If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

When he was promoted to the DC position with the Bears, he was considered a minority at that time and it was reported as such. So I’m not sure why he still wouldn’t be considered a minority now.

Interviewing minority candidates for a position in the NFL just doesn’t mean interviewing black candidates for the position.
McD is mixed and Grier is black. Shouldn't that serve as a work around?

McD is mixed and Grier is black. Shouldn't that serve as a work around?
I believe league rules require them to interview at least one minority for any open coordinator position. The fact the GM and HC are minorities is irrelevant based on league policy.

When he was promoted to the DC position with the Bears, he was considered a minority at that time and it was reported as such. So I’m not sure why he still wouldn’t be considered a minority now.

Interviewing minority candidates for a position in the NFL just doesn’t mean interviewing black candidates for the position.
Then I guess they are doing a bit more than the bare minimum. Good on them.

Then I guess they are doing a bit more than the bare minimum. Good on them.
I honestly don't care if they interview minorities, majorities, aliens or super heroes just don't be in trouble with the law and take our defense to the top 5.

Simple job requirements : )

You do realize there are 31 other teams you can root for in the NFL. It’s obvious by all your posts that you aren’t happy being a Dolphin fan. So for your own mental health, perhaps you should find another team to root for.
I usually hate the "go root for another team" posts, but yours actually comes from a place of love!

Fangio is our choice. We have to go through the process as mandated by the NFL. Money won't be an issue. I think he'll be our next DC. This is an attractive job with a lot of good talent on defense. Florida has beautiful weather, big time tax advantages and an ascending team.
Fangio is from Pennsylvania. The DC job might be available with the Eagles if their present DC leaves for a head coaching job.
The Eagles are probably the most talented team in the league at this time and they have two first round picks in this years draft.

As a resident of Florida since 1961, I can attest that the weather is beautiful for about 4 or 5 months a year. The remaining 7 or 8 months are hot, humid, and horrible. Also ridiculously high home insurance rates in South Florida negates much of the tax advantage of living in Florida.

I hope Fangio takes the job with the Dolphins but I will certainly understand him taking the job with the Eagles if the DC position becomes available and he is offered the position.

If Miami says this is your defense and gives Fangio a blank check and he refuses...that is not on the Dolphins.

If the reports are true that Grier passed on Fangio last year to keep Boyer, yes it is.

This year is tougher. Eagles look to be a very good option with him already in the building.

Fangio is from Pennsylvania. The DC job might be available with the Eagles if their present DC leaves for a head coaching job.
The Eagles are probably the most talented team in the league at this time and they have two first round picks in this years draft.

As a resident of Florida since 1961, I can attest that the weather is beautiful for about 4 or 5 months a year. The remaining 7 or 8 months are hot, humid, and horrible. Also ridiculously high home insurance rates in South Florida negates much of the tax advantage of living in Florida.

I hope Fangio takes the job with the Dolphins but I will certainly understand him taking the job with the Eagles if the DC position becomes available and he is offered the position.

The problem, IMO, isn't whether or not VF wants the Miami DC job. It's the potential 'I'll let you know after the Eagles DC gets a HC job or not.'

The problem, IMO, isn't whether or not VF wants the Miami DC job. It's the potential 'I'll let you know after the Eagles DC gets a HC job or not.'
I agree he is waiting to see if the Eagles DC position opens up. I expect him to take that job if it does open up and if not, he will have his choice of Miami or several other DC openings around the league.

The Eagles DC job isn't that attractive. A lot of older players on that defense so I am not sure I'd ever consider the two opportunties close to equal, despite the Eagles high sack total. Its not something thats going to be sustained, even past this year. This group is going to break up but on paper its an impressive collection of DL, especially at DT.

James Bradberry and Chaucey Gardner-Johnson are both free agents. Fletcher Cox is old. Howie Roseman is generally one of the worst drafters in the league although he has found a solid recipe for signing veterans to 1 and 2 year deals and getting a lot out of them.

It does appear the Eagles are likely going to use the 10th pick in the draft on a defensive player, probably a DE or CB.

Phillips, Wilkins and Chubb are much more attractive long term, for a DC to work with than what Philly has. Aside from the part where you actually have to show up to South Philadelphia everyday for work......BRUTAL.
The Dolphins have a lot of their money tied up on defense in four players. Byron Jones, Howard, Ogbah, and Chubb.

Jones missed all of the 2022 season and we have no idea what his injury story is. Howard is not the player he was in the past. He appears to have lost a step and his best years seem to be in the past.

Ogbah was having a down year prior to his injury that caused him to go on IR and miss most of the season. It’s likely his play will continue to decline since he’s not getting any younger.

As a player they traded for during the season, Chubb is still a question mark for the Dolphins and we can just hope he becomes the player they hope he would be after signing him to a huge contract.

The Dolphins do have some good young defensive players but they have no first round pick in this years draft to supplement the needs they have on that side of the ball.

Fangio has spent the year working as a consultant with the Eagles. So he knows exactly what he would have to work with if he took over as their DC. The Eagles also have 2 first round draft picks and they could use those picks to add talent to their defense.

Back
Top Bottom