I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'd like to see Tua here... (rookie mini camp)

I know you like to beat on Tua just to beat on him and that was the main motivation of starting this thread. An excuse to create another anti-Tua thread.

But if you were really sincere about wanting Tua to go to a rookie mini camp in his second season because he "missed last rookie mini-camp", why didn't you mention Jackson, Hunt, Igbinoghene, Kindley, etc.?

The truth is that Tua is not a rookie. He is the starting quarterback and despite what some want to say or the media wants to paint the picture as, he had a very normal rookie season. Actually an above average rookie season. He is working harder this offseason, probably harder than anyone on the team.

A player of Tua's caliber does not need to attend a rookie mini camp
What bothers many was the lack of “special” we didn’t see last year...not rookie hiccups.

When Marino got here...you quickly knew he was special in his very early opportunities to play.

There was no doubt...and he took over and lead them to the playoffs and was rookie of the year!

I’m giving the benefit of the doubt that Tua needed another year of rehab to show “special”.... but it begs the question of why bypass a physically superior and healthy prospect to draft one needing another full year of rehab in the first place?

They are wrong and probably biased toward Rodgers in that situation. It would behoove Jordan Love to attend that mini-camp.

Um, yeah... I highly doubt they have an agenda that would make them outright lie about whether or not Jordan Love is eligible to participate in rookie minicamp. Your feeble speculation belies your very obvious bias.

What bothers many was the lack of “special” we didn’t see last year...not rookie hiccups.

When Marino got here...you quickly knew he was special in his very early opportunities to play.

There was no doubt...and he took over and lead them to the playoffs and was rookie of the year!

I’m giving the benefit of the doubt that Tua needed another year of rehab to show “special”.... but it begs the question of why bypass a physically superior and healthy prospect to draft one needing another full year of rehab in the first place?
They must believe a healthy Tua > Herbert long term

Hi there! This post contains two of the biggest logical fallacies in debating:

1) Opinions cannot be right or wrong, by definition. They’re not statements of fact. So it won’t be true or untrue. It’s just how you feel. And...you’ve made that very clear.

2) “If you cannot prove that what I say is wrong, it must be right” is known as “Argumentum ad Ignorantiam,” or an appeal to ignorance. It’s a fallacy.

Just because someone can’t prove your opinions wrong certainly doesn’t make you right.
1. He's small for an NFL QB - Fact

2. His arm is average for an NFL QB - By all scouting and film accounts - Fact

3. He has limited mobility - Fact

4. QBR - 52.5 - Fact - #26 in football, Fitz 76.9 - #5 in football - Fact

5. Net yards per pass attempt - #28 - Fact

6. Net yards gained per pass attempt #30 - Fact

7. 181 yards per game - #33 - Fact

8. 9.8 yards per completion - #31 - Fact

9. TD% - 3.8 - #23 - Fact

10. Sack% - #22 - Fact

You can bring up opinion all you want.

I'm not making this up. This is not an opinion. These are facts.

I think you have missed several of my posts. Number one, it doesn't bother me. I said I'm glad he's working hard if you read above. However, it should be no surprise. Number two, I've said numerous times over the last few months, Tua doing well serves my team well. I want him to do well. I'm arguing against those that put him on a pedestal based on the fact that he put up college numbers. That means nothing. It means nothing for anyone coming into the league, especially one that has obvious holes in his game. Maybe temper your expectations a bit and the disappointment won't be so harsh later if he fails. So many on this board are just gung ho that "well, now he's going to do it because he's got his weapons." Weapons mean nothing if you can't read a defense. Weapons mean nothing if you cannot improvise. Weapons mean nothing if you continue your pattern of holding the ball too long. For all the talk of his great accuracy, I saw that under 7 yards. Can we see that on the deep balls? These are legitimate questions. What made Drew Brees so great was his ability to process. He's one of the smartest to ever play. That made up for his lack of size. He still only won one super bowl. These are the areas he needs to improve on. These are legitimate questions.

Yes, I've posted the same thing over and over but it does not change the facts...Nobody can come up with a rebuttal to my argument. I get he's only had nine games. I get all of the excuses but they are just that...excuses. His job is to be a football player. So, yes, I'm glad he's put in a lot of time this offseason but if he wants to have any chance, he should!!
No I haven't.

You're arguing against people putting him on a pedestal because you don't like him. If it were a player you did like, you'd be joining in on the excitement. You can't stand people being excited over him because he didn't meet your personal expectations a year removed from hip surgery.

And your dismissal of people's rebuttals as 'excuses' doesn't make your opinion any more (or less) accurate.

1. He's small for an NFL QB - Fact

2. His arm is average for an NFL QB - By all scouting and film accounts - Fact

3. He has limited mobility - Fact

4. QBR - 52.5 - Fact - #26 in football, Fitz 76.9 - #5 in football - Fact

5. Net yards per pass attempt - #28 - Fact

6. Net yards gained per pass attempt #30 - Fact

7. 181 yards per game - #33 - Fact

8. 9.8 yards per completion - #31 - Fact

9. TD% - 3.8 - #23 - Fact

10. Sack% - #22 - Fact

You can bring up opinion all you want.

I'm not making this up. This is not an opinion. These are facts.
6-3 as a rookie coming off a debilitating hip injury and no preseason: FACT

the 12th ranked defense is lousy? how about the Patriots(#7) or the Rams(#1)?
Did you actually watch the Cardinals game? the scored was tied 5 different times and Tua lead two 4th quarter scoring drives to seal a come from behind win 34-31. yes, that's the game
These guys don't even watch the games bro, don't waste your breath.

I am Grier and Flores's biggest advocate. That doesn't mean I agree with them on every pick. I love the holier than thou people on here who think they are brilliant. Go back and watch Tua play last year and tell me in any sense of watching QB play in the NFL that you think he was good. BTW, how many times did Flores yank him and the team made a comeback immediately? With the most average of QBs. Now, when you show me some proof that he was even decent, then come back to me.
none really, he was benched twice and without a miracle throw from Fitzy they would have lost both times

6-3 as a rookie coming off a debilitating hip injury and no preseason: FACT
But that's a team fact, not an individual one.

Some of the concerns are legitimate.

We all hope he can put those concerns to rest this season.

Having an offseason to concentrate on football, rather than his hip, coupled with a real preseason being the #1 should make a huge impact.

Tua is a Vet as he has a full year under his belt. Number of games he played is irrelevant.

Section 1. Definition
For purposes of this Article, a “first-year player” is defined as any player who has not completed one season in which a year of Credited Service under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Plan has been earned, and a “veteran player” is defined as any player who has completed one or more seasons in which a year of Credited Service has been earned under such Plan(s).
You are reading what you want to read and not what is written. Define this part of section 7...in particular, the bolded part:

“First-year players” (as defined in Article 23, Section 1) who signed a Player Contract with any Club for a prior League Year may also be invited to participate in a Club’s postDraft Rookie Minicamp.

Um, yeah... I highly doubt they have an agenda that would make them outright lie about whether or not Jordan Love is eligible to participate in rookie minicamp. Your feeble speculation belies your very obvious bias.
NOT-know-it-alls get the cut and paste treatment:

You are reading what you want to read and not what is written. Define this part of section 7...in particular, the bolded part:

“First-year players” (as defined in Article 23, Section 1) who signed a Player Contract with any Club for a prior League Year may also be invited to participate in a Club’s postDraft Rookie Minicamp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom