If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Minkah can't handle Miami, we think Tua can?

Ya, watching this profile on his family doesn't give me high hopes that he'd come here willingly.

Yes that jumped out at me too (forcing lefty to be like Dad and the belt if you don't perform well). That's a potential time bomb. Not sure I'd make this pick at #1 now. Who knows what will happen if Tua faces adversity, or if he will just rebel and say "F*** this" at some point.

Tua will not want to play here. I’m sure his dad won’t allow that either. That’s fine by me and I’m sure we can get a good trading partner for someone who wants him badly. You still take him and make sure they get a nice return. Just like the manning/rivers debacle

Yep....been saying same but those already getting a chubby over Tua being Dolphins QB may wind up severely disappointed. It could very well wind up being the Archie/Eli Manning deal. Granted, we would probably wind up with a great deal but still Tua-less....whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen. I'm not as sold on him as others here for some of the reasons mentioned.

Yes that jumped out at me too (forcing lefty to be like Dad and the belt if you don't perform well). That's a potential time bomb. Not sure I'd make this pick at #1 now. Who knows what will happen if Tua faces adversity, or if he will just rebel and say "F*** this" at some point.
Watching that video does scares me a bit. His dad is looking at his son like a toy. To instill discipline is totally fine but some parents want to live their dreams thru their kids. I'm just not sure here. He seems like a good kid but does he really respects his dad or does he fear him? At what point does he has enough with everything and decides he's going to do whatever HE wants to do? And how do we know what that is? This FO better do a lof of home work on this.

My biggest worry about Tua even before all these shenanigans started with stripping our roster was that a QB form Alabama has had success handed to him on a plate with a silver spoon, and that a guy like that was gonna have to deal with facing adversity for the first time in the NFL. Not only will he have to deal with throwing into tight windows with intense defensive pressure the likes an Alabama QB just doesn't see, if we bring them to Miami, the chances of having any established offensive weapons are slim. Which is why I'm a little confused about the cheers over Minkah being gone since he was apparently entitled and couldn't handle a challenge for the first time in his life. If a DB from Alabama can't handle adversity, how are we to expect a QB to? I'm not saying Tua will demand a trade or quit on the team, but you can't apply the Alabama logic to Minkah and not Tua.
Let's not start with that Minkah feels entitled, Minkah is being a brat, Minkah is spoiled crap. Minkah RIGHTFULLY felt he was not being used correctly, and was not put in the best position to succeed. And despite the talk he had with Grier and Flores, he knew they were BSing him, so he wanted out. I blame this totally on Brian Flores. Because right after he was hired, Fitzpatrick wanted his role defined so he could spend the off-season preparing. And they never gave him an answer. So here we are.

Watching that video does scares me a bit. His dad is looking at his son like a toy. To instill discipline is totally fine but some parents want to live their dreams thru their kids. I'm just not sure here. He seems like a good kid but does he really respects his dad or does he fear him? At what point does he has enough with everything and decides he's going to do whatever HE wants to do? And how do we know what that is? This FO better do a lof of home work on this.

That's the risk....will he be able to be his own man and deal with adversity once he hits the NFL or will he wind up as Todd Marinovich 2.0?? There is absolutely no doubt his father wants to live through him and be his biggest controlling factor....and that never seems to be a good thing.

Been alluded too that Fromm fits what the Grier/Flores want/need.

How are we dysfunctional? The plan this year is to lose and then rebuild from the draft. If you ask me, this is the first time in a long time that this franchise had an actual plan.

This team's plan has been to trade players of value for the opportunity to draft their replacements that may have no value considering the utter incompetence of the front office. I know of not a single instance of a franchise trading away good, young players under cost control as if they were purging the roster of expensive, declining old guys. Chris Grier and his consigliere Reggie McKenzie are comically bad talent evaluators and their "plan" has no precedent. This team's dysfunction has been on parade for decades.

That's the risk....will he be able to be his own man and deal with adversity once he hits the NFL or will he wind up as Todd Marinovich 2.0?? There is absolutely no doubt his father wants to live through him and be his biggest controlling factor....and that never seems to be a good thing.
I agree. This is a big risk.

This team's plan has been to trade players of value for the opportunity to draft their replacements that may have no value considering the utter incompetence of the front office. I know of not a single instance of a franchise trading away good, young players under cost control as if they were purging the roster of expensive, declining old guys. Chris Grier and his consigliere Reggie McKenzie are comically bad talent evaluators and their "plan" has no precedent. This team's dysfunction has been on parade for decades.
Chris grier and Reggie McKenzie are poor talent evaluators? That's strange considering Cooper, Mack, tunsil and fitzpatrick have netted a combined 6 first round picks in return the past two years. Plus the addition of Marvin Allen who has helped build the current chiefs juggernaut. You can't argue those three have no clue how to spot talent.

You hear Dak Prescott talk about his contract negotiations this season? He flat out said he doesn’t believe he deserves to be paid like a top 5 QB if he doesn’t win a Championship. All he wants to do is play the game and win while his agent handles things. It was a good interview.
Is this the same Dak asking for $40 million per year, after turning $30 million down?

We can't be talking about the same Dak Prescott....

Yep your opinion can be dismissed.

I used to get the belt from my dad as well if I didn’t do as I was told. He’d also make me sit at the table until I finished my food. I’m glad he did because it gave me structure and discipline and it made me the man I am today. I love my Dad and miss him every day.

Back
Top Bottom