I hope we lose to the Jets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we lose to the Jets

Hear me out. I almost never like to root for a loss, but I really really don't want the Jets to be picking 1st in next years draft. I like Tua, but he's not in Lawrence's league. If the Jets get Lawrence, he's going to be kicking our butts for a next 15 years. What better way to screw the Jets, then giving them some meaningless wins thus ensuring they wander the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Let them take some overhyped athlete like Fields or Lance if they want a QB.

I understand this line of thinking.

However, try thinking about it *this* way: If Miami beats the Jets like they beat the Niners, it’s going to hasten the Gase firing. I know the NY FO line of “we don’t want to stunt Sam Darnold’s growth” bit, suggesting they’re going to keep Gase all year.

If Miami does to them what they did to SF yesterday, the FO might change their minds. And I don’t know that the Jets are the worst team in football without Gase as HC.

Hear me out. I almost never like to root for a loss, but I really really don't want the Jets to be picking 1st in next years draft. I like Tua, but he's not in Lawrence's league. If the Jets get Lawrence, he's going to be kicking our butts for a next 15 years. What better way to screw the Jets, then giving them some meaningless wins thus ensuring they wander the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Let them take some overhyped athlete like Fields or Lance if they want a QB.
So how do you know this?

I don't care if the Jets pick first. Miami isn't taking a QB so it really doesn't matter in fact the only place it matters is if Miami ends up second and some other team needs a QB but is picking just inside the top 10. Then that pick will be GOLD, pure trade back gold.

Can't we root for another opponent of there's to lose to them? Why does it need to be us?

the Jets have a long history of turning top talent into draft busts. i'm not concerned at all about it. Look at their last ten picks...

2020: Beckton = Good, Gase made him play hurt and he's pissed
2019: Williams = already leaning toward Bust
2018: Darnold = Bust
2017: Adams = Good, demanded trade
2016: Lee = Bust
2015: Williams = Bust
2014: Pryor = Bust
2013: Milliner = Bust
2013: Richardson = Good
2012: Coples = Bust

If the Jets were a functional organization I might think the OP has a point, the Jets are not, the OP doesn’t.

1602522627230.png

the Jets have a long history of turning top talent into draft busts. i'm not concerned at all about it. Look at their last ten picks...

2020: Beckton = Good, Gase made him play hurt and he's pissed
2019: Williams = already leaning toward Bust
2018: Darnold = Bust
2017: Adams = Good, demanded trade
2016: Lee = Bust
2015: Williams = Bust
2014: Pryor = Bust
2013: Milliner = Bust
2013: Richardson = Good
2012: Coples = Bust

Go all the way back to the trade up for Butt Fumble!

Clown post..

Back
Top Bottom