I hope we lose to the Jets | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we lose to the Jets

I watched Lawrence again last night against Miami he is still a one read QB who runs a lot and happens to have a big arm -

The plays may be designed that way but in the NFL D Coordinators like a QB who ticks and runs it doesn’t translate into a long career

So yes We have seen this story play out a number of times

Give me the cerebral QB types who can run when necessary like A Rodgers

I think you made a great point here. He is surrounded by 6’4 5 star guys but Tua played on a loaded team not him it’s all Trevor there at Clemson.

After a year of tape and ability to a scheme people have made Lamar Jackson look pretty rank and file at QB he isn’t burning the world down setting record after record. So you can’t cruise by on ability alone in the NFL, gotta adjust week to week.

Smart accurate QBs with some athleticism are the guys who last long. Lawrence has cruised by in superior talent and having stacked rosters in conference that should give away their automatic playoff berth card because that conference regardless of rank of teams is all show and no play.

He is talented but isnt without his struggles he isnt Marino or Elway. Let the season play out the Jets won’t end up with number one overall. And if they want to use all that capital they got from the Adams trade to get there; let them then they will still have a **** roster and no picks to surround a QB with talent. TL is good but he cannot carry a franchise by himself. He barely has to do much lifting with Clemson let’s not jump him to elite without ever facing adversity or taking a NFL snap.

I think you made a great point here. He is surrounded by 6’4 5 star guys but Tua played on a loaded team not him it’s all Trevor there at Clemson.

After a year of tape and ability to a scheme people have made Lamar Jackson look pretty rank and file at QB he isn’t burning the world down setting record after record. So you can’t cruise by on ability alone in the NFL, gotta adjust week to week.

Smart accurate QBs with some athleticism are the guys who last long. Lawrence has cruised by in superior talent and having stacked rosters in conference that should give away their automatic playoff berth card because that conference regardless of rank of teams is all show and no play.

He is talented but isnt without his struggles he isnt Marino or Elway. Let the season play out the Jets won’t end up with number one overall. And if they want to use all that capital they got from the Adams trade to get there; let them then they will still have a **** roster and no picks to surround a QB with talent. TL is good but he cannot carry a franchise by himself. He barely has to do much lifting with Clemson let’s not jump him to elite without ever facing adversity or taking a NFL snap.
Don’t get me wrong I like him I would draft him but he is not cerebral

The Trevor hate is beginning to go a little far on this board. I don’t have any doubts that he’ll be a fine NFL quarterback. At this point he’s not someone I want to avoid like the plague though - I also imagine darnold is gonna get another go in NY. I can’t imagine they don’t give him one last shot

Exactly, much like Andrew Luck he won’t live up to his hype. Don’t get me wrong Luck was very good and I know this but if you listened to the way people talked about him you’d think he won 7 Super Bowls and 7 passing titles. Nobody could have ever lived up to how much hype surrounded Andrew Luck.

I always laughed because if the Colts won a Super Bowl in Lucks 10th or 11th season after what was 2 or 3 rebuilds folks would act like supposedly tanking for Luck in 2012 was the reason. That always cracked me up but we’ll never know.

There's no way you can have a mind set like that. Lose to Gase so he doesn't get Lawrence?? We have Tua, who Nick Saban is sky high on and that's good enough for me. That and the fact that I saw Tua constantly excel at Ala. He seems to have a gear that other QBs lack as far as vision and leading receivers with perfect passes. He has great accuracy and is every bit the prospect that TL is imo. Right now the hype machine is making a huge star out of TL and he's backing it up with his stellar play. This is the era of the QB because there are suddenly a bunch of highly touted youngsters at the QB position. Guys like Mayfield, Murray, Herbert, Jackson, Allen, Burrow, Darnold, Wentz and Mahomes will be the faces of the NFL for a while. Lawrence will fit in with that group somewhere but nobody can say where. Right now TL is on an All Star team and he looks unbeatable but as we've seen he can be a bust like Brady Quinn or a man who redefines the NFL like Lamar Jackson. No one can say with certainty how his NFL career will go so I don't fear him going to the Jets. The Jet's just spent a #1 on Darnold, would they even draft Lawrence? Gase couldn't win no matter who they had at QB because Gase is a loser and a fraud as Head Coach.
I saw TL yet again this year throw to his primary read he isn’t coached to look off the defence - he is a scheme QB with good wheels (long legs) and has a willingness to put his body at harm

In my opinion a better long term prospect than Burrow who I believe will never get the ball consistently over the top of the D - He is more adept at the dunk and dunk - Lawrence can definitely get the ball deep He has a cannon but I believe he has been coached to win now - he is not being developed for the next level

I think Tua is a student of the game a complete eat sleep and drink football type - very heady Still growing his game

TL reminds me of Josh Allen

Tua reminds me of R Wilson

the Jets have a long history of turning top talent into draft busts. i'm not concerned at all about it. Look at their last ten picks...

2020: Beckton = Good, Gase made him play hurt and he's pissed
2019: Williams = already leaning toward Bust
2018: Darnold = Bust
2017: Adams = Good, demanded trade
2016: Lee = Bust
2015: Williams = Bust
2014: Pryor = Bust
2013: Milliner = Bust
2013: Richardson = Good
2012: Coples = Bust

Or they just pick busts lol, chicken and the egg

The OP is the very definition of trolling. Go into a site and post the most heretical thought possible while keeping a straight 'face'.

If you put Lawrence into a shitty situation, he's going to fail. Just like Darnold is doing. Both are good QBs, but it's all about the situation you get put into. NY and Gase are toxic.

I do not see it in Lawrence. He is a good QB, but I just do not see it. Fields IMO is the much better option and would hate to see him in NY.

I can see how my post could come off as trolling and it may sound somewhat ridiculous on the surface. I just think Trevor is the real deal and him being on the Jets scares me. I've hated the Jets with a burning passion since I was a kid back in the 80's. Those Jets/Dolphins matchups with Marino vs O'Brien made me a Jets hater for life. The Patriots could win 20 more Super Bowls and the Jets would still be my most hated team. Even when I see someone down here in South Florida wearing a Jets jersey or t-shirt, it's like garlic to a vampire for me. I'm also a big Trevor fan and picturing him wearing that pukey green color is enough to make me absolutely nauseous.

Back
Top Bottom