I Want A ****ing Italian To Be Next Dolphins Coach: Vic Fangio | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Want A ****ing Italian To Be Next Dolphins Coach: Vic Fangio

I wonder if Fangio would come with a “coach in waiting.” Basically calm the waters, get the team competitive, maybe a trending upwards fringe playoff team, then turn it over to a protege. Just say this because of his age.

Bruce Arians is my top choice, but I don't think he's coming back to coaching, and if he does, it's still doubtful he comes to Miami--although I'd make a big pitch to get him here.

Vic Fangio is an extremely successful coach who would build a strong defense. He's also a veteran coach who might attract someone to rebuild the offense. There aren't a lot of great coaching candidates out there, but we would be fortunate to get someone like Fangio, and of the people we've asked permission to meet with, Vic Fangio is the best of the bunch, IMHO.

I ****ing say you know a lot too. We Italians do that a lot. Go figure. HAHAHA!! I like him. I liked Tony Sparano too RIP.

He is the only coach who gave us 11 win season since 1999-2000 when we had the German man Dave Wannstadt.

I got one better for you okay:

C'e luna mezz'o mare Mamma mia m'a maritare Figlia mia a cu te dare Mamma mia pensace tu Se te piglio lu pesciaiole Isse vai isse vene Sempe lu pesce mane tene Se ce 'ncappa la fantasia Te pesculia figghiuzza mia Là lariulà pesce fritt'e baccalà Uei cumpà no calamare c'eggi'accattà (Basic English translation of above) There's a moon in the middle of the sea Mother, I want get married Girl, but to whom I would give you Mother, you should take care of this If I choose for you the fisherman He goes and he comes He always holds the fish in his hands If he gets an idea He could fish you, my little girl (BTW, the Italian word for fish is also slang for dick.) Ohh Mama La la la la la la Ohh Mama La la la la la la Mamma dear come over hear And see who's looking in my window It's the baker boy and look he's got a cannoli in his hands If you marry the baker boy He will come and he will go He will always mix the flower in the pan If you marry the baker boy He'll have a cannoli in his hand Ohh Mama La la la la la la Ohh Mama La la la la la la Mamma dear come over hear And see who's looking in the window It's the musician and hes got An instrument in his hands If you marry the musician He will come and he will go He will always be playing in the band If you marry the musician He'll have the trumpet in his hand Ohh Mama La la la la la la Ohh Mama La la la la la la C' 'na luna mezz'u mare Mamma mia m'a maritare Figlia mia a cu te dare Mamma mia pensace tu

Fangio strikes me as a very credible candidate for Head Coach based on his vast experience on Defense. However, I struggle to understand why the OP felt the need to bring his Italian heritage into the discussion. Does it matter if Fangio has Calabrese or Sicilian or Napolitano or Tuscan or Bolognese - Italian heritage? For that matter, does who cares if he's of Irish, Dutch, Lithuanian Jew, Chinese or Transylvanian transexual vampire heritage - we need someone who understands football and inspires leadership and also has the ability to develop talent. It doesn't matter to me if he has an Offense/Defense/Special Teams experience.
In a way, Vic Fangio represents a Mike Zimmer type of coaching candidate. Zimmer, as you are probably aware had enjoyed a vast proven defensive philosophy with a tough, strict no nonsense approach to discipline on Defense. There had been a reticence to appoint him as a Head Coach, because it was not perceived as a sexy pick like the latest hot Offensive Coordinator. However, Minnesota Vikings gave him a go and they progressively improved under him until this season.
Hey, I hoped Adam Gase would succeed but progressively his limitations were exposed. His success in Denver was all about exploiting matchups and in Peyton Manning, he was lucky enough to have an elite QB who knew exactly what he was doing. Make no mistake, Gase can succeed again on Offense when he has a top QB and a lot of talent around him. Tannehill's deficiencies have also been exposed in recent weeks. Yes, he's got a pretty accurate arm. Yes, he's a deceptively tough soldier. Yes, he has decent character and won't get into trouble off the field or say something stupid in front of a camera (cough Jameis). However, what has been exposed over and over again is that he completely lacks instincts when his protection breaks down. In comparison, Russell Wilson, Roethlisberger, Brady and even some of the young emerging athletic QBs all seem to have much better instincts than Tannehill - and if Mr Ross is paying $19M a year for a QB, maybe he can get one not completely devoid of instincts.
If Fangio gets the job in Miami, he's going to need good coaches around him - particularly on Offense, but he's also going to need a good QB (who can remain healthy and hopefully with decent instincts when under pressure).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom