I'm just a little surprised about some of the threads in here | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm just a little surprised about some of the threads in here

To get to the point, I register my 100th complaint against Grier NOW. He is terrible. 22 years of mediocrity. If it wasn’t for his daddy, former NFL Bobby Grier, CG would be running an Applebee’s….and running it poorly. Oops, another injured wait-person. It’s directly his fault our QBs are all injured. Period.

How's that working out for you? - LOL

Sorry but there is no way to sugarcoat it. After a 8-3 Start is a total disgrace to be on this position. Needing help. 48ers winning with a 3rd string QB, Green Bay with not a single good WR, Bengals coming strong when it counts. No excuses can be made with this team. We are on one of the most frustrating franchises in the NFL. If you followed this team the last 30 years and still watches some games, you are a real fan. Its only natural to be very frustrated, sad and mad with the way this team has been failing year after year after year. So until they actually are contenders all of us have lots of reasons to doubt them. Problem is we cant be fools thinking positive after this kind of astronomical colapse. Because we have seen this movie before, for decades. Its not like we have won a Superbowl in the last 10 years and we are Crying about nothing. We as fans deserve better since decades. Problem is because we really love our team we cant just erase them from our mind. I am sure we would be more positive if we had the luxury of watching this team being great in recent memory. But having failed the last 3 decades can break every optimistic heart in thousand parts.

The rules should be changed to not only respecting other posters, but also respecting the owners, managers, coaches and players of the team we support. They are humans, and many on here identify with them as fans of the team and hope for their success. That would stop 90% of the trolls on this site. I don't know why anyone on Miami's team cannot be treated as human beings.

People that say Tua sucks, I totally agree with you, Tua doesn't suck.

People that say Jason Sanders sucks this year, I totally agree with too. Sanders has sucked this year.
I’m not saying the “suck” label isn’t warranted at times. players can make a play that sucked, or have a season that sucked, or have parts of their skill set that suck, but you’ve gotta be one of the suckiest sucks that ever sucked to just flat out suck, especially Considering how non sucky you have to be to even make it to and continue to play in the NFL.

To use Jason Sanders as the example, he’s only missed 2 FGs all year within 50 yards, that’s non-sucky. But he’s 1 of 5 from 50+, which sucks. Does that make him suck? Or does that make him just suck from 50+? I don’t have the answer to that.

About 80% of threads are about the next season, in other words we are already looking to replace everyone without the season even being over.
Some of you can't even give the current players the benefit of the doubt? I understand things have not gone our way this season, and that injuries have taken a
toll in our game plan but we should be happy that we have favorable odds against us in making the playoffs. What if this team becomes a different team in the playoffs?

R.I.P The Dolphins Dreamers
Another us vs. them thread. Thanks!

The rules should be changed to not only respecting other posters, but also respecting the owners, managers, coaches and players of the team we support. They are humans, and many on here identify with them as fans of the team and hope for their success. That would stop 90% of the trolls on this site. I don't know why anyone on Miami's team cannot be treated as human beings.
It's simple. We don't know or interact with them. They are chess pieces in a game we enjoy watching played. They don't know you exist. If you died today, it would be of no consequence to them.

While I agree with you completely, all this thread will do is invite the trolls to feast again (see above).
The word troll is thrown around way too loosely. If I'm feeling shitty about the season, someone optimistic is a troll. If I'm feeling great about the season, someone pessimistic is a troll. Your opinion on the season is not the right one. It's just one single opinion, even if others share it with you.

Well it's par for the course.

We will win and Pats will lose.

Then they will start talking about it doesn't matter, well get destroyed in the playoffs.

After Tua comes back and we win 27-21 first round.

Suddenly about 50% of those posters will miraculously vanish.

The other 50 % will complain about a 4th quarter play call or how Tua made 1 bad pass.

After Miami Beats Buffalo 30-27... Another 40% will vanish.

The other 10% will start talking about how they were just keeping it "real" and how they were RIGHT at the time. These results don't change that.

After Miami Beats the Bengals 24-21... There will be 2 left. But all well see is a post or 2 about good game.

After Miami wins Superbowl.

More will come backbut start posting as if they never said anything.

But..... they will start complaining about Grier, our cap and should we extend a small QB who's injury prone
You literally have no idea how today's game will go let alone the path to the super bowl. If you did, you'd be too busy counting the billions you made betting on game. And just because you're optimistic doesn't make you a better fan than people who have doubts. This post is just a sea of logical fallacies.

I’m not saying the “suck” label isn’t warranted at times. players can make a play that sucked, or have a season that sucked, or have parts of their skill set that suck, but you’ve gotta be one of the suckiest sucks that ever sucked to just flat out suck, especially Considering how non sucky you have to be to even make it to and continue to play in the NFL.

To use Jason Sanders as the example, he’s only missed 2 FGs all year within 50 yards, that’s non-sucky. But he’s 1 of 5 from 50+, which sucks. Does that make him suck? Or does that make him just suck from 50+? I don’t have the answer to that.
I'd say when a player fails to perform in clutch situations or just performs below expectations, then they suck. But what were the expectations in the first place? Many times they're arbitrary and change over time.

The vast majority (not all) aren’t fans but rather “lemmings” who find some sense of self-worth by tossing **** on the team at every opportunity. Even if we win Sunday and then go on a miraculous playoff run and reach The Super Bowl, they would bitch continually.

But if we win the Super Bowl, they will claim they never doubted any facet of the team even in its darkest hours!
This is another bullshit us vs. them all or nothing post. I've been pessimistic during the losing streak but still hold out hope that we win and the Pats lose, Tua comes back and we win a playoff game.

They are human beings
Fans here can't even treat other group members like humans. Also, players don't read these boards so what's said about them is irrelevant. Do you have any idea how much noise comes at each player through IG, FB, TikTok, the mainstream media, their own friends/family, sites like this? What we say here means nothing.

Fans are just angry because the Dolphins have been here before and it never seems to work out. I get it, but it has made this site pretty horrible for the last few weeks. I still think we have a chance tomorrow, and if Tua can come back for the first round of the playoffs, we actually have a chance to make some real noise. We just need Skylar to dial it in and the defense to refuse to give up the late game ending drive.

Look at it this way...after all the times we have screwed this type of season and game up, maybe we are actually due to pull out a miracle. It sure would be awesome.
I agree. It's time something went right for this team under the most difficult of circumstances..a third string rookie QB playing.

The word troll is thrown around way too loosely. If I'm feeling shitty about the season, someone optimistic is a troll. If I'm feeling great about the season, someone pessimistic is a troll. Your opinion on the season is not the right one. It's just one single opinion, even if others share it with you.

I'm always "Right", so just ask me.

No, I am not trolling you, but I am "Baiting" you.
The difference is I use my good "looks".

You don't believe it?
Well, it turns out I was what was called a "Hollywood" Marine.
I was stationed at MCRD, San Diego from August 1965 thru November of 1966.

I spent most of my "free time" on Mission Beach with a group of the "beach people"; Manny, Paul, Paul also, Bonnie, Barbara, Shosie and a couple of others. I liked the music.

This is another bullshit us vs. them all or nothing post. I've been pessimistic during the losing streak but still hold out hope that we win and the Pats lose, Tua comes back and we win a playoff game.
I'm glad to see you coming out of your "funk". - LOL

Back
Top Bottom