If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter? | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Tannehill is out for the season, who do you want as starter?

If Tannehill is out for season, who should be starter?

• Matt Moore

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 41 14.7%
  • Colin Kaepernick

Votes: 83 29.9%
  • Peyton Manning

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Nick Foles

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Tony Romo

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • Mark Sanchez

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Trade for a Young Backup QB

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brock Osweiller

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Please show any evidence that Moore outplayed him in camp or preseason
There is none but 17 was going to be the starter unless he bombed. But he knew the offense better than Moore so that wasn't going to happen. If you recall, 17 was coaching the players on the offense from the start.

There is none but 17 was going to be the starter unless he bombed. But he knew the offense better than Moore so that wasn't going to happen. If you recall, 17 was coaching the players on the offense from the start.
so if Moore was starter material, how come no team has come calling

so if Moore was starter material, how come no team has come calling
Apparently you are under the impression that I think Moore is starter material. You need to hit the reset button

Apparently you are under the impression that I think Moore is starter material. You need to hit the reset button
you said he never got a chance. Tannehill was never the main plan to have to start as a rookie and if Moore was better than him he should have showed it. Moore is a journeyman that is at best a backup qb in the nfl and that's it

you said he never got a chance. Tannehill was never the main plan to have to start as a rookie and if Moore was better than him he should have showed it. Moore is a journeyman that is at best a backup qb in the nfl and that's it
Thats not what I said. You're trying to read between the lines and there's nothing to support your claim. Absolutely Moore is a backup but the QB starved Dolphins with a new coach, coming off a disasterous season with a hated GM who questioned possible draft picks about their mom's employment and who the national media crucified as a dysfunctional franchise, drafted 17 with the intention of him starting as a rookie. You're fooling yourself if you doubt that.

Brady Quinn, Ted Ginn Jr and family, Suck for Luck campaign that included musical parodies on local radio stations, 1-15, 0-7 start, Parcells, Orange Carpet, etc, etc, etc. This franchise was a mess.

Last edited:
One consideration about Kap, it wouldn't be the first time in the history of the NFL that a kid (see Jim Plunket as an example) matched in a system/team/HC that just didn't work for him and essentially got his mind blown and lost all confidence (yea, yea, I know Jim Kelly was suppoed to be good medicine but the dude bombed out of the league and came to SF with significantly diminished cred and luster).

Of course this is pure speculation on my part -- but it's anecdotal evidence relative to the possible upsides of bringing in a kid with at least the potential to grow into a significantly improved player (because of system/team/HC). It's at least possible IMO...

Beyond that -- dudes like Cutler are 75% tapped (if not significantly more) and there is zero upside to the equation -- it's simply an attempt to swap out one component for another with the hope the patch holds...

I think that going 6 and 3 as a starter in 2011 would have been considered good by a lot of teams. Sherman was Tannehill"s college coach so there was no real competition for the starting job.
Actually the job was given to scammer Garrard who then had that mysterious season ending injury in his pool after collecting $7figures +, non-refundable from Ross.

The Moore Obsessions needs to be either an A&E cult documentary or a psychiatric mental disorder.

That's completely false. It's utter BS. Just like all the other nonsense you're trying to pass off as fact.

Show it to me. Prove that he severely limits an NFL offense with film or X&O evidence, like I have conversely done. Otherwise take your falsehoods and scamper away with your meaningless words.

Welp.

Gase agrees with me and not with you. He decided a washed up Cutler is a better plan than Kaep. Says volumes.

So it looks like I'm right. Again.

LD

When you take a step back to think about it, arguing over 2QBs whose 3-13 and 2-14 teams wanted no further part of, and a backup whose occasional impressive flashes are far from enough to feel confident... and you realize that this whole ordeal is nothing more than a cluster**** circling down a long dark tunnel.

Welp.

Gase agrees with me and not with you. He decided a washed up Cutler is a better plan than Kaep. Says volumes.

So it looks like I'm right. Again.

LD

You can't prove **** about Kaep running an offense so you deflect and resort to other tactics. I should have figured I was wasting my time.

When you take a step back to think about it, arguing over 2QBs whose 3-13 and 2-14 teams wanted no further part of, and a backup whose occasional impressive flashes are far from enough to feel confident... and you realize that this whole ordeal is nothing more than a cluster**** circling down a long dark tunnel.

Sometimes you gotta whistle when walking past a graveyard, just to prove you're alive. :cool

You can't prove **** about Kaep running an offense so you deflect and resort to other tactics. I should have figured I was wasting my time.

Seriously man.

Self-reflection time. Look in the mirror and pray for a moment of honesty and answer this question:

Do you realize how much time it would take to *prove* something to you when you're in an agenda frame of mind -- flashing streaks of meanness like fire?

C'mon bro. I like you and all, but some things are like skinning a bear: you might get the job done but it's gonna require a pound of flesh!

Could I prove it? Definitely. To an objective observer, fairly quickly.

To someone whose love and championship of Kaep have nothing to do with football, however, it's a tough job.

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

Seriously, no hard feelings. Anytime you want to talk about the real issues, I'm here.

LD

Could I prove it? Definitely. To an objective observer, fairly quickly.

tenor.gif

Though honestly, I don't even think you would know where to start let alone convey comprehensive answers on what type of offense Kaepernick could run.

That's all I'm asking of you since you seem so adamant that he isn't capable of running an NFL offense as that's what you have been saying this entire time. Yet when it comes down to it you cower away with more ad lib to deflect from having to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom