How Would Feeley Perform In Another System? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

How Would Feeley Perform In Another System?

rickeyrunsover said:
My god youd think with the number of self-proclaimed qb experts on this board at least one of you would be a qb coach somewhere :shakeno:

hey, i coach junior high qbs, that's gotta count for something ;)

Why does Lostman Have more upside than AJ. Hey Justa he seems injury prone lets face at least AJ can take some punishment.

fish fan 4 life said:
U always fighting with someone about Feeley.U have over 3000 posts here at FinHeaven i bet half of them are fighting over Feeley.U are in every Feeley thread here at FinHeaven.Are u like his brother or cusin or something?:D

I dont always fight with everybody, I agree with many. Funny if you disagree with a point someone has made, you give the other side as you see it, it is called debate. Get it? You dont see me arguing much in other threads, cuase generally none are heated topics like teh qb position. Many are opinions that do not spark a debate, are not controversial and generally I agree with much. Much is wish lists or hopes or thoughts. Some I respond some I dont but are not debateable, discussable, yes, debateable no. I talk about many subjects, argue a few.

Trouble is is that all you could come up with in response to my post is "wow you ahve over 3000 posts and I bet half are about AJ." Uh no for one, many are on Jay, many on Roicky, CC Randy, JT anbd Zach. Quite a few on Wanny, Rs and Saban. Some on Wayne, some on Shula and Marino, a couple on csonk and teh Marks brothers. Well those are the ones I remember. Now what the _ does that have to do with the point?

fish fan 4 life said:
U always fighting with someone about Feeley.U have over 3000 posts here at FinHeaven i bet half of them are fighting over Feeley.U are in every Feeley thread here at FinHeaven.Are u like his brother or cusin or something?:D

Rickeyrunsover backs Feeley more then others? yes, but he has an open mind about it. He has more faith in AJ then others, but also agrees that it's time for him to step up.

I have had many debates with him, sometimes we agree, sometimes we agree to disagree. But he makes good points, even if I don't always agree with them.

I have been called an AJ hater because I have my doubts with him, yet I always say I hope he pans out. I just don't think he will, does that make me a hater?

Rickyruns has said he has some doubts, but thinks AJ will make it, does that make him a AJ lover?

This site is about talking and debating things about the Fins, AJ happens to be a big debate and still to this day, a unknown mostly.

We will find out with the new system during training camp if AJ can step it up. If he does, it only helps the Fins. If he dosen't we move on to the next love hate relationship!:cry:

fin13 said:
Why does Lostman Have more upside than AJ. Hey Justa he seems injury prone lets face at least AJ can take some punishment.
1 broken leg and he's injury prone?

Disnardo said:
Well if AJ was average than McNabb was a slow learner...

AJ had better numbers with Phili in his first 7 games than McNabb in his first 22 games.

AJ had a 79.3% QBR, a 6.87 YPA, and a 57% comp ratio, compared to McNabb's 72.9% QBR, 5.49 YPA, and a 55% comp ratio averaged between 1999 and 2000.

AJ stats in Phili showed that he could be be better than McNabb, maybe thats why so many Eagles fan wanted him to start. Needless to say, McNabb was a No 1# pick, and alot of money invested on him to start.

I think AJ can play up to his potential, will he show consistency? That's what I have in question, and not consistancy in throwing a pick for a TD either ;)...

yet most Feeley supporters forget this one little thing. All he did was make sure he didn't lose the game.....

case in point....

these were the games he started in Philly in 2002:

St. Louis W
@ Seattle W
Washington W
@ Dallas W
@ Giants L

he threw 0 TDs in the win against St. Louis with a QB rating of 66.1
he threw 2 TDs and a pick against Seattle
he threw 2 TDs and a pick against Washington
he threw 1 TD and 2 picks against Dallas with a rating of 66.9
he threw 0 TDs and a pick against the Giants in the loss

Now people talk about how Feeley did so well. But if you look into it further, he didn't beat anybody good. In all of his starts, he only played 1 playoff team (the Giants) and he lost. The others:

St. Louis (7-9)
Seattle (7-9)
Washington (7-9)
Dallas (5-11)
Giants (10-6)

St. Louis Def 23.1 PPG against
Seattle Def 23.1 PPG against
Washington 22.8 PPG against
Dallas 20.6 PPG against
Giants 18.7 PPG against

His numbers weren't even that good playing against the non-playoff teams. He wasn't playing against Juggernaut D's. The Eagles got what they thought they would. A fifth rounder that wouldn't lose them games. But people here on the Fins board apparently think that just because he was traded for a second that he has somehow transformed into a better QB. All of this Feeley talk would have been moot had he been traded for a second day pick.

Some people on here will go fighting to the end of the Earth for Feeley, yet never stick up for Wade Smith or Lamar. Wade was essentially selected with 2 choices (Carey has too, but has shown improvement) when they moved up for him. Gordon was traded for a first day pick, yet nobody here stood up for him and said...."Awww, he got a rough deal last year, he has potential, he should start" But they will talk about how Feeley didnt have a chance, and should somehow just be handed the job.

Feeley didnt play great down the stretch either, I dont know what people's idea of great play is but I saw most of those games and they werent inspiring Qb play. Ive never seen people get so excited because a Qb played mediocre. His play was so disturbingly bad that when he looked halfway decent people starting getting exciting. He never looked great, he has to play better than he did down the stretch for us to be a decent team. Lets face it, when youre in a Qb competition with Gus Frerotte youre not a very good Qb.

fin13 said:

so if AJ broke his leg he would've been playing? PLEASE!

Say what you want about Feeley playing through pain, but he doesn't hold a candle to the warrior that Jay was.

finfansince72 said:
Feeley didnt play great down the stretch either, I dont know what people's idea of great play is but I saw most of those games and they werent inspiring Qb play. Ive never seen people get so excited because a Qb played mediocre. His play was so disturbingly bad that when he looked halfway decent people starting getting exciting. He never looked great, he has to play better than he did down the stretch for us to be a decent team. Lets face it, when youre in a Qb competition with Gus Frerotte youre not a very good Qb.

Summarized this QB situation eloquently you have. Stuck with two-substandard QB's we are.

Yoda said:
Summarized this QB situation eloquently you have. Stuck with two-substandard QB's we are.

Dude are you going to talk like Yoda in all of your posts?

I think Feeley is Jake Delhomme typed qb. Feeley would take Dolphins to AFC Champions in next few years and finally in Super Bowl after 2nd try in AFC Champs. in next years. Feeley could be 4 or 5 times 4 quarterback comeback to win the game like Delhomme did in his Super Bowl season.

Remember MNF vs Patriots he passed 3 TD and 0 int.

Back
Top Bottom