Indy inquiring about Ricky | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
with what money?
they have some money with James gone plus all of their starting LBs are FAs and I'm sure Manning will restructure to free some space, I see them franchising Wayne if they trade for Ricky

FinaticalOne said:
You're right, he is a FA. It doesn't matter anyway becasue the Colts #1 priority is to sign Reggie Wayne; he is the reason why they are parting ways with Edge becasue there is not enough money to go around and it is imperative for the future of the team to keep Wayne.

Exactly. That's why they are inquiring about Ricky. They'll have enough to sign wayne and freeney, while getting a cheap probowler RB.

so who do we have now looking at ricky reportedly: Denver, Indy, Detroit and Jacksonville? I dont understand Detroit, with Kevin Jones, but whatever...

ajajaj said:
I see edge their first and third plus a pick next year based on playing time and performance for our 3rd pick and Ricky.

Talk about overvalueing Ricky!

Alex22 said:
They have till march 1st or 3rd to resign him though

So it could be a sign and trade

he will not be traded GM already told Skins that htey have no shot b/c they are signing him for sure as first priority followed but freeney hence they can't afford james. he will be gone, sign ricky then sign both

Oboy said:
I would bet it would be more like a conditional pick in next year's draft.
This would be the smartest move, and sounds like a Saban move to me. I think we all agree that RW will be back in form next season, making a 1st round pick more likely. This move also solidifies a future draft, which again, sounds like a Saban move.

FakeSpike13 said:
so who do we have now looking at ricky reportedly: Denver, Indy, Detroit and Jacksonville? I dont understand Detroit, with Kevin Jones, but whatever...
I haven't heard about Jacksonville but thats another good suitor, them and Indy need RBs more than just about every other team. the only thing the Jags didn't have was a solid running game and Ricky would help them, Taylor is injured too often to be effective

jason8er said:
This would be the smartest move, and sounds like a Saban move to me. I think we all agree that RW will be back in form next season, making a 1st round pick more likely. This move also solidifies a future draft, which again, sounds like a Saban move.

i wouldnt' want that. i want a 1st rounder this year! and for sure he'll do very well enxt year in Indy with taht great line.

WindyCityDolfan said:
Talk about overvalueing Ricky!

not so much Ricky as his importance to them their cap and their situation.

They need a stellar back to give their passing game the time and balance it needs.

They can't afford edge, they can't afford alexander. They won't get bush in the draft or any "stud".

Manning has about 3 or 4 prime years left tops, thier D is in the best shape ever and they can't afford to keep everyone. If they get Ricky they have the weapons needed to make another SB run. W/O Ricky they are one demensional. So what is a superbowl run during the prime of your star players worth???

Not overvaluing Ricky, his contract is what makes him so appealing.

ajajaj said:
not so much Ricky as his importance to them their cap and their situation.

They need a stellar back to give their passing game the time and balance it needs.

They can't afford edge, they can't afford alexander. They won't get bush in the draft or any "stud".

Manning has about 3 or 4 prime years left tops, thier D is in the best shape ever and they can't afford to keep everyone. If they get Ricky they have the weapons needed to make another SB run. W/O Ricky they are one demensional. So what is a superbowl run during the prime of your star players worth???

Not overvaluing Ricky, his contract is what makes him so appealing.

Must be nice over there in "fantasy land".

csabe said:
Must be nice over there in "fantasy land".

Yes THAT post really showed him how he was wrong. Must be nice to be over there in "SayNothingVille"

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'll take there 1st and 4th round pick.
thats way too much not that I wouldn't like it

accepting a conditional pick for next years draft would be nuts. Especially seeing how Ricky expressed that he didnt want to be a "featured" back. I would put anything on him staying the entire season with another team. Yea it could work out but due to his past history I think the risk would be too high on our part (if thats the case we might as well just cut him into FA). Theres a better chance of him finishing off a season with us and not leaving than with another team.

SR 7 said:
i wouldnt' want that. i want a 1st rounder this year! and for sure he'll do very well enxt year in Indy with taht great line.
I would like to get a 1st this year too, but I just don't see it happening. If it means waiting a year for that extra #1, then it makes more sense. It's all about value with Nick.

Back
Top Bottom