If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fangio isn't named DC were idiots!

Guarantee they F it up!!! Why should now be any different than the last quarter of a century?
You do realize there are 31 other teams you can root for in the NFL. It’s obvious by all your posts that you aren’t happy being a Dolphin fan. So for your own mental health, perhaps you should find another team to root for.

Fangio is from Pennsylvania and there is a very good chance the Eagles present DC will leave to become a head coach in the NFL.

Fangio is presently working with the Eagles as a defensive consultant and would likely be offered the DC position with the Eagles if the job opens up.

Fangio wanting to remain with the Eagles and therefore staying in his home state makes perfect sense to me if he is given the opportunity to be the Eagles DC. He has made plenty of money over the course of his career. So money just might not be as big an issue with him at this stage of his career.

It won’t surprise me if he waits until he sees what happens with the DC now with the Eagles before he decides where he wants to coach next year.
there is a chance that he came to our interview and told Mcdaniel strait up, he's got to wait to see if the philly guy gets a deal to be a head coach and if that happens he wants to stay in philly where he's from, however if that guy doesn't get the head coaching job he wants to be with us.

so if there is a delay in the signing that probably what it means.

Guarantee they F it up!!! Why should now be any different then the last quarter of a century?
WHOAH Jack. Bring the cry closet in fellas!!!! We have another one!!!

episode 2 friends GIF

It’s sad how 20+ years of this circus has fans thinking that 9-8 is “one of the better years for a GM in the league” and the best thing we could say about Ross is “pretty stadium.” The only thing that made them somewhat relevant this year was lucking into Tyreek Hill.
The off-season is when the GM does his work, you judge him then. If the team Grier assembled played all year they would have been better than 9-8

there is a chance that he came to our interview and told Mcdaniel strait up, he's got to wait to see if the philly guy gets a deal to be a head coach and if that happens he wants to stay in philly where he's from, however if that guy doesn't get the head coaching job he wants to be with us.

Yep, or also possible he is just an old school guy that doesnt like to leave a job unfinished. We will have to wait until Philly losses or wins the SB to find out.

My response would be that while we respect that, we want someone that is literally drooling to be a Miami Dolphin and hand an offer to Dessai. Hope that's not the case and that Fangio wants to be a Phin more than he wants to breathe air.

The off-season is when the GM does his work, you judge him then. If the team Grier assembled played all year they would have been better than 9-8
So with your logic, we’re supposed to know how draft picks will turn out before they play a game? “It seemed like a smart move at the time, so it’s ok!” Really?

Fangio is waiting on philly. He interviewed for miami because the philly job might not happen. His BEST superbowl shot for now is philly. You cant blame fangio for that.

Maybe his wife doesnt want to leave pennsylvania and family and is hoping for the philly job? To many factors beyond griers control. But i believe if gannon stays in philly vic is ours.

What i hope doesnt happen is they wait to long and we lose desai also. I love the fangio scheme so no vic then desai is my choice.
IF. IF that is the case I go with Desai as we're not going to be hamstrung for what could be another month or even longer as the Eagles could very likely be in the SB THEN, their DC needs to interview and figure his own stuff out. We have roster moves to make in advance of FA, Senior Bowl, etc. I want Fangio but it's either a yes this week or it's Desai's job.

So with your logic, we’re supposed to know how draft picks will turn out before they play a game? “It seemed like a smart move at the time, so it’s ok!” Really?
that's the point. No one knows who will get injured during the season. Grier's job is to acquire talent, he has done that well enough to assemble a playoff team. He can only make smart moves "at the time". What more do you want from a GM?

Back
Top Bottom