Indy inquiring about Ricky | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Indy inquiring about Ricky

Alex22 said:
He benifits from having those guys, but its the same thing they said about Ogunleye benifiting from Taylor and Ogun has done a really good job with the Bears
I agree Alex, he is a good WR, but I just think Ricky is an Elite player (with head problems at times, but elite), and we are not that bad off at Receiver.....especially with the type of contract he is going to want.

SR 7 said:
sorry but THAT is crazy. any day baby any day.
A good receiver (That will cost a kings ransom for the team that takes him) going to a team that already has some good receivers for an elite RB that will take the place of the elite RB they are about to lose... and this new Elite RB will cost pretty much nothing.....No thank you

Breadfan said:
No link but James Brown has reported that Indy has contacted Miami and inquired what would it take to (exact words reported) "pry Ricky away from Miami." It was reported on the James Brown show on sporting news radio.

Anybody else hear this?

We need a bidding war.

does this mean theat edge is gone? if so that means that they will have the cap to keep reggie wayne.

what would they be willing to sacrafice for ricky?

csabe said:
Must be nice over there in "fantasy land".
What do you mean "fantasy land". In this trade senario, we hold all of the cards. The other team either gives us what we ask, or they don't get Ricky....plain and simple. Ricky is a benefit to us. If they want to overpay for another running back that isn't and talented as Ricky, then by all means let them.
Sure Ricky has had problems, and is on a tight leash, but his cheap salary and his talent pretty much negates the draw backs.
I mean, jeez, if Ricky ran for 1200 in Indy, and all they gave up was a low draft pick, everyone would be talking about how smart Indy was, and how FOOLISH Miami was for letting him go for nothing.

I wouldn't do a trade with INDY ... especially not one that could potentially keep them playing at the same level for a couple more years !

Allowing them to franchise Wayne and substitute Ricky for Edge ... NO WAY !!

jason8er said:
Oboy said:
I would bet it would be more like a conditional pick in next year's draft.
This would be the smartest move, and sounds like a Saban move to me. I think we all agree that RW will be back in form next season, making a 1st round pick more likely. This move also solidifies a future draft, which again, sounds like a Saban move.

thats what I have been saying all along...

nick1 said:
I haven't heard about Jacksonville but thats another good suitor, them and Indy need RBs more than just about every other team. the only thing the Jags didn't have was a solid running game and Ricky would help them, Taylor is injured too often to be effective

Plus... with having Taylor there... Ricky wouldnt have to carry the full load... which is something he doesnt want to do...

PHAZINPHINZPHAN said:
Reggie Wayne is good because of Peyton Manning, Edge and, Harrison

Bullcrap, ask any colts fan, most will tell you that right now Wayne is as good/better than the older Marvin harrison. Won't argue that payton doesn't make his receivers better. Now, given that, I would still prefer a young Marvin harrison, but given the choice, I'd rather have Wayne right now than harrison.

Alex22 said:
Reggie Wayne for Ricky Williams is what Id like to see but I doubt it

Not gonna happen. WR is not a very pressing need. Ricky has more value to us than anothe WR.

FinaticalOne said:
You're right, he is a FA. It doesn't matter anyway becasue the Colts #1 priority is to sign Reggie Wayne; he is the reason why they are parting ways with Edge becasue there is not enough money to go around and it is imperative for the future of the team to keep Wayne.

personally, I feel they're making a mistake. I would keep tag Edge again and hope to resign Wayne. If they tag Wayne, as expected, Edge likely will go and they will become more one dimensional. So, I'm sure they would LOVE to have Ricky but it would have to be on our terms. The only deal I would make for Ricky is a str8 up deal for one of their studs, ie Tarik Glenn or in picks would have to be a 1st and at least a conditional 3rd, same as we had to give for him. Otherwise, he can stay right here and run with Ricky for 550K next year. We are finally calling the shots for a change.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
he didn't write washed up
Misread his post about Manning but doesn't change the fact some are not living in reality about what we can get for Ricky. Saying that we will get a first and a 3rd is just not realistic.

dolfan72734me said:
What do you mean "fantasy land". In this trade senario, we hold all of the cards. The other team either gives us what we ask, or they don't get Ricky....plain and simple. Ricky is a benefit to us. If they want to overpay for another running back that isn't and talented as Ricky, then by all means let them.
Sure Ricky has had problems, and is on a tight leash, but his cheap salary and his talent pretty much negates the draw backs.
I mean, jeez, if Ricky ran for 1200 in Indy, and all they gave up was a low draft pick, everyone would be talking about how smart Indy was, and how FOOLISH Miami was for letting him go for nothing.

Well said

tommybobommy said:
:evil: ricky straight up for bob sanders

For the record, I'm hoping Ricky stays. However, if Saban decides to do some kind of trade with him; I'm with you on that. Something involving Sanders would be great. Another player IMO would be Jeff Saturday. He started at guard for the first few years he was there, but he's their starting center now-pretty damn good too. Either player would instantly help us. IF Ricky is to be traded.
On another note; some posters have been stating Indy might be desperate or willing to overpay. That's completely and totally incorrect. Polian hasn't been overpaying nor has he made any desperation moves so far; he's not going to now. Typically, the Colts have been letting FAs walk when their contract expires rather than overpay. Mike Peterson is just one good example of their philosophy concerning the salary cap.

Dolfan11 said:
Haven't heard it, but I would only like the deal if it's for a 1st or one of their stud players that can fill one of our needs.

They're not going to give up a first...maybe a 2nd (which is about pick #58-60....)

Back
Top Bottom