If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

This is probably a decision for the rest of his coaching career..so wherever he decides to end his career good luck.I guess I hope its us because of the hype but not sure and wont be that dissapointed if he does'nt.

This is probably a decision for the rest of his coaching career..so wherever he decides to end his career good luck.I guess I hope its us because of the hype but not sure and wont be that dissapointed if he does'nt.
I will. We have an opportunity to fire a salvo across the league's bow that we're not effing around and we're as focused on having a top D as we have shown we are at building a top O.

Grier and Ross are definitely idiots. That’s not up for debate right now. So we gotta be realistic and ask: Why would any respectable coach wanna come down here and work for those clowns? Until we see he actually signs, just treat this as him using them for leverage elsewhere.
Grier is extremely well respected league wide.

Ross is his own set of issues.

So besides the fact that he and McD are boys, Fangio would come here because we are an ascending team with:

Jaelan Phillips
Christian Wilkins
Jevon Holland
Brandon Jones
Bradley Chubb (who he has worked with before)
Xavien Howard

etc. etc. etc.

plus Ross has no qualms about opening the pockets and paying whatever it takes to get a coach.

your opinion on Grier and the owner notwithstanding.

Except that this isn’t the Dolphins making the decision. All they can do is offer him the job. It’s his decision at the end of the day. If he accepts there is zero chance they go with another candidate.

If we were idiots we wouldn’t pursue him. We are obviously making an aggressive play here. I won’t fault the Dolphins if he chooses elsewhere. I’ll fault the Dolphins if their backup plan doesn’t pan out.

Grier is extremely well respected league wide.

Ross is his own set of issues.

So besides the fact that he and McD are boys, Fangio would come here because we are an ascending team with:

Jaelan Phillips
Christian Wilkins
Jevon Holland
Brandon Jones
Bradley Chubb (who he has worked with before)
Xavien Howard

etc. etc. etc.

plus Ross has no qualms about opening the pockets and paying whatever it takes to get a coach.

your opinion on Grier and the owner notwithstanding.
I’m sure Grier is beloved by our division rivals, but I don’t see what he’s done to garner the respect you claim he has around the league. The only thing that’s impressive about him is that he’s managed to survive in the organization for over 20 years, throughout the playoff-win drought. He’s like a ****roach that survives a nuclear attack.

I’m sure Grier is beloved by our division rivals, but I don’t see what he’s done to garner the respect you claim he has around the league. The only thing that’s impressive about him is that he’s managed to survive in the organization for over 20 years, throughout the playoff-win drought. He’s like a ****roach that survives a nuclear attack.
grier is a man's man!

I will. We have an opportunity to fire a salvo across the league's bow that we're not effing around and we're as focused on having a top D as we have shown we are at building a top O.
Ive seen his defenses ranked well, Ive seen his defenses ranked not so well.

like I said I really dont know how good any of these guys are until I see it up close and in action with our players..

hell I wanted Boyer to stay..

Why on earth would anybody want to coach the Texans???

Last edited by a moderator:
Grier and Ross are definitely idiots. That’s not up for debate right now. So we gotta be realistic and ask: Why would any respectable coach wanna come down here and work for those clowns? Until we see he actually signs, just treat this as him using them for leverage elsewhere.
oh, but it is. Grier just had one of the better years of any GM in the league. He blew things up in 2019 and since has assembled a playoff team with a core of some very good, young players. Injuries hit this team hard and they still made the playoffs. Does he win on 100% of his moves? No, no one does. But he is definitely not an idiot, imo.
As far as Ross goes, he has made mistakes but he has also provided a top-level facility and always seems ready to open the checkbook for any player or coach. He really wants this team to win, I don't think that's up for debate. And really, what more can you ask?

oh, but it is. Grier just had one of the better years of any GM in the league. He blew things up in 2019 and since has assembled a playoff team with a core of some very good, young players. Injuries hit this team hard and they still made the playoffs. Does he win on 100% of his moves? No, no one does. But he is definitely not an idiot, imo.
As far as Ross goes, he has made mistakes but he has also provided a top-level facility and always seems ready to open the checkbook for any player or coach. He really wants this team to win, I don't think that's up for debate. And really, what more can you ask?
It’s sad how 20+ years of this circus has fans thinking that 9-8 is “one of the better years for a GM in the league” and the best thing we could say about Ross is “pretty stadium.” The only thing that made them somewhat relevant this year was lucking into Tyreek Hill.

Ok we brought our guy in. I'm sure money isn't going to be an issue or scheme.
So the Dolphins have an easy decision to make. However,if they F this up I will lose all confidence I have in this organization.
Fangio is from Pennsylvania and there is a very good chance the Eagles present DC will leave to become a head coach in the NFL.

Fangio is presently working with the Eagles as a defensive consultant and would likely be offered the DC position with the Eagles if the job opens up.

Fangio wanting to remain with the Eagles and therefore staying in his home state makes perfect sense to me if he is given the opportunity to be the Eagles DC. He has made plenty of money over the course of his career. So money just might not be as big an issue with him at this stage of his career.

It won’t surprise me if he waits until he sees what happens with the DC now with the Eagles before he decides where he wants to coach next year.

Back
Top Bottom