If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Foster/Reddick are off the board by #22 - list your TOP 5.

My top 5 - who would you take? Please post your own top5 below.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eh, **** it. I voted Lamp. Go get him.

Build the offense until we pull our head out of our ass in running this ****ty ****ing defensive scheme. Otherwise we're just feeding a black hole by picking defense.

What did we run back in the day of Madison, Buckley and Surtain? 4-3 over wasn't it?

Denver blitzed at 22% in 2014 according to PFF. (Take it for what it's worth) Probably not a lot of blitzing in the under base but wouldn't Terrance Knighton likely have left the field in the nickel with Miller as strong side rusher.

Here's something else about that type of scheme that doesn't hold for ours and why the blitz percentages can be misconstrued when comparing. A blitz is considered 5+ rushers, but when a scheme like the Under shift or the 3-4 brings four, it includes the 3 down lineman and a 4th rusher. Catch is the opposition still doesn't know where that 4th is coming from. It could be either one of the two inside backers, the other two OLBs in the 3-4 or the SAM on the LOS in the Under, which is unlike ours where it's primarily the front 4 down lineman.

Here's something else about that type of scheme that doesn't hold for ours and why the blitz percentages can be misconstrued when comparing. A blitz is considered 5+ rushers, but when a scheme like the Under shift or the 3-4 brings four, it includes the 3 down lineman and a 4th rusher. Catch is the opposition still doesn't know where that 4th is coming from. It could be either one of the two inside backers, the other two OLBs in the 3-4 or the SAM on the LOS in the Under, which is unlike ours where it's primarily the front 4 down lineman.

fingers crossed for a change soon.

We don't run a straight up 4-3. I've seen a hybrid 3-4 where the down lineman drops back in coverage. There's a misprint in this article that says in a true 3-4 the tackle lines head up with the guards, where in fact the diagram shows the tackle lining up against the OT's

https://joedanielfootball.com/3-philosophies-of-the-3-4-defense/

Yes we absolutely do. Are there a few wrinkles? Yes. But we do with out a doubt run a true and standard 4-3. Not even remotely close to a hybrid scheme.

That's like saying because on occasion the offense lines up with 22, or 21 personnel in the I-form that we're a Pro-Set offensive system despite the fact that we lined up with 3 or more WR's literally 81% of the time (11 personnel - 74%, 10 personnel - 3%, 01 personnel - 3%, 02 personnel - 1%).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that many of the people saying we shouldn't take Peppers because he didn't play just safety in college have no problem with Lamp who played mostly OT ? I like Lamp but Peppers is a game changer. Give me Peppers or a LB. Watt is a great player but not sure he is a great LB in the NFL. Ever wonder why most all ya see in his clips are when he is rushing the QB?? Don't see any coverage plays or great run stops most everything he does is running down hill or pressuring the QB. I love Cunningham, would love to see him fall to the deep 2nd rd.

We don't run a straight up 4-3. I've seen a hybrid 3-4 where the down lineman drops back in coverage. There's a misprint in this article that says in a true 3-4 the tackle lines head up with the guards, where in fact the diagram shows the tackle lining up against the OT's

https://joedanielfootball.com/3-philosophies-of-the-3-4-defense/

Yeah, there are a lot of errors in that article.

A true 3-4 is referred to as the "Double Bubble" b/c the NT is head up on the Center and the 2 DT's are head up on the Tackles which creates a bubble over each guard.

The one gap 3-4 is a meld of 4-3 principles.

The Fairbanks-Bullough is the hybrid 3-4 scheme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that many of the people saying we shouldn't take Peppers because he didn't play just safety in college have no problem with Lamp who played mostly OT ? Ilove Cunningham, would love to see him fall to the deep 2nd rd.

Because it's an easy transition to go from college OT to OG in the Pros. Lamp can make that move easily. As for Peppers, he has a tough time adjusting to deep balls as his Michigan Pro Day showed. He's not a FS. Cunningham might very well drop to the second round and he could fall all the way to us at 54. Which I'd be fine with. But, his stock dropped after the combine. He's got holes in his game.

With Peppers I just question that if he had zero return ability would his draft hype be nearly as great? On film do you see him as a top three outside linebacker or safety in this draft class?

With Peppers I just question that if he had zero return ability would his draft hype be nearly as great? On film do you see him as a top three outside linebacker or safety in this draft class?

Safety if anything, and even that's a question and need for development. At LB he was easily removed and driven out of plays by blockers at the college level. He'd be demolished trying to defend the run playing LB in the NFL.

He's a day 3 prospect due to his return abilities and will need a creative defensive coordinator who doesn't need immediate snap counts from him.

I love Lamp! think he is the safest pick and instantly solidifies our O line thus solififying our whole O....
although I think TJ Watt could play SAM and can rush off the edge well and blitzes well...tough call but me personally Id take Lamp and then get Raekwon Macmillan in 2nd and walah you have your starting OG and SAM

Some are saying Lamp can play all 3 interior spots and even outside in a pinch. Given the hip issues with Pouncey, Lamp makes a lot of sense as a versatile guy who could slide over to C with Larsen at LG when Pouncey is out. Nothing has derailed our season faster than a poor O-line.

Lamp
OJ
DN
Davis
Peppers

Lamp instantly improves our line, as said multiple times.

The problem I have is that OJ and ND are amazing TE prospects. I know the depth we have at the position, and our obvious needs elsewhere, but if Howard, and to a lesser extent, DN, is available at 22, we really need to consider it.

The part that makes me sick is all these mock drafts that have OJ Howard going to Buffalo. The good part is that Charles Clay has cap hits of 13.5 and 9M over the next two years and carries a dead hit of 4.5 in 2019 if cut then. LOL

The part that makes me sick is all these mock drafts that have OJ Howard going to Buffalo. The good part is that Charles Clay has cap hits of 13.5 and 9M over the next two years and carries a dead hit of 4.5 in 2019 if cut then. LOL

What was Buffalo thinking with that contract? Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom