If No Trade, Shelton Will Be Cut | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If No Trade, Shelton Will Be Cut

I wouldn't want him. I think we are good with D-Mc, Vernon and Alabi.

Saban will not be giving up picks for guys.

Justasportsfan said:
took mediocre OL and turned them into cohessive units that was largely responsible for taking their teams to the sb. Giants and Bengals.

HOuck may have sb titles under his be;t but he also had Parcells, Aikman and Emmitt while McNally didn't have much to work w/.

Both McNally and Houck are considered the best OL coaches in the league. However, MCnally has already proven he can improve the bills OL while you hope Houck will prove to do anything w/ the fins.

I don't think they compare. Houck and Gibbs (allthough only functioning as a consultant currently) are the two best line coaches in the game right now. Granted, McNally is an excellent coach, but there is distance from McNally to Houck/Gibbs.

Dolfan1000 said:
Well thats the dumbest argument ever- because you can say that about any team in the offseason!

"Duhhh well we will see how everything comes together."

Thats such a wussy way to look at things- suck it up and admit that on paper, the Fins are far improved with a stud RB, while the Bills lost key parts. If ANYONE is basing their improvement on "hope"- it is you with your "Did you even follow our backup DT last year?" and "The search for a LT isnt over" and "JP will do great".

Puh-leeze.
Your team looks to have improved on paper ,I'll give you that. Your team also looked good on paper in 2003 that most experts picked the fins to win the sb? Didn't even make playoffs.

Granted that you've made a huge improvement "on paper" the bills were a game away from the playoffs w/ a new coaching staff. Any chance that it get's better in their second year?

Our rb is "PROVEN" yours isn't but he sure has one hell of a potential. So did Ryan Leaf. So until Brown does anything, it's still paper.

touborg said:
I don't think they compare. Houck and Gibbs (allthough only functioning as a consultant currently) are the two best line coaches in the game right now. Granted, McNally is an excellent coach, but there is distance from McNally to Houck/Gibbs.
That's you opinion. Not the opinion of the league where people say he's one of the best. I'd pull out links for ya but don't have to. If you don't know who MCNAlly is, then it's up to you to get informed.

Justasportsfan said:
Your team looks to have improved on paper ,I'll give you that. Your team also looked good on paper in 2003 that most experts picked the fins to win the sb? Didn't even make playoffs.

Granted that you've made a huge improvement "on paper" the bills were a game away from the playoffs w/ a new coaching staff. Any chance that it get's better in their second year?

Our rb is "PROVEN" yours isn't but he sure has one hell of a potential. So did Ryan Leaf. So until Brown does anything, it's still paper.

You are right- I wish we had a proven QB like JP.

And obviously you know, from your experience last year, the impact a new coaching staff can have.

Man you must love contradicting yourself.

Dolfan1000 said:
You lost your starting LT.

We shall see.
Ah you can play we shall see but call it a dumb argument when I do so? No one gave us a chance last year because of having a rookie HC. Most of the people here were wrong. I am not saying that the fins will be horrible this year and even admitted that Saban will be a great improvement over Wanny. However, you cannot tell me that the bills have not improved even though we have 1 season under Mularkey to build on and the fins are already improved even though it's all paper. :rolleyes:

Why should having one season under Mularkey make any difference?

Im basing it on talent- and you lost a great deal. Having an extra year under Mularkey means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Dolfan1000 said:
And obviously you know, from your experience last year, the impact a new coaching staff can have.

Man you must love contradicting yourself.
Once again , read up on the bills. MUlarkey didn't change the system. He simplified Gilbrides system and kept the same DC. Saban is practically changing everything. Not even Bellichick was successful w/ the Browns w/ Saban beside him.

Right, so he didnt change the system, so why should an extra year under him as HC make the team better if it has been the same system all along?

Dolfan1000 said:
Right, so he didnt change the system, so why should an extra year under him as HC make the team better if it has been the same system all along?
because he knows his players better? He got rid of Drew who was Donahoe's choice? Because McNally inherited players he didn't know and now has had a chance to grade them after a year? Because we have a better rb than Henry? Oh and yeah, he finally made Mike Williams play to his potential. I wonder how he'll do this year.

Took him a year to know his players? Hmmm..

And you know Drew is better then JP, how? And you have the nerve to tell us that we are basing our future on "hope" and potential with Ronnie, when you are basing your success on a rookie QB? Wow.

A better rb then Henry. You are right- Willis didnt play at all last season... Puh-leeze. Henry was clearly not your starter last year.

Mike Williams played to his potential? If that is his potential, then now we can say for certain that he is a bust.

Justasportsfan said:
but you already have a proven qb in Feely

You certainly are a slow one- that isnt the point.

I am just mocking your ridiculous argument that we are basing our improvement on "potential" and an unproven RB/coaching staff, when your QB is a rookie who has proven zero! Well, of course he played in that Pats game for a short time.. I remember the performance well- :roflmao:

Justasportsfan said:

During the offseason all anyone has is paper. On paper we've gotten better and you've gotten worse. The reason we weren't SB bound in '03 when we were on paper was one reason: Dave Wannstedt. The worst coach in the league. He's gone now. The wuss mentality that he brought is gone. Everything depends on if Saban is as good as everyone thinks he is.

Back
Top Bottom