I'm still a joey harrington supporter | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm still a joey harrington supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.
amay said:
i understand the hatred towards him, but in his defense everytime Saban asked him to throw the ball it was AGAINST 40 MPH winds. He played in a dome for 4 years, and has played in hot Miami. That was his first start in those conditions. I am willing to toss that game and evaluate him in the next 2 upcoming games just like Nick and the rest of the crew are. Any given Sunday, u have to look at things as a whole. i still also beleive he can have success here with the right amount of support, but we need some changes in the offseason, starting with the OLINE.

We should have gotten JP Losman then, because he can apparently throw the ball around in 40mph winds with no problem.

Slappy8800 said:
he played in chcago and in green bay every year....

i have bet on the bears everytime the lions came into town the past 4 years....worst offensive line vs best defensive line..made a lot of money...im tellin u the conditions were never like they were in Buffalo last week. I can;t say the same for G.B. but i just never remember seeing him in those conditions. The lions have made me alot of money in the past 4 years since joey came into Detroit. Everytime they played a great defensive line they'de get smashed, everytime they played the "packers" or someone who is bad at getting to the qb, joey would have a great game and theyde cover spread/win outright. IT was so easy like takin candy from a baby. Joey is good but u need ot surround him, and he wasnt in detroit and he's not here. Although he's way better off here than there. He has a good arm, can get the ball off quickly, and is good at reading defenses, his downfall is he struggles under pressure. He doesn't like taking sacks, which leads to INT's, lots of them. He used to always throw off his back foot in Detroit, which seems ot have gotten better since being here, but he still releases the ball too quicky. sometimes u gotta just take the sack. He's going to succeed in the NFL, mark my words. But in order to do so he has to be comfortable in the pocket. He is going to keep improving like he has been here. Just gotta see if he can pull it all together before the year is over or not. I discount the Bills game.

also ide like to throw in that u fans seem oblivious to our offensive woes. You really think someone besides manning or brady (maybe palmer) can come in here and be a 300 3td passer every game with minimal int's? It's just not happening. Get the offensive line fixed in the offseason so we have a running game, and we will be 5x better than we were this year. Until Buffalo, joey has gotten the job done and looked more and more impressive each week. He's not the problem here. he's no Marino that's for sure, but u guys are too hard on him. You act like we have tomilson in the backfield, with this great receiving core to throw too.... i mean u guys gotta be realistic sometimes. Booker and Chambers? yea they are probbaly be the 4th - 6th worse 1 ,2 punch in the nfl. not to mention Bookers career was over after this season. U guys don't realize harrington resurrected it and now he's going to be able to play another 2-3 years in the NFL. He was done for if he didnt have these good games recently. Now some team is gonna give him a contract.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Yeah the ONE SINGLE ball that was deemed catchable thrown Chambers way. When your primary receiver only gets one catchable ball thrown his way, your QB is B-A-D!

like on opening night when Culpepper threw him a perfect pass on the goaline and the ball went through his hands and hit him in the helmet?

and what does the QB have to do with CC never being aggresive for the football?

I would stop talking about other people's "mancrushes" if I were you.

emocomputerjock said:
We should have gotten JP Losman then, because he can apparently throw the ball around in 40mph winds with no problem.

he lives there doesnt he? What do u expect? ha JP Losman in Miami wouldn't last a week. He's not 1/2th the qb Joey is and that's not saying much.

amay said:
i understand the hatred towards him, but in his defense everytime Saban asked him to throw the ball it was AGAINST 40 MPH winds. He played in a dome for 4 years, and has played in hot Miami. That was his first start in those conditions. I am willing to toss that game and evaluate him in the next 2 upcoming games just like Nick and the rest of the crew are. Any given Sunday, u have to look at things as a whole. i still also beleive he can have success here with the right amount of support, but we need some changes in the offseason, starting with the OLINE.

I also promise next week against the Jets will be his best game as a Dolphin, remember i said it. You all can take every amount of money u have and put it on the dolphins to win because i promise we beat the Jets. How impressive did he look in the 4th against them when olindo missed the field goal for the tie? We're gonna kill the jets this week, and he;s gonna have his best performance of the year. You can take that to the bank.

are you forgetting Lambeau was in his division for four years

I've always said I support anyone who plays for Miami. But that doesn't mean I have to be thrilled.

I support all Miami Dolphins players. That said, I do have my preferences at QB. Joey's cheaper, which should allow us to fill gaps in spots we really really need filling in (i.e. LT, CB, NT, etc), still has some potential, and is probably the better fit for out O given the state of our OL.

Slappy8800 said:
Im not gonna be on the bandwagon one week, off the next like some people. I still think Joey can be successful here.

flame away.

I still think he has the chance to be successful somewhere. I kind of considered this to really be his rookie year. He learned absolutely nothing in Detroit, no coaching, no team, nothing at all. He's definately shown improvement this year, sure last week was terrible... beyond terrible really. But... hey guys have bad games. I dont think you can write the guy off yet. He's definately not going to be a montana... or elway, or manning... but... I just dont feel we've seen enough of him... because his first 4 years in Detroit, were comparable to him playing for a high school team haha

Do i think he's a starter? possibly. for us? i dont think so. not with Daunte still on the roster. Do I think Daunte is the starter? If he's healthy, and playing smart football again, not that junk he was playing before his injury. But thats neither here nor there at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom