I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp)

How many times do I need to continually post this:

- Lack of size, speed, arm strength, mobility, ability to throw on the run, holding the ball too long (in college and now in the pros), reading defenses beyond the first read...should I keep going?
Posting the same crap over and over does not make it correct.

Uh, everyone has this great notion that him working hard this offseason is some big thing. He should be working to get bigger and stronger. That's his job. Why does everyone think his grand offseason workout regimen is something out of the ordinary?

the 12th ranked defense is lousy? how about the Patriots(#7) or the Rams(#1)?
Did you actually watch the Cardinals game? the scored was tied 5 different times and Tua lead two 4th quarter scoring drives to seal a come from behind win 34-31. yes, that's the game

He also threw two dropped INT, spun in the wrong direction blindly and got lucky, and we needed a defensive score to win.

It was definitely his best game and he showed some skills but its not the elite performance some say it was.

His decision making was much better against the Chargers in my opinion.

Decision making is the most important factor to me personally

First you said they were "Lousy", now they are average even though they ranked 12 in scoring defense, and they are 32 teams. At least we're getting somewhere. Now what about his performance against Belichick's top 8 defense? The coach who destroys rookie quarterbacks, including Justin Herbert? Or how about his performance against KC?

To suggest Tua didn't have any positive performances in his rookie season, or showed some high level processing means you don't know what you're watching. Especially considering the totality of the situation with him coming off an injury in a covid season, and having an injury depleted receiver room down the stretch. But if you're dug down deep in your position, because he doesn't fit the physical profile of a QB prospect that you desire, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. Even when it ends up dead wrong.
What about his performance against Belichik's defense? 3.45 ypa? Dude, gimme a break. He had 20 completions for 145 yards. We ran for 250 yards that day!!! That is so laughable. Again, bring me an argument. Show me something and stop making excuses for him. HE WAS NOT GOOD IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD!!!

Uh, everyone has this great notion that him working hard this offseason is some big thing. He should be working to get bigger and stronger. That's his job. Why does everyone think his grand offseason workout regimen is something out of the ordinary?
They don't. This happens every offseason with whatever popular player. It only bothers you because this time it's Tua.

Wow the front office had no clue. You should've sent this to them predraft. How can you see things so clearly when they can't? Boggles my mind!

Mind Blown GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
I am Grier and Flores's biggest advocate. That doesn't mean I agree with them on every pick. I love the holier than thou people on here who think they are brilliant. Go back and watch Tua play last year and tell me in any sense of watching QB play in the NFL that you think he was good. BTW, how many times did Flores yank him and the team made a comeback immediately? With the most average of QBs. Now, when you show me some proof that he was even decent, then come back to me.

Posting the same crap over and over does not make it correct.
It does when you can't respond with a rebuttal. When you and all the others show that he's worthy of the praise you lay on him, I will gladly admit I'm wrong. Until then, it holds true.

I don't care about statistics. He threw dropped interceptions left and right more than any QB I've ever watched before.

Then you probably didn’t watch much of Josh Allen, and you’re REALLY not gonna like this stat: The QB with the most dropped interceptions last year was Josh Allen.

They don't. This happens every offseason with whatever popular player. It only bothers you because this time it's Tua.
I think you have missed several of my posts. Number one, it doesn't bother me. I said I'm glad he's working hard if you read above. However, it should be no surprise. Number two, I've said numerous times over the last few months, Tua doing well serves my team well. I want him to do well. I'm arguing against those that put him on a pedestal based on the fact that he put up college numbers. That means nothing. It means nothing for anyone coming into the league, especially one that has obvious holes in his game. Maybe temper your expectations a bit and the disappointment won't be so harsh later if he fails. So many on this board are just gung ho that "well, now he's going to do it because he's got his weapons." Weapons mean nothing if you can't read a defense. Weapons mean nothing if you cannot improvise. Weapons mean nothing if you continue your pattern of holding the ball too long. For all the talk of his great accuracy, I saw that under 7 yards. Can we see that on the deep balls? These are legitimate questions. What made Drew Brees so great was his ability to process. He's one of the smartest to ever play. That made up for his lack of size. He still only won one super bowl. These are the areas he needs to improve on. These are legitimate questions.

Yes, I've posted the same thing over and over but it does not change the facts...Nobody can come up with a rebuttal to my argument. I get he's only had nine games. I get all of the excuses but they are just that...excuses. His job is to be a football player. So, yes, I'm glad he's put in a lot of time this offseason but if he wants to have any chance, he should!!

He also threw two dropped INT, spun in the wrong direction blindly and got lucky, and we needed a defensive score to win.

It was definitely his best game and he showed some skills but its not the elite performance some say it was.

Correct and it has to be if you're smaller with limited mobility, ala Drew Brees. You have to be able to process. Also, throwing the ball away when it's warranted.

Then you probably didn’t watch much of Josh Allen, and you’re REALLY not gonna like this stat: The QB with the most dropped interceptions last year was Josh Allen.
Or buttfumble.

It does when you can't respond with a rebuttal. When you and all the others show that he's worthy of the praise you lay on him, I will gladly admit I'm wrong. Until then, it holds true.

Hi there! This post contains two of the biggest logical fallacies in debating:

1) Opinions cannot be right or wrong, by definition. They’re not statements of fact. So it won’t be true or untrue. It’s just how you feel. And...you’ve made that very clear.

2) “If you cannot prove that what I say is wrong, it must be right” is known as “Argumentum ad Ignorantiam,” or an appeal to ignorance. It’s a fallacy.

Just because someone can’t prove your opinions wrong certainly doesn’t make you right.

How many times do I need to continually post this:

- Lack of size, speed, arm strength, mobility, ability to throw on the run, holding the ball too long (in college and now in the pros), reading defenses beyond the first read...should I keep going?
I'll give you holding the ball too long(he's definitely better now than he was in college) but the rest is just plain wrong. He is very mobile, has plenty of arm strength, throws accurately on the run, reads defenses well(can improve), he absolutely goes through his progressions and 6'1" is not too small. Are you just making this stuff up? You can continually post this but it's still wrong, you should keep going on move on to something better

The defensive score was 4 minutes into the game, pretty sure it was the 2 scoring drives in the 4th quarter that won the game

Back
Top Bottom