick who sat the bench for 3 years and somehow vaulted him to 2nd round value. I hope he plays well because I want to see the team win of course...but at the same time I would rather have used that 2nd on a developmental QB that was younger and had proven more in college.

My god youd think with the number of self-proclaimed qb experts on this board at least one of you would be a qb coach somewhere :shakeno: You guys keep throwing out partial facts trying to give teh illusion they are the whole story. WRONG! AJ may never be a great qb, that aint the point. The point is you haters keep acting as if you know for fact what AJ's ceiling is. AJ was a 5th rd pick because he was injured seriously in college and thus lost his job, thus not providing enough data for scouts to evaluate him. The fact that he was drafted at all with a total of 8 games played in college is the opposite end of the coin all "haters" fail to mention. And yes players do lose their job due to injury in college, in college, teams dont get a superstar and a serviceable backup, they recruit players that they believe will be very good players behind the starters, so in AJ's case he gets hurt, they have the future qb behind him and he plays a year and excels, the team goes with the hot hand. AJ was a backup in Philli yes, but you portray it as he was sitting behind Cade McNown rather than the #3 overall in Donovan McNabb. You then come back with the very debateable argument he couldnt beat out Detmer. Yet you fail to PROVE that had McNabb been out long term or not there that AJ would not have been the guy. I cant prove the other side either, not saying I can, just saying it is all speculation, the fact is McNabb was and is their guy so there was no way to find out what they would have done for fact had the circumstances been diff. That doesnt say that AJ didnt or doesnt have a future because he was a backup at philli. Funny how everyone downgrades AJ for being a backup on a team with a high profile qb yet champions a career journeyman backup, but that is somehow ok because of a 4 game period he did well as a backup. Funny Holcomb looked awesome in relief yet blew when he was thee guy. History is riddled with backups coming in in relief and looking great and then when they start, they suck. Yep AJ could be one, but he deserves teh chance to show it with a real supporting cast in an NFL proven system. If he loses teh battle in camp, then it is his fault, and maybe he doesnt have it and if he cant beat out Gus he doesnt deserve it. The diff is AJ wasnt a backup on multiple teams over a 5 to 8 yr period before anyone thought he could possibly be a starter. Gus got a chance early to start, got benched, git cut, traveled to several teams, got another chance to start, got benched again and let go again. Trust me, if AJ starts then is benched, starts again and is benched again, then I will not be in his corner. But if you think partial facts and STATS alone are the sole basis, you are wrong.

rickeyrunsover said:
My god youd think with the number of self-proclaimed qb experts on this board at least one of you would be a qb coach somewhere :shakeno: You guys keep throwing out partial facts trying to give teh illusion they are the whole story. WRONG! AJ may never be a great qb, that aint the point. The point is you haters keep acting as if you know for fact what AJ's ceiling is. AJ was a 5th rd pick because he was injured seriously in college and thus lost his job, thus not providing enough data for scouts to evaluate him. The fact that he was drafted at all with a total of 8 games played in college is the opposite end of the coin all "haters" fail to mention. And yes players do lose their job due to injury in college, in college, teams dont get a superstar and a serviceable backup, they recruit players that they believe will be very good players behind the starters, so in AJ's case he gets hurt, they have the future qb behind him and he plays a year and excels, the team goes with the hot hand. AJ was a backup in Philli yes, but you portray it as he was sitting behind Cade McNown rather than the #3 overall in Donovan McNabb. You then come back with the very debateable argument he couldnt beat out Detmer. Yet you fail to PROVE that had McNabb been out long term or not there that AJ would not have been the guy. I cant prove the other side either, not saying I can, just saying it is all speculation, the fact is McNabb was and is their guy so there was no way to find out what they would have done for fact had the circumstances been diff. That doesnt say that AJ didnt or doesnt have a future because he was a backup at philli. Funny how everyone downgrades AJ for being a backup on a team with a high profile qb yet champions a career journeyman backup, but that is somehow ok because of a 4 game period he did well as a backup. Funny Holcomb looked awesome in relief yet blew when he was thee guy. History is riddled with backups coming in in relief and looking great and then when they start, they suck. Yep AJ could be one, but he deserves teh chance to show it with a real supporting cast in an NFL proven system. If he loses teh battle in camp, then it is his fault, and maybe he doesnt have it and if he cant beat out Gus he doesnt deserve it. The diff is AJ wasnt a backup on multiple teams over a 5 to 8 yr period before anyone thought he could possibly be a starter. Gus got a chance early to start, got benched, git cut, traveled to several teams, got another chance to start, got benched again and let go again. Trust me, if AJ starts then is benched, starts again and is benched again, then I will not be in his corner. But if you think partial facts and STATS alone are the sole basis, you are wrong.

Good post dude.

TARHEEL38 said:
For all you people out there who use the excuss of the system, Oline, and bad supporting cast, was the reason AJ was not a starting caliber QB last year, I have one question for you. If AJ would have been that solid with a better system, Oline, and cast, does that mean Fielder would have been a probowler? Since Jay played in the early part of the year when the Oline played the worst, and he was still learning the system and he clearly outplayed AJ, (Check the stats) I guess that means all you AJ lovers must have cried when you realized the best QB was not going to be on the team this year.

If those excusses work for AJ, then why not for Jay? He played in the same system. Don't try and use the AJ is a rookie crap either. He's not, he is just a 3rd stringer with less talent, less mobility, who can throw a little better deepout, although never on target. Gus is our only hope to be a .500 team this year. Deal with it.:shakeno:

OK here we go, one the same thing does apply to Jay as far o-line and rb go, the diff is, we saw what Jay could do with a supporting cast. He did fine as long as that supporting cast was playing at their best, but when they couldnt, he couldnt. Even when Ricky had an "un" Ricky type day or the defense struggled a little, they were still their and had to be acounted for, all Jay had to do was pick up his game and he couldnt consistently. Can AJ? Dont know, that is what we want to find out. AJ never has had that threat of a run, no play action the defenses had to respect, no o-line that could pick up a blitz. Jay faced the same last year, but at least he had his chance with a better supporting cast and his celing was proven, AJ's hasnt, no matter wht yours or my opinion is.

rickeyrunsover said:
U always fighting with someone about Feeley.U have over 3000 posts here at FinHeaven i bet half of them are fighting over Feeley.U are in every Feeley thread here at FinHeaven.Are u like his brother or cusin or something?:D

fish fan 4 life said:
U always fighting with someone about Feeley.U have over 3000 posts here at FinHeaven i bet half of them are fighting over Feeley.U are in every Feeley thread here at FinHeaven.Are u like his brother or cusin or something?:D
Could be heather ? ;)

usf dolfan23 said:
I honestly think if put in the right system Feely has the tools to be a good quarterback. I could see him being a Jake Delhomme type player. I think our offense is going in the right direction, and if given a chance Feely will shine.

Yeah im with you hopefully we can see how good he is next year, once he has learned the system. He has the weapons, he just needs experience, but its sad that we will be a getting a new QB most likely next year.

I don't think he'd have the opportunity to start on many other teams. I guess people say he has the physical tools to play the position, i've yet to see them fully displayed, but what good is having all the physical ability if ya can't get down the mental side of the game. Ryan Leaf had great physical ability but no mental ability, Jeff George had one of the strongest arms i've ever seen but he couldn't get down the mental side of the game. On the flip side a QB like Fiedler who had marginal physical ability but had the mental ability could not be consistent because he just was not good enough to make all the throws that a QB has to make in the league. If Aj does not win the starting job in camp, he's a career backup, if he wins the job than I hope he gets an opportunity to play several games before anyone is talking about benching him or how terrible he is. The same can be said for Gus except Gus definately is not the long term solution for the Phins, and if he wins the job Qb is the pick in the 1st rd if I had the choice. I don't want the Qb to be constantly looking over his shoulder worrying about being benched like last year, stability is key for any offense to be good IMO, and whoever wins the job should get enough playing time til we can see whether they'll work at QB. Saying Aj showed enough to be drafted in the 5th rd has absolutely no merit with me, Cassel from USC showed enough to be drafted in the 6th by Belicheck and I don't even know if he ever started a game at USC.

Feeley will either start for us this year, or be in the Arena league next year! It's all in his hands!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Feeley will either start for us this year, or be in the Arena league next year! It's all in his hands!
U think he could start in the arena league?:D

Back
Top Bottom