If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

Gentlemen: Just remember that GM Grier runs this show......McDaniel is the YES man. Grier didn't want Fangio last year. This has got to be the year that Miami gets to the championship. Otherwise, everything implodes.

Fangio is our choice. We have to go through the process as mandated by the NFL. Money won't be an issue. I think he'll be our next DC. This is an attractive job with a lot of good talent on defense. Florida has beautiful weather, big time tax advantages and an ascending team.

They need to interview a minority coach too before hiring Fangio. Just something to keep in mind.

They need to interview a minority coach too before hiring Fangio. Just something to keep in mind.

I think 2, but yes. Richard and Desai should fulfill all obligations for interviews.

Disagree, we’re obviously making a push for him. If he doesn’t want it he doesn’t want it. Can’t change an almost 80 year olds mind for a few extra bucks imo. Phl seems like a good gig if he doesn’t want a complete life change so it’s all on him not us.
He is not almost 80

Me with the Twitter reload button for DC news:

Blake Shelton Button GIF by The Voice

They interviewed Dessai yesterday too. So they have already met the leagues requirement of interviewing a minority candidate for the DC position.
Not sure if Dessai counts. I know they are interviewing Kris Richard today.

Fangio is a minority….He’s Italian
In checking my family heritage, I have been able to determine I am part, English, Irish, French, Native American, Scottish, and German. The Italian part of me is my wife that I have been married to for the past 50 years.

So I guess I would be considered a minority in at least 6 different nationalities based on your criteria. LOL

The Eagles DC job isn't that attractive. A lot of older players on that defense so I am not sure I'd ever consider the two opportunties close to equal, despite the Eagles high sack total. Its not something thats going to be sustained, even past this year. This group is going to break up but on paper its an impressive collection of DL, especially at DT.

James Bradberry and Chaucey Gardner-Johnson are both free agents. Fletcher Cox is old. Howie Roseman is generally one of the worst drafters in the league although he has found a solid recipe for signing veterans to 1 and 2 year deals and getting a lot out of them.

It does appear the Eagles are likely going to use the 10th pick in the draft on a defensive player, probably a DE or CB.

Phillips, Wilkins and Chubb are much more attractive long term, for a DC to work with than what Philly has. Aside from the part where you actually have to show up to South Philadelphia everyday for work......BRUTAL.

Not sure if Dessai counts. I know they are interviewing Kris Richard today.
When he was promoted to the DC position with the Bears, he was considered a minority at that time and it was reported as such. So I’m not sure why he still wouldn’t be considered a minority now.

Interviewing minority candidates for a position in the NFL just doesn’t mean interviewing black candidates for the position.

Back
Top Bottom